Crystal Tools Implementation Idea

In dit archief zijn de suggesties geplaatst die pre-LunaLabs gemaakt zijn op het Tipforum.
Miss Lioness

Crystal Tools Implementation Idea

Bericht door Miss Lioness »

Sorry voor het engels, maar heb het geschreven met RSOF en TIF in gedachten.

QFC: 185-186-500-65388739
Crystal Hatchet/Pickaxe
I would like to express my idea on how these tools should be obtained, if Jagex decides to release these.

Along with the launch of Prifddinas, there should be the ability to obtain an untradeable and undegradeable Crystal Hatchet and Crystal Pickaxe. These will both be obtained in the same way, which I will soon expand about.

Firstly, these tools will be one tier higher than the current dragon tools making it level 71 in the skill to use. These will also not be used for fighting, and have as such an attack requirement of 1 with the stats as such. These are tools to work with, not to fight with.

Now about the method on obtaining these new tools. I have seen a lot of people worrying that if/when these tools get released, it will devalue the current best tools: Dragon Hatchet/Pickaxe. My intention is not to devalue it, but I do not want a ‘simple solution’ to be to make these Dragon tools a base component to the new Crystal Hatchet/Pickaxe. Besides, the Dragon Pickaxe is already a component to make the Imcando Pickaxe and if it gets also used for the Crystal Pickaxe, it would make the Imcandi Pickaxe dead content (if it not already is). Instead the Crystal Hatchet/Pickaxe should be made by obtaining several of components within Prifddinas.
There will be 8 clans in the city, and each clan has TWO specialized skills. That makes it perfect for these TWO tools. One of the skills of each clan will reward you one of the tool components, the other skill will reward the other component. To make it more clear an example: let’s take Ithell from the latest design document. The Ithell clan is specialized in Crafting and Construction. While training the Crafting skill within the city, by using the city acitvities such as making Crystal Flasks, you have a rare chance on a Crystal Hatchet component. Training the Construction skill on the other hand in this city, you have a chance to obtain the Pickaxe component. [Note: this is just an example to help me express myself more clearly and get the point across].The higher levelled the skilling activity is, the higher the droprate/chance on the component piece.
The rarity of the components can be debated about and I was thinking of something along a component in one á two hours of skilling, so it must equal to 1/X amount of actions one could do in around 2 hours. You could be lucky and get it in the first minute or be very unlucky and not get the component in 5 hours of skilling. There are already plenty of skilling activities that works similar: Mining outfit from the Golden Nymph, Triskellion piece from pickpocketing traders, etc.

To make the Hatchet and Pickaxe you will need 8 components, one from each clan. This can be made harder by requiring certain scrolls from the elves, either be bought or earned, or having other skill requirements. Though in my eyes this is not necessary, but can be expanded upon.

By having the Crystal tools be obtained this way, the player needs a massive quest requirements, you need access to the city so it requires the last quest in the line: Plague’s End, along with at least the minimum level of the lowest skilling activities within the city among a minimum of 8 selected skills. If one wants to have both Crystal tools, this is further bumped to a maximum of 16 skills.

This way there will be finally tools available by means of skilling instead of combat. Unfortunately several of the Clans will have a combat-skill specialization. Hopefully Jagex can find a way to circumvent the combat part to make it a truly skilling-obtained tool. I must further express the importance that these tools remain untradeable as well as non-degradable. The player has been working very hard at it to obtain these tools and should not go through the process again, unless the player has lost it by death, although there should be the option to put it in the Toolbelt to avoid that problem.

At last, if you have any comments or suggestions on this idea, I would very much like to hear it! Exchanging thoughts is always welcoming =3!
Afbeelding
Plaats reactie