Nieuwsberichten van de website

Hier kun je praten over zaken uit de OldSchool-servers van RuneScape die niet in de andere forumdelen passen.
Bot
Forumbot

Winter Sweepstake and Soundtrack Records

Bericht door Bot »

Winter Sweepstake and Soundtrack Records

Originele tekst

AfbeeldingWinter Sweepstake - Win a Razer Phone 2!
Christmas is just around the corner. The sweet sound of wrapping paper being torn to bits approaches. As does the disappointment of discovering you've received another sweater from your aunt! Fortunately we're here to help by offering you the chance to win a Razer Phone 2! We'll also throw in 6 months of RuneScape membership for good measure. Entering our Winter Sweepstake couldn't be simpler. All you have to do is follow the link below and fill in the competition form for a chance to win. It's as simple as that!

Winter Sweepstake - WIN a Razer Phone 2 + 6 Month Membership!

Want to boost your chances? You get an additional two entries for each of your friends who enter too, so get inviting!
Afbeelding
Competition FAQs and T&Cs

Please check out our FAQs and competition T&Cs before[/b] you enter - good luck!
Afbeelding
Soundtrack Vinyls Now In Music Retailers!
AfbeeldingAfbeelding
We are now pleased to announce that both the soundtrack Vinyl and CDs are now available in record retailers and online - just in time for Christmas! Since release, the RuneScape soundtracks have been flying out of the merch store all accross the world. They have also reached a whopping 1.5 million listens on Spotify alone! To check out where you can listen to the tracks digitally and see more about their recording, head over to Laced Records .
Afbeelding
Mods Archie, Ash, Ayiza, Bruno, Curse, Ed, Gambit, Ghost, Gee, Kieren, Lenny, Lottie, Mat K, Maz, Munro, Nasty, Roq, Ry, Stone, Sween, Weath, West & WolfThe Old School Team
Bot
Forumbot

Christmas Event 2018

Bericht door Bot »

Christmas Event 2018

Originele tekst

Old School's 2018 Christmas Event is finally here!
AfbeeldingChristmas Event 2018
Afbeelding
It's that time of year again! The snow has fallen, and presents are waiting to be delivered. Who is going to ensure everyone gets their gifts on time? This year's event is small but fun and quirky - requiring minimal graphics and dev time, allowing us to bring you the Bounty Hunter tweaks that were released recently.To start, speak to the Duke upstairs in Lumbridge castle, and prepare yourself for some pretty odd goings on. As per usual there is a new costume reward for completing the event, and all previous Christmas rewards will be unlocked if they are not already, along with all Christmas music tracks.
Afbeelding
Here are some words about the event from the developer herself: This year's event is deliberately quite small as we wanted to fulfil our promise to spend less dev time and graphics time on events, and more on content which stays in the game. Firstly we had a brainstorming meeting where the whole team was invited to submit ideas. Then I had to sort through those ideas to select those that were scalable enough to work and that could be achieved with minimal graphics time. This was quite a challenge, as some of the ideas were really awesome, but just too big to develop in the time. We settled on something that could take a distinctly RuneScapey twist, but still be recognisable as being connected with a traditional holiday event.The majority of the graphics time was spent on the rewards by the lovely Mod West whilst I tackled the mapping of Lumbridge and the decoration of the castle.The event itself is relatively straight forward technically, although Hans did prove a bit of a challenge. This was mostly thanks to his insistence on walking round the castle complicating matters somewhat, as your tasks have to do there could occur at any point on that route. However, with judicious use of Multi-NPC technology and some magic, it worked out in the end.
Afbeelding
The bonus event content is found in this cow pen - not the one across the river Lum!
There's an added bonus party game this year - as I was tinkering over a weekend and came up with a twist on the traditional party game of pin the tail on the donkey. Head to the north cow field to try it out. I was messing with some interface code and thinking about the party games that one is subjected to and decided that one of them needed to be in RuneScape (I'm not sure how many mince pies I'd eaten by this time, but I'm sure it had an effect). Whilst there aren't any rewards for it, I figured it would be a nice little extra and rather fun. ~ Mod Maz
AfbeeldingFree Trial Prompt
With new players trying out the game in response to the Mobile launch, many of whom don't know RuneScape or its subscription model, we've been using this prompt for a while now to let them know about their options. However, the message screen we've been using is very plain, and we'd like to see whether the new players respond better to one with more functionality and some illustrations, so a selection of them will be shown the new version. This shouldn't otherwise impact their gaming, and it may help grow the community if it works well - which would suit everyone.
AfbeeldingOther Changes
  • The PvP World Rota is switching to Period A. The rota will stay on Period A until the next update (Kebos launch), due on 10th January. For fairness, the rota can remain on Period B for the same amount of time, if players wish, before returning to the usual fortnightly rota.
  • The desert mining camp guards will no longer put players onto blocked areas when dumping them randomly in the desert.
  • Many of the items missed out or incorrectly tracked from the Collection log last week have now been added or fixed.
  • Ring inventory models have been slightly realigned to better centre them in the worn equipment screen.
  • Iron players can now take the net found in the Ruins in the Wilderness.
Afbeelding
Discuss this update on our official forums, the community-led 2007Scape Reddit, or the community-led OSRS Discord in the #gameupdate channel.

Mods Archie, Ash, Ayiza, Bruno, Curse, Ed, Gambit, Ghost, Gee, Kieren, Lenny, Lottie, Mat K, Maz, Munro, Nasty, Roq, Ry, Stone, Sween, Weath, West & WolfThe Old School Team
Bot
Forumbot

Kebos Lowlands: Progress Update

Bericht door Bot »

Kebos Lowlands: Progress Update

Originele tekst

Kebos Lowlands: Progress UpdateIt's been two months since we announced the Kebos Lowlands and the team have been hard at work to have everything finished ready for its release on the January 10th!
Afbeelding
On October 6th, as part of the Old School RuneScape reveals section during RuneFest, we announced the Kebos Lowlands - a new region to the west of Kourend that is home to the Farming Guild and Mount Karuulm, bringing with it many varieties of content such as; Aerial Fishing, a new Slayer master and Slayer creatures, two new quests and a whole new Achievement Diary!
Afbeelding
Since then the team have been hard at work, ensuring Kebos is at its absolute best for when it releases. This blog will detail some of the work individual members of the team have been doing on the project.
AfbeeldingDevelopment Team
Mods Kieren, Munro and Ed are the main content developers for Kebos Lowlands. Kieren talked us through the content development work that he and the others have been doing...What's your overall involvement in the project/what responsibilities do you have?I essentially have two roles in this project. Firstly, I am one of the main developers working directly in the Kebos Lowlands Project team, meaning that I'm implementing many of the new features you'll be able to play soon. Secondly, I am the Project Team Owner. This takes a fairly significant proportion of my time, but the role is vital to the project's success.This project is complicated. It has many moving parts and a fairly large core team working on different things at the same time. We have; 3 main developers, 1 Quality Assurance Analyst, 4 Artists and 2 Audio Designers now working on the project. This is just the core development team - many people from within the Old School team itself and from elsewhere in the business are also integral parts of the project.For the development of this project, the team operates using a framework called Scrum; ensuring that Scrum is adhered to is one of my core responsibilities. In layman's terms, we essentially work in 2-week work planning cycles. At the end of each cycle we look back on what we've done, take feedback on board, discuss what we can do better as a development team, and then we plan the work we wish to commit to for the next 2-week cycle. In Scrum, those set work cycles are called sprints - and we choose to do them every 2 weeks.
AfbeeldingAn area of Mount Karuulm, created by Mod Ry
How is progress coming along?Overall, progress for the project is also a key part of my role as the Project Team Owner. With such a large update, hitting the release date is vital. We have a marketing team who are gearing up and planning campaigns, and any delay has a knock-on effect. By monitoring a score called Velocity, we can make projections about when we expect to get through all of the work required for the project. This score, Velocity, is a measure of how much work is being completed each sprint. If we're completing 100 story points every 2 weeks on average, and we have 300 story points remaining, we would make the reasonable projection of saying we'll likely to be done in 3 sprints (or 6 weeks) time from now.If the project is running behind the release date, by using this system we should be alerted to this fact ASAP, allowing us to make changes to those features to perhaps save time on code complexity or the graphical assets required for it.The system seems to be working well, as we were able to identify in good time that we'd need an additional week in order to complete the project. Now that we've got that bit of extra time, we're able to commit to a release date and are very confident it will be ready for then!What are you currently working on?My main task right now is the Alchemical Hydra. It's been most of my workload for the past month or so, although I've been handling many of the new farming patches alongside it too. Given this is the highest-level slayer boss in game, I feel its super important we deliver something worthy of that title. There have been many ideas thrown back and forth, and even prototypes we've completely ditched, because it needs to be right.
AfbeeldingThe Alchemical Hydra's decapitation animation, created by Mod Ghost
I'm fairly experienced with writing bosses at this stage, so I'm well aware of the sort of problems I'm likely to face with developing them. Perhaps more than any other type of content, boss developers need to work incredibly closely with the artists to ensure the models and animations being used work as intended for the mechanic. An animation being too long can have a drastic effect on the play of the boss fight for example.There are a few key rules I now follow when designing bosses:
  • The player should be able to improve their odds in the face of every challenge. This can include avoiding a mechanic altogether or trying to reduce the amount of incoming damage. The Player wants to feel satisfaction from doing something right.
  • Avoid screwing the player over. For example, spawning a deadly thing on the floor right next to the player and giving them no time to react. If the player receives a 'punishment' of any kind, it should be because they failed to do the action designed for in the above point.
  • A fight should generally not get easier as it goes on. It's very easy to fall into this trap. I'm sure you can all think of bosses in other games where this is the case.
  • The fight should be cohesive. Mechanics should work well together if presented together. Visually, the mechanics must make sense for the boss.
  • Limit downtime. The player doesn't want to be waiting around.
  • The player should never have to keep track of more than 3-4 things at once. If they do, it must be because they've messed up somehow.
It can be difficult to follow them all perfectly, and it doesn't quite cover everything, but I think it gives the solid core.What will you be working on next?The biggest challenge I've got coming up will be in the development of Redwood tree farming. They are massive. We didn't want to provide a lame Redwood much smaller than the ones found within the Woodcutting guild, so Mod Ry has put a huge amount of effort in to attempt to work out a way in which we can provide full size redwood trees in a farming patch. I cannot guarantee we're going to pull it off still at this stage but we're definitely trying! I think you're going to need more than 1 spade to just quickly dig these out of their patch...
AfbeeldingAn area of the Farming Guild, created by Mod Ry
What's the most enjoyable thing in the project you've worked on to date?Learning farming code for the first time! I personally have never worked much with new farming features at all, so this was my first chance to dive all the way into the Farming system. I've always really enjoyed working out how systems work and tying so many new things into Farming is just great. The satisfaction watching Snape Grass grow for the first time was epic.After closing things with Mod Kieren and his epic experiences with the project, we went to see what the rest of the team were up to...
Afbeelding
Mod Ed has had the main role of designer and developer on two new quests, The Forsaken Tower and The Ascent of Arceuus, both coming as part of the Kebos Lowlands update. Beyond that, he's responsible for; developing the Achievement Diary, helping with the development of a few smaller features across the new area, as well as assisting with the overall design of the content.Both of the quests are now finished from a development point of view, so all that is left for them is plugging in the graphics and audio, then it's on to QA for testing! With those quests now considered done, Ed has been able to move on to a few smaller jobs to do for the Farming Guild, after which he will move on to the Achievement Diary.
AfbeeldingThe Ascent of Arceuus, developed by Mod Ed
Mod Ed's approach often varies depending on the content he is developing. In general, he likes to create a rough framework for whatever it is he's working on before filling in the gaps later. For example, with the quests he made them playable from start to finish very quickly by using placeholder dialogue, then went back and properly wrote the dialogue at the end.With development finished on the quests, Ed has been working on the Achievement Diary and helping out with some sections of the Farming Guild, specifically the Farming Contracts and the Hespori patch. Once these are done, his role in the project will be pretty much finished, but he'll still be helping out with the odd bit of lore here and there. As you may have realised with the quests he's developed so far, Ed really does love his lore! He's even created a new naming convention and language inspired by that of the TzHaar for the new race introduced with the Kebos Lowlands, the Kahlith, found on Mount Karuulm.For Ed, the most satisfying thing in this project was having the chance to work on the two quests. Whilst it has sometimes been a challenge due to balancing work commitments, such as post-launch feedback for Old School Mobile, he actually designed both quests over a year ago when he created the Queen of Thieves and the Depths of Despair quests, so it's been great to finally be able to implement them!
AfbeeldingArt Team
Mods Ghost, Gee, West and Ry have all worked on the graphics side of the Kebos Lowlands update.Mod Ry has been focusing heavily on the Farming Guild, which includes all of the new crops and the surrounding environment too, the new Slayer cave, the Alchemical Hydra environment and all assets that will be used for Aerial Fishing.
AfbeeldingThe Farming Guild environment as seen in the map editor, created by Mod Ry
Mod Ghost has created some beautiful looking NPCs, including the Alchemical Hydra, Hyrdas, Wyrms, Drakes, the Hespori, the new Kahlith race and even the TassaKaal!
AfbeeldingThe Drake walk animation, created by Mod Ghost
Mod Gee is new to the team but has hit the ground running, showcasing her skill by creating the wonderful looking Sulphur Lizards you may have seen on a weekly Q&A stream alongside Lord Arceuus!
AfbeeldingA wireframe of the Sulphur Lizard, created by Mod Gee
AfbeeldingThe Sulphur Lizard walk animation, created by Mod Gee
Mod West offered us some additional words, detailing what he's done during the project.What's your overall involvement in the project/what responsibilities do you have?Environments and Rewards! Mount Karuulm and the battlefront is where I've spent most of my time on this project. This involved creating a new look for volcanoes in Old School RuneScape (Have you ever seen blue lava before?!), based on the real phenomenon of Sulphur volcanoes, which was an incredibly tough thing to crack. Making sure it blended seamlessly with the limiting features of Old School's rather old terrain was perhaps the hardest part. The battlefront was great fun also as it gave me the opportunity to improve some mapping issues between Shayzien and Lovakengj, as well as polishing the rather boring looking Lizardman models.
AfbeeldingAn area of Mount Karuulm, created by Mod West
How is progress coming along?Let's just say that I might have spent too much time on iterating on the rewards, but as these will be BiS items (for the most part), they're certainly worth the time. I also tend to get carried away when it comes to mapping in-game areas, as it's probably the thing I enjoy most when it comes to creating things for the game (even more so when it's polishing areas I've worked on before that I didn't have the time to do)
AfbeeldingA work in progress of the rewards coming from various aspects of the Kebos Lowlands update, created by Mod West.
How do you go about producing your work?I could say far too much about this, so instead I'll try to keep it short... If you've seen the various design streams I've participated in, they are literally me producing the work! I'd like to do more mapping streams, but as the program we use to do this works a lot better spread out over two monitors, it's fairly difficult to achieve (not to mention many parts of mapping can be fairly mundane to watch). You can watch Mod West's most recent Kebos Lowlands related design streams by clicking on the following links: OSRS Design Stream with Mod West - Kebos Lowlands Rewards and OSRS Design Stream with Mod West - Kebos Rewards (Dragonhunter lance and Ferocious gloves).What are you currently working on?Right this minute? The west coast of Shayzien and Lovakengj needed a lot of love for a natural transition to form so that the way into the Kebos region is as smooth as possible. After that, I'll probably be heading into the swamp to blend the area north of Mt Quidamortem into the new sections of the Kebos Lowlands.What's the most enjoyable thing in the project you've worked on to date?I enjoy it all! If I had to pick one thing though, I thoroughly enjoy the world building we get to do while mapping the environments, as it adds flavour to the world and it's the one place we generally get to go wild with creativity that won't be seen until release.
AfbeeldingThe Mount Karuulm environment as seen in the map editor, created by Mod West
What challenges have you faced that you weren't expecting during the project?Mount Karuulm was a struggle to begin with as the initial layout wasn't to my liking and starting from scratch (which I ended up doing) is always a little worrying when time is our most precious resource.Tell us one interesting fact about something you've contributed to the project?I've always disliked the monstrous size of the Lizardman Shamans (not to mention their silly little hat). I had the opportunity to create some smaller, more interesting, variants for the battlefront. However, as they were shrunk down that their jump animation didn't go quite so high. This meant they'd jump up and hang in the air awkwardly for a few seconds before landing so an adjustment to their animation making them fade out was necessary.
AfbeeldingQA Team
Mod Curse has been the lead tester on the Kebos Lowlands and it's his job to ensure the content is enjoyable, bug free and balanced. He's also had the less exciting job of keeping all documentation, test cases and information regarding the project up to date. This allows others to quickly find information on a specific section of the project. For Curse and the QA work involved in the project, progress is coming along at a steady speed, though any hiccups in development can understandably hinder progress within QA. There have been a few incidents that have caused QA to play catch up, as multiple jobs can end up coming through at the same time, rather than in a steady flow. Fortunately, Curse says he is well equipped with good in-house tools that assist him in keeping up with the project management from a QA standpoint.
AfbeeldingA Wyrm's movement animation, created by Mod Ghost
Whilst the QA team aren't developers, Curse has been able to assist with minor bug fixes and changes throughout his time spent on a project, due to having limited knowledge of Runescript and the codebase. His core work however has essentially been getting assigned a job from an artist or developer and finding ways to break it by utilising knowledge of the game and identifying anything that would cause irregularities with the job. He also executed test plans that are created specifically for certain pieces of content, whether it's an NPC, a combat NPC or an object.At the time of writing this post, Mod Curse is working on the destructive testing of both the Hespori and the Alchemical Hydra! I'm sure it's not as exciting as it sounds... Alongside this, he's tweaking numbers and beginning the balancing process to ensure the fights are exactly what we intend them to be. This requires a fair amount of tweaking, rebooting, re-fighting in the same gear setups at a few different base stats and gear sets until he feels it's perfect. After this, he's expected to be working on testing the environment of Molch, a few outstanding farming patches, and the farming contracts.
AfbeeldingLord Arceuus, created by Mod Gee
For the Kebos Lowlands update, the Project Team left the office for a few days to gather their thoughts and ideas for content, ready for the Old School RuneScape Reveals section of RuneFest. We called this Design Week. Mod Curse contributed a huge amount during the design week and loved the freedom of being able to build the project design from scratch. Since then, it's been extremely exciting to see all of the environments become their own individual areas with personality, and the creatures and NPCs go from base models to their final forms to fit the environments they're found in.Aerial fishing initially began as a joke between some of the team, but it ended up turning into an actual content idea in Curse's sleep. When it was suggested at the design week people loved it, and it seems like the community did too! Curse wanted to make it very clear that he can't take responsibility for the Hench Tench though, that one was thanks to Mod Ry.
AfbeeldingAudio Team
Mods Ian and Surma have been busy creating all of the music and sound effects featured throughout the Kebos Lowlands update. From NPCs (enemies and bosses), to atmospherics and even player actions, they do it all!They are progressing very well and keeping on track with the development. It's important for them to be synchronized with the rest of the team to ensure the overall targets of the project are met, but to also allow for their work to be reviewed in a timely manner.Before starting a project, a palette of musical examples is created to share amongst the team. This allows others to provide input and gather opinions and helps to define the direction we want to take. The audio team have to work very closely with the both the development and art teams, as this helps to guide the audio and gives them a clear direction to follow. This is especially important given that lots of inspiration for the audio found in-game comes from the environment, the characters and the lore.
AfbeeldingA Wyrm's transition animation, created by Mod Ghost
The current priorities for Ian and Surma are the Farming Guild music tracks and the accompanying sound effects, as well as the surrounding areas. Once this is done, they'll be working on new music tracks and any relevant sound effects that will complement the new quests being added with the update.The Hespori Farming boss sound track has been particularly interesting. Writing music for boss battles is always quite satisfying because it needs to maintain a high degree of energy throughout. This is also an evil plant boss which we don't come across too often, so it's been a great opportunity to try out some new ideas. When adding atmospheric sounds for the new content, Ian and Surma found that there were large existing areas of the map that also required ambient sounds. This meant they had to factor in extra time to complete these tasks, so they could create a more immersive and consistent environment.The Hydra boss has over 23 individual sound effects, mostly due to its different states and attack styles.
AfbeeldingIt's Competition Time!
Every time we a competition, the Old School community blows us away with their creativity and talent. Once again, we want to see what you can conjure up, so this time we're running two competitions in the run up to Kebos Lowlands releasing on the 10th January!Login Screen CompetitionWe are looking for a login screen which truly encompasses the Kebos Lowlands. If you are looking for inspiration, be sure to check out our recent Kebos design streams (1, 2, 3).The Old School login screen works by taking this image and mirroring it. The submission must be a .JPG like the linked image. It must also be the same size (545x671). The flames and other window boxes will be placed on top of it in the positions they currently adopt in game, they can't be shifted down or sideways. The image is automatically mirrored.Submissions should be sent to oldschoolcommunity@jagex.com and must:
  • Include Kebos Lowlands login screen in the subject of the email
  • Have your design attached in .JPG format
  • Include your RuneScape display name in the body of the email
The deadline for the login screen competition is Thursday January 3rd 2019. The winner will be selected by the Old School Team and will be announced with the game update on Thursday 10th January. In addition to seeing your login screen in-game, there are some exciting prizes up for grabs:
  • 1st Prize: Login screen used in-game, a Wacom Tablet (Intuos Pro), Premier Club Gold on an account of your choice and a 12-month subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud
  • 2nd Prize: Premier Club Silver on an account of your choice and a 12-month subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud
  • 3rd Prize: Premier Club Bronze on an account of your choice and a 12-month subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud
Afbeelding
Kourend Story so far Video CompetitionWe want you to put together a video to tell the story of Kourend. The content of the video could be ambitious, telling of the entirety of Kourend, or it could focus on specific elements of content. If you think you know enough about Kourend to create a great summary of the story, this is the competition for you!Submissions should be sent to oldschoolcommunity@jagex.com and must:
  • Include Kebos Lowlands Zeah Video in the subject of the email
  • Have a link to the video you're submitting on YouTube included in the body of the email
  • The video must be no longer than 6-minutes
  • Include your RuneScape display name in the body of the email
The deadline for the video competition is Thursday January 3rd 2019. The winner will be selected by the Old School team and will be announced with the game update on Thursday 10th January. As well as having your video showcased in the Kebos Lowlands release blog, there are some exciting prizes up for grabs:
  • 1st Prize: Video showcased in the Kebos Lowlands release blog, 1000 Amazon Voucher and Premier Club Gold on an account of your choice
  • 2nd Prize: 500 Amazon Voucher
  • 3rd Prize: 250 Amazon Voucher
Afbeelding
Bot
Forumbot

Maintenance: Thursday 3rd January

Bericht door Bot »

Maintenance: Thursday 3rd January

Originele tekst

Server Maintenance: Wednesday 23rd May

On Thursday January 3rd at 5pm GMT (12pm EST/9am PDT), a number of Old School RuneScape worlds will be offline for a period of approximately 12 hours. This is due to maintenance work. Fret not - you'll be able to continue to play on worlds hosted in other locations throughout the downtime.

We really appreciate your patience. We realise it might not be ideal to play on a world hosted elsewhere, but the maintenance is essential. We've opted for this date as we're unable to perform the maintenance over the holiday period, and we want it completed well before the release of the Kebos Lowlands on January 10th.

The worlds affected are: 6, 7, 13, 15, 19, 20, 23, 24, 31, 32, 38, 39, 40, 47, 48, 55, 56, 57, 74, 78,109, 110, 111, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146

As always, we'll be sure to give you advanced warning of any future maintenance periods.

All the best,
Afbeelding
Mods Archie, Ash, Bruno, Curse, Ed, Gambit, Ghost, Gee, Kieren, Lenny, Lottie, Mat K, Maz, Munro, Nasty, Roq, Ry, Sween, Weath, West & WolfThe Old School Team
Bot
Forumbot

The Kebos Lowlands

Bericht door Bot »

The Kebos Lowlands

Originele tekst

This week sees the release of the Kebos Lowlands expansion to the continent of Zeah!
AfbeeldingThe Kebos Lowlands
Congratulations to J1mmy for winning the Kourend So Far video competition!
The Kebos Lowlands have finally come to Zeah: head to the far west of Kourend to try your hand at Aerial Fishing, receive a task set by the new Slayer Master, Konar quo Maten, and gain entry to the Farming Guild! Find a detailed guide on what to expect from the new content below, along with a map showing the various ways to get around Kebos. Before we delve in, a special thanks goes out to Mod Ian and Mod Surma for producing 18 amazing tracks to enjoy while exploring the Kebos Lowlands - more than any to ever accompany a previous update!
AfbeeldingGetting around Kebos
For those of you who haven't yet travelled to Zeah, you can do so by speaking to Veos (below) at the Port Sarim docks. He will take you to the Kingdom of Kourend which is made of five Houses on the continent of Zeah. After arriving in Kourend on his ship, you will find yourself in the Piscarilius house, on the Eastern side of Zeah. The Kebos Lowlands can be found on the far western side. Below is a map to help you find your way around the new areas, with a list of teleport and transportation locations and their requirements.
Afbeelding
1. The Farming Guild (entrance) - Farming Skillcape or Skills Necklace 2. The Farming Guild (inside) - Spirit Tree (85 Farming) 3. Fairy Ring - Start Fairytale Part II 4. Mount Karuulm (Konar quo Maten) - Kourend Diary Blessing (Hard = 3 per day, Elite = Unlimited) 5. Battlefront Teleport - the Arceuus Spellbook (60% Arceuus Favour 23 Magic) 6. Lovakengj A - Xeric's Talisman (5% Shayzien favour) 7. Kharedst's Memoirs - Forsaken Tower Quest 8. Kourend Castle A - Xeric's Talisman (Architectural Alliance) 9. Kourend Castle B - Kourend Castle Teleport (Transportation Incantations) 10. Shayzien Cemetary - Kharedst's Memoirs (Tale of the Righteous Quest) 11. Fairy Ring - Start Fairytale Part II 12. Lake Molch - each dock allows transport to the others 13. Mount Quidamortem - Xeric's Talisman (Ancient Tablet)ExamplesSay a player wished to see Konar to receive a Slayer task but hadn't done the Kourend achievement Diary or started Fairytale Part II, the best route would to teleport to the Farming Guild via a Skills neckalace and run North East. Once at Mount Karuulm, they could climb up using the Agility shortcuts to reach Konar. Alternatively, players on the Arceeus spellbook could cast the Battlefront Teleport and run north west.Players looking to do a spot of Aerial Fishing may use the Fairy Ring south of the Lizardman Canyon or Kharedst's Memoirs then run west to catch a boat to the centre of Lake Molch.
AfbeeldingThe Farming Guild
Afbeelding
The land deep within the Kebos Lowlands is home to soil more fertile than anywhere else on Gielinor. Land this fertile is highly appealing to members of Hosidius house, even with the threat of the Lizardmen. Following an agreement between Lord Hosidius and Lord Shayzien, a detachment of Shayzien soldiers has been assigned to protect the area. This has allowed Hosidius house to build and maintain a guild where farmers can experiment and master their craft.Click here to read more about the Farming GuildThe Farming Guild is a new guild found in the Kebos Lowlands. The guild is separated into three large greenhouses with each one acting as a different tier for the guild. The first tier requires 45 Farming to enter, the second requires 65 and the third requires 85. Entering the guild requires 60% Hosidius Favour. It is possible to use stat boosts to enter the guild areas.
AfbeeldingTiers Breakdown
First tier - Requires 45 Farming
  • Guildmaster: Provides background on the Guild and gives out Farming contracts.
  • Bank: A bank with a poll booth and a deposit box.
  • Equipment Shop: This stocks the same supplies as Vannah's Farm Store with the exception that it also sells empty plant pots alongside the filled ones.
  • Seed Shop: It offers the same stock as the Draynor Seed Market.
  • Garden Supplier: They offer the same stock as the Falador Garden Centre.
  • A water source.
  • Large Compost Bin: A large compost bin with double the capacity of a normal one (see 'New Patches' further down for more details).
  • Cactus Patch: This patch is identical to the Al Kharid patch. There is a farmer there who will look after the patch for you.
  • Bush Patch: Identical to other bush patches. There is a farmer there who will look after the patch for you.
  • Allotment & Flower Patch: The usual allotment setup with two allotment patches and a flower patch. There is a farmer there who will look after the patches for you.
  • Tool Leprechaun: The patches in the first tier share a single tool leprechaun.
Second tier - Requires 65 Farming
  • A water source.
  • Tree Patch: Identical to other tree patches. There is a farmer there who will look after the patch for you.
  • Herb Patch: Identical to other herb patches. There is a farmer there who will look after the patches for you.
  • Hespori Patch: When this patch finishes growing, it can be fought as a basic demi-boss fight with various rewards (see 'New Patches' further down for more details).
  • Anima Patch: A new Patch with Worldwide Effects depending on what is grown (see 'New Patches' further down for more details).
  • Tool Leprechaun: The patches in the second tier share a single tool leprechaun. Third tier - Requires 85 Farming
  • Bank: A bank with a deposit box.
  • A water source.
  • Fruit Tree Patch: Identical to other fruit tree patches. There is a farmer there who will look after the patch for you.
  • Spirit Tree Patch: Identical to other spirit tree patches. There is a farmer there who will look after the patch for you.
  • Redwood Patch: A new patch to grow Redwood trees (see 'New Patches' further down for more details).
  • Celastrus Patch: A new patch to grow Celastrus trees (see 'New Patches' further down for more details).
  • Tool Leprechaun: The patches in the third tier share a single tool leprechaun.
AfbeeldingFarming Contracts
As mentioned above, guildmaster Jane can also be found at the Farming Guild. She can assign players contracts that require them to grow certain crops within the Farming guild in exchange for seed packs. There are three tiers of contract available; Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 which each increase in difficulty.
AfbeeldingNew Patches
It wouldn't be an expansion to Farming if we didn't include some brand-new patches for you to grow various crops!Farming Demiboss: The Hespori Patch - Requires 65 FarmingThe Hespori patch is a new patch unique to the second tier of the Farming guild. The only thing that can be grown here is a Hespori plant. The seeds for this plant can be randomly found while harvesting other plants (this can be toggled by talking to an NPC near the patch) or by completing Farming Contracts. Once the patch has fully grown, the Hespori can be fought as a solo demi-boss. Killing the Hespori boss grants Farming experience. It has a loot table of seeds, including the unique White lily seed (see Existing Patch Improvements below). Alongside being the only way for players to gather untradeable Anima seeds, the Hespori also has a chance of dropping the Bottomless compost bucket which can hold up to 10,000 compost of any kind. The Hespori is instanced with an item reclaim service that works identically to other grave systems like Grotesque Guardians/Zulrah/Vorkath, and only one can be utilised at any time. This means that any other graves will be wiped on death.Bottomless Compost Bucket
  • Can be filled with regular, super, or Ultracompost.
  • Can only have 1 type of compost inside it at once.
  • Each compost used gives the bucket two charges of that kind of compost. Emptying the bucket will cause all compost stored within to be lost.
  • When used on a patch, the bucket uses 1 charge of the current filled compost.
  • The bucket can hold a maximum of 10,000 charges.
  • The bucket is tradeable when empty.
  • The bucket can be stored by a Tool Leprechaun whose interface has been reworked to be friendlier to use.
Anima Patch - Requires 76 FarmingThe Anima patch is a new patch unique to the second tier of the Farming guild. Planting something here has worldwide effects on all of your other patches. There are three types of seeds that can be planted here, which can only be obtained through fighting the Hespori and are untradeable.
  • Attas Seeds: When planted these grow into an Attas Plant. This plant provides increased yield to all other patches in the game.
  • Iasor Seeds: When planted these grow into an Iasor Plant. This plant decreases the disease chance for all other patches in the game.
  • Kronos Seeds: When planted these grow into a Kronos Plant. This plant increases the speed at which other patches grow by providing a chance to skip a growth stage. This affects all patches of the same type at once, keeping them in sync.
These plants are active as soon as they are planted. Over their three and a half day life span, they grow from a seedling into a withering state. This state indicates that it is one stage away from death. Once it dies, it's effects will cease until re-planted.Celastrus Patch - Requires 85 FarmingThe Celastrus patch is a new patch unique to the third tier of the Farming guild. Once a Celastrus patch has fully grown (which is 16 hours, the same length required to grow a fruit tree), it can be harvested for a tradeable resource, Celastrus wood, which can be turned into Battlestaves with level 40 Fletching.The amount of Celastrus wood harvested from a fully grown Celastrus patch is random, much like the way harvesting herbs works, with a minimum number of lives to ensure a guaranteed amount each harvest.Redwood Patch - Requires 90 FarmingThe Redwood patch is a new patch unique to the third tier of the Farming guild. Once fully grown (taking ~106 hours) the Redwood patch turns into a Redwood tree and can be cut down for logs and Woodcutting experience. The Redwood patch is relatively close to the bank found within the third tier of the Farming guild.Large Compost Bin - Requires 45 Farming to access the first tier of the Farming guild.The Large Compost Bin works the same as any other Compost Bin but has the added benefit of being able to store double the usual amount of compost.
AfbeeldingExisting Patch Improvements
Whilst the Farming guild introduces various new patches with new crops, there are certain patches in-game that we'd also like to utilise by adding new crops for you to grow.Dragonfruit Trees - Requires 81 FarmingDragonfruit trees can be grown in Fruit tree patches around Gielinor. The seeds are tradeable and are rarely obtained through nests, boss drops or by completing Farming Contracts. Dragonfruit trees have the same growth time as other fruit trees and give the following Farming experience; 140 XP for planting, 17,335 XP for checking its health and 70 XP for harvesting.Harvesting a Dragonfruit tree gives you Dragonfruit, a new food item that can either be eaten to heal 10 hitpoints or they can be baked into Dragonfruit pies at 73 cooking. Dragonfruit pies heal 10 hitpoints per serving and provide a temporary Fletching boost of +4.In addition to being a useful stat-boosting food, 10 Dragonfruit can be squeezed into a vial which can be used on the vents in Mount Karuulm to beome bottled Dragon's breath. This can be used to fully charge the Dragonfire shield and similar shields instantly.White Lily - Requires 58 FarmingWhite lily can be grown in flower patches around Gielinor. The seeds are only dropped by the Hespori, but they are tradable. White lily has the same growth time as other flowers and gives the following Farming experience; 42 XP for planting and 250 XP for harvesting.When fully grown, a flower patch with White lily in it will protect all types of crops in adjacent allotment patches.Potato Catci - Requires 64 FarmingPotato cacti can be grown in cactus patches around Gielinor. The seeds are tradeable and are rarely obtained through nests or by completing Farming Contracts. Potato cacti take 70 minutes to fully grow and give the following Farming experience; 68 XP for planting and 68 XP for harvesting. With the introduction of Potato cacti seeds, Potato cacti have been removed from the Nightmare Zone reward shop.Snape Grass - Required 71 FarmingSnape grass can be grown in allotment patches around Gielinor. The seeds are tradeable and are rarely obtained through nests or by completing Farming Contracts. Snape grass takes 70 minutes to fully grow and gives the following Farming experience; 82 XP for planting and 82 XP for harvesting. With the introduction of Snape grass seeds, Snape grass would be removed from the Nightmare Zone reward shop.
AfbeeldingMount Karuulm
Afbeelding
On the northern edge of the Kebos Lowlands lies the Sulphur Volcano of Mount Karuulm. Here, the Tasakaal, masters of life and death, make their home. Within the shadow of this volcano lies the home of the Kahlith. These beings were once human, but they have abandoned their previous lives in the name of the Tasakaal. Together, the Tasakaal and the Kahlith work together to maintain the balance between life and death. Assist them, and you might just be rewarded.Click here to read more about Mount KaruulmAtop Mount Karuulm you'll find Konar quo Maten, the newest Slayer Master. There is also a bank with a deposit box and poll booth, a furnace, and a weapon shop that sells various spears, warhammers and battleaxes.
AfbeeldingNew Slayer Master
Konar quo Maten, a member of the Kahlith race, is a new Slayer Master located on Mount Karuulm that is accessible to players with 75 Combat. Konar is a little different when compared to your usual Slayer Master in that the tasks she assigns require you to kill monsters in a specific area Going out of your way to complete tasks from Konar has its benefits. Each task completed from Konar rewards the player with 18 Slayer reward points and all kills on task from this master have a chance of hitting a new global loot table. The chance of hitting this loot table is scaled by the combat level of the NPC you're fighting, and the loot is granted in addition to any normal drop you would receive. The loot table is split into two potential rewards:
  • A rare chance of getting a new unique drop of the tradeable 1-handed Dragon hasta.
    AfbeeldingThe Dragon hasta is a new tradeable 1-handed weapon, dropped exclusively through completing tasks assigned by Konar quo Maten. It is dropped in a broken form and must be repaired by Otto before being used.
    Konar quo Maten (alongside all other Slayer Masters) also sells Boots of stone for 200gp. These require 44 Slayer to equip and are needed to go inside the Mount Karuulm Slayer Dungeon detailed below.
    AfbeeldingAfbeeldingNew Slayer Creatures
    With a new Slayer Master comes new Slayer creatures, and a new area to kill them! North of the Farming Guild lies the sulphur volcano of Mount Karuulm, home to a brand-new Slayer dungeon.The Mount Karuulm Slayer dungeon is single-way combat throughout and includes a task only area. Cannons are allowed in the entire dungeon, aside from a separate chamber where the Alchemical Hydra can be found (see Alchemical Hydra below for more information) and the Wyrm area. In order to stay inside the Karuulm Slayer Dungeon safely you will need to wear Boots of stone, Boots of Brimstone, Granite boots or have completed the Elite tier of the Achievement Diary - else you'll take consistent damage until you do.Sulphur Lizard - Requires 44 SlayerSulphur Lizards, located within the Mount Karuulm Slayer Dungeon, are assigned by Mazchna, Vannaka and Chaeldar. They have no noteworthy mechanics or drops, and attack with melee only. They are intended to add some additional variety to the low-level Slayer bracket. Slayer Masters that assign Desert Lizards would instead assign Lizards, allowing players to kill either Desert or Sulphur Lizards to complete their task. Unlike Lizards in the desert, these won't require Ice coolers to kill. Wyrm - Requires 62 SlayerWyrms, located within the Mount Karuulm Slayer Dungeon, are assigned by Duradel, Nieve, Chaeldar and Konar quo Maten. Wyrms have a very rare chance to drop the Dragon sword and Dragon harpoon, previously found within the Chambers of Xeric. Both the Dragon sword and Dragon harpoon have been removed from the Chambers of Xeric loot table.Drake - Requires 84 SlayerDrakes, located within the Mount Karuulm Slayer Dungeon, are assigned by Duradel, Nieve and Konar quo Maten. They do not fly and use both melee and ranged attacks. Drakes have a chance to drop their claws and teeth, both of which are attachments for boots.A Drake claw can be combined with Boots of stone to create the tradeable Boots of Brimstone. This process cannot be undone. Boots of Brimstone require 70 Defence, 70 Magic, 70 Ranged and 44 Slayer to equip.A Drake tooth can be combined with Holy sandals to create the tradeable Devout boots. This process cannot be undone. Devout boots require 60 Prayer to equip and are considered an item of Saradomin inside the God Wars Dungeon.
    Afbeelding
    Hydra - Requires 95 SlayerHydras, located within the Mount Karuulm Slayer Dungeon, are assigned exclusively by Konar quo Maten. They use both ranged and magic attacks. Hydras have a chance to drop three untradeable ring pieces and a Hydra tail which is an attachment for the Dragonbone necklace.When the Eye of the hydra, Fang of the hydra and Heart of the hydra are combined, these pieces form the tradeable Brimstone ring. The ring has no requirements to equip and has a 1/4 chance with each spell cast to ignore 10% of your opponent's total Magic Defence.
    Afbeelding
    When a Hydra tail is combined with a Dragonbone necklace and a Bonecrusher, it forms the untradeable Bonecrusher necklace. The necklace requires 80 Prayer to equip and gives the effect of both the Bonecrusher and the Dragonbone necklace (the necklace must be equipped for 9 seconds to gain the effect of the Dragonbone necklace). The necklace is charged with Ecto-tokens as per the Bonecrusher and maintains the same Prayer restoration rate as the Dragonbone necklace. The effect of the Bonecrusher also applies whilst the Bonecrusher necklace is in your inventory. The process of combining these items is reversible.
    Afbeelding
    Alchemical Hydra - Requires 95 SlayerThe Alchemical Hydra, located within the Mount Karuulm Slayer Dungeon, is a new solo Slayer boss assigned exclusively by Konar quo Maten. It can only be fought as part of a Hydra Slayer task or a Boss task (of which only Konar quo Maten will be able to assign). The Alchemical Hydra will not be an easy opponent, and as such you will be well rewarded if you manage to defeat it. It has a chance to drop the Hydra leather which is used to make Ferocious gloves, a Hydra claw which is an attachment for the Zamorak hasta, all Hydra unique drops and of course... a pet Alchemical Hydra.Ferocious gloves are a new untradeable pair of gloves with a focus on offensive melee, requiring 80 Defence to equip. The Hydra leather used to make them is tradeable and must be taken to the Lithkren dungeon (requiring Dragon Slayer II) to be made into the gloves.
    Afbeelding
    When a Hydra claw is combined with a Zamorakian hasta, it forms the tradeable Dragon hunter Lance. This process cannot be undone. The lance requires 70 Attack to equip and has the added effect of 20% increased Accuracy and Damage against Dragon creatures, though it loses its defensive capabilities during its creation.
    Afbeelding
    Additional DropsAlongside the individual drops mentioned above, you'll have a chance to receive Dragon knives and Dragon thrownaxes from Wyrms, Drakes, Hydras and the Alchemical Hydra. Dragon thrownaxe have been removed from the Chambers of Xeric loot table.Dragon knives are tradeable, require 60 Ranged to equip and can be poisoned. They have a special attack, Duality, which costs 25% Special Attack energy and causes two knives to be thrown at once, each with their own accuracy and damage rolls.
    Afbeelding
    New Unique BonesWith the introduction of new creatures we bring new types of bones. Wyrm bones offer 30 Prayer XP, Drake bones offer 60 Prayer XP and Hydra bones offer 90 Prayer XP (both Hydras and the Alchemical Hydra drop these). These bones would work in the usual way with other features like the Gilded altar and Ectofuntus.
AfbeeldingAerial Fishing
Afbeelding
In the middle of Lake Molch is a small island home to Alry the Angler, a peculiar fisherman with a very different approach to catching fish.Alry uses birds, specifically Cormorants, to catch and return fish and salamanders that take residence in the nearby waters. Similar to Falconry when training Hunter, the player equips the bird on their arm. When clicking a fishing pool, the bird swoops down and returns to the player with the catch. If the player's inventory is full, the bird swallows the catch and doesn't award any experience to the player. The player must have both hands free to wield the bird.Click here to read more about Aerial FishingA catch is guaranteed for each time the bird is sent. The pools of fish move at a somewhat frequent rate, around every 7-12 seconds. Multiple people can catch from the same pool and will see people fishing from all sides of the circular island. If the bird is sent whilst the pool is moving to a new location, it still counts as a successful catch.King Worms are used as a starting bait which can be gathered on the island. When the player starts to catch fish, they can cut the fish up into stackable 'Fish chunks'. The bird will take 1 chunk every 3-6 catches as a reward for gathering the fish.There are 4 types of catch found in Lake Molch:Bluegill require 43 Fishing and 35 Hunter to catch with Aerial Fishing.Common Tench require 56 Fishing and 51 Hunter to catch with Aerial Fishing.Mottled Eels require 73 Fishing and 68 Hunter to catch with Aerial Fishing.Greater Sirens require 91 Fishing and 87 Hunter to catch with Aerial Fishing.Molch Pearls can be fished up from Lake Molch when Aerial Fishing. These have a 1/100 chance of being fished up on a successful catch. They are stackable and can be traded with the Angler in his pearl store for various untradeable rewards.
  • Equippable Fishing Rod - 100 Molch pearls
  • Equippable Fly Fishing Rod - 120 Molch pearls
  • Equippable Barbarian Fishing Rod - 150 Molch pearls (can only be purchased if you've got the relevant progress with Otto)
  • Fish sack - 1000 Molch pearls
Golden TenchIn addition to your expected catch, when fishing with your Cormorant, there is a very slim chance that it will return with an extremely rare 'Golden Tench'. This is a fish that can be equipped in the hand and has no stats. It is not tradeable.
AfbeeldingA player wearing the Golden tench and Fish sack. The Golden tench is an extremely rare reward from Aerial Fishing. It has no stats, is not tradeable and is purely cosmetic.
At level 43 Fishing and 35 Hunter, you should expect to earn approximately 17k Fishing, 25k Hunter and 5k Cooking experience per hour from Aerial Fishing. Cooking experience is only granted if you are cutting the catch.At level 99 Fishing and 99 Hunter, you should expect to earn approximately 60k Fishing, 80k Hunter and 15k Cooking experience per hour from Aerial Fishing. Cooking experience is only granted if you are cutting the catch.
AfbeeldingKourend & Kebos Achievement Diary
The Kourend & Kebos Achievement Diary is a new diary that covers the regions of both Great Kourend and the Kebos Lowlands. It will work in the same way as other Achievement Diaries and full completion of this diary will be required for the Diary Cape. Elise, the taskmaster for this diary, will be found in the courtyard of Kourend Castle (a teleport to her will be added to the Diary Cape).Click here to read more about the Kourend & Kebos Achievement DiaryTo fully complete the Kourend & Kebos Achievement Diary you will need to meet the following level requirements:
  • 25 Construction
  • 30 Crafting
  • 40 Fletching
  • 42 Mining
  • 49 Thieving
  • 50 Firemaking
  • 77 Runecraft
  • 82 Fishing
  • 84 Cooking
  • 85 Farming
  • 90 Magic
  • 90 Woodcutting
  • 95 Slayer
  • Rada's Blessing 1 - No Stat Bonuses, 3 daily teleports to the Kourend Woodland and a 2% chance to catch two fish at once (no XP is given for the additional catch, must be worn)
  • 2500 XP Lamp
  • Halved access cost for Crabclaw Island
  • Doubled drop rate of Xeric's talisman
Completing the Kourend & Kebos Achievement Diary will grant players various rewards including Rada's Blessing, which upgrades with each tier of the diary completed. This is a new blessing that can be equipped in the ammo slot.Medium Kourend & Kebos Achievement Diary
  • Rada's Blessing 2 - +1 Prayer bonus, 5 daily teleports to the Kourend Woodland and a 4% chance to catch two fish at once (no XP is given for the additional catch, must be worn)
  • 7500 XP Lamp
  • Free access to Crabclaw Island
  • 5% chance to mine two dense essence blocks at once
  • 20 Free Dynamite a day from Thirus
  • The rewards from previous diary tiers
Hard Kourend & Kebos Achievement Diary
  • Rada's Blessing 3 - +1 Prayer bonus, unlimited daily teleports to the Kourend Woodland, 3 daily teleports to Mount Karuulm and a 6% chance to catch two fish at once (no XP is given for the additional catch, must be worn)
  • 15000 XP Lamp
  • Ability to add the Shayzien helm (5) effect to Slayer helms by talking to Captain Cleive
  • 5% increased yield from the Hosidius and Farming Guild Herb Patches
  • 40 Free Dynamite a day from Thirus
Elite Kourend & Kebos Achievement Diary
  • Rada's Blessing 4 - +2 Prayer bonus, unlimited daily teleports to the Kourend Woodland, unlimited daily teleports to Mount Karuulm and a 8% chance to catch two fish at once (no XP is given for the additional catch, must be worn)
  • 50000 XP Lamp
  • 20 Slayer Points for completing Slayer Tasks from Konar quo Maten quo Maten (up from 18)
  • 10% Reduced burn chance at the City Kitchens (up from 5%)
  • 80 Free Dynamite a day from Thirus-+
  • Protection from the burn effect in the Mount Karuulm dungeon without special boots
Afbeelding
The Forsaken Tower
For thousands of years, the Wintertodt has remained safely sealed behind the great Doors of Dinh. Alas, despite the best attempts of the Lovakengj smiths and the Arceuus mages, the doors are failing. Only Dinh himself knew the secrets behind the creation of these doors. Without his knowledge, there may be nothing to stop the Wintertodt escaping and bringing ruin upon Kourend. It is up to you to recover this knowledge.The Forsaken Tower is a brand-new novice quest that further develops on the story of the houses of Kourend. The quest can be started by speaking to Lady Vulcana Lovakengj in Lovakengj House.Spoiler warning! Click here to see requirements for The Forsaken Tower:
  • Client of Kourend
  • 20% Lovakengj Favour
Spoiler warning! Click here to see the rewards for completion of The Forsaken Tower:
  • 1 Quest Point
  • 6,000 Coins
  • 500 Mining Experience
  • 500 Smithing Experience
  • 10% Lovakengj Favour
  • Lovakengj Memoir Page which can be used in Kharedst's memoirs, granting an additional 8 charges and a new teleport near to the Lovakengj House.
AfbeeldingThe Ascent of Arceuus
A long time ago, the citizens of Arceuus house gave up their human bodies and claimed immortality. This event was known as the Ascent of Arceuus and it marked the end of death within Arceuus house. Or so they believed. For the first time in a thousand years, a member of Arceuus house has fallen. You will need to solve the mystery of this death. However, time is of the essence and the fate of Arceuus house lies in your hands.The Ascent of Arceuus is a brand-new novice quest that further develops on the story of the houses of Kourend. The quest can be started by speaking to Mori in Arceuus House. Spoiler warning! Click here to see requirements for The Ascent of Arceuus:
  • Client of Kourend
  • 12 Hunter
  • 20% Arceuus Favour
Spoiler warning! Click here to see the rewards for completion of The Ascent of Arceuus:
  • 1 Quest Point
  • 2,000 Coins
  • 1,500 Hunter Experience
  • 500 Runecraft Experience
  • 10% Arceuus Favour
  • Arceuus Memoir Page which can be used in Kharedst's memoirs, granting an additional 8 charges and a new teleport near to the Arceuus House.
AfbeeldingTweaks and Changes
As a result of playtesting efforts in preparation for the release of the Kebos Lowlands, we opted to make three changes to the content originally pitched. These are:
  • Protection from the burn effect in the Mount Karuulm dungeon without special boots was added as an Elite Diary reward
  • Redwood tree growth time at the Farming Guild was increased from 85 hours to 106.
  • The Shayzien helm effect will be added to the Slayer helmet upon request instead of the two items being combined. This is still done by talking to after completing the Hard Zeah Diary.
AfbeeldingCompetition Results
The competitions described in the Kebos Lowlands Progress Update post drew to a close late last week. The Old School team would like to thank everybody who submitted an entry - we've been impressed by your creative talents and original art styles! Here's a list of all the winners and their entries. Winners will be contacted about their prizes in the coming days.
Kourend: The Story So Far Video
Alongside the login screen competition, we challenged you guys to make a short video covering the story of Kourend so far. We received loads of fantastic entries and had a tough time whittling them down to three. However after drawing an impressive shortlist, we rated each one on their commentary and visuals. Congratulations to J1mmy whose winning entry is found at the top of this page! We also congratulate players John Jingler and Its Tab for placing second and third!Honorable mentions:Click on the names of these content creators who submitted notable entries which are linked below: Beershake
Colonello
DrPickle
FurgFurguson
IceScream Y
Nyquil CF
TeaShirt
Login Screen Competition
Afbeelding
A huge congratulations to God of Onion whose entry is going live as the login screen with this update. Their depiction of Mount Karuulm captured the mood we want players to experience when entering the Kebos Lowlands for the first time.A further congratulations go to both Runezila and Tamara for earning 2nd and 3rd place respectively with their entries seen below.
Afbeelding
Runezilla's 2nd place entry
Afbeelding
Tamara's entry, winning 3rd place
All competition winners can expect to hear from us soon regarding their prizes!
AfbeeldingOther Changes
Here's a list of other changes taking place alongside the update:
  • The PvP rota is switching over to Period B.
  • Xeric's talisman no longer deducts charges when you attempt to teleport to a destination you've not unlocked.
  • An issue with the Hosidius Range where it was only burning the first fish has been fixed. The buff will now apply correctly.
  • Outside of Bounty Hunter worlds, killing a player with a Mysterious emblem of any tier will now reward the killer with a downgraded version of that emblem regardless of whether they have an emblem themselves.
  • The shade of green on the untrimmed Achievement diary cape has been adjusted to match the trimmed version.
  • A grammar error has been fixed in the Dragon Slayer II quest journal.
  • Unfeathered dragon bolts should now appear above dragonhide on the ground in Vorkath's lair.
  • A grammar error has been fixed in lazy cat dialogue.
  • The skill guide now reflects that ugthanki kebabs heal 19 rather than 18.
  • The name of the Zamorak spear has been corrected in the Attack skill-guide.
  • Attempting to teleport to one's POH when one's already inside it will now offer a warning in case this is an error.
  • Shayzien equipment crates now have a Destroy option when empty so that they don't clutter up the ground so much.
  • The name of the Anti-venom+ potion has been corrected in the Herblore skill-guide.
  • The Thermonuclear Smoke Devil now has a 1/96 chance of dropping hard clue scrolls.
  • The notifications about remaining charges on a Scythe of Vitur have been coloured to help them stand out.
  • The name of the Vanguard pet has been made more consistent as 'Vanguard' rather than 'Mini Vanguard'.
  • When Barrows kit degrades to its completely broken state, the notification now says this rather than merely saying it's degraded slightly.
  • Adding a rope to the Kalphite lair holes will now automatically trigger your character to descend the hole.
  • Guthix Rest tea now obeys the standard restrictions on healing items.
Afbeelding
`Discuss this update on our official forums, the community-led 2007Scape Reddit, or the community-led OSRS Discord in the #gameupdate channel. For reference on the above content, check out the official Wiki. Mods Archie, Ash, Bruno, Curse, Ed, Gambit, Gee, Ghost, Kieren, Lenny, Lottie, Mat K, Maz, Munro, Roq, Ry, Sween, Weath, West & WolfThe Old School Team
Atem_nijo

Re: Nieuwsberichten van de website

Bericht door Atem_nijo »

cool
Bedankt aan alle Lunagangers voor de mooie tijd op dit forum!
Bot
Forumbot

Konar Loot Table Balancing

Bericht door Bot »

Konar Loot Table Balancing

Originele tekst

AfbeeldingKonar loot table Balancing
In response to your feedback, we would like to tweak Konar's loot table in a coldfix later today in prepration for the weekend. This would not be a major overhaul but should address the main concerns to give us time to collect more data. Further adjustments can be made next week pending the results of these changes and further suggestions. The average value of rolling on Konar's loot table would be reduced by 30%, reducing the highest value drops by spreading it out more evenly. This means quantities of certain drops would be reduced. We're also looking to swap out some skilling drops for alchables. Below is the current loot table:
Afbeelding
Konar's Unique table is accessed at a rate of 1/100 for level 100 NPCs and 1/50 for level 350 NPCs. This contains the broken Dragon hasta and used to contain 2,500 Saradomin brews which were removed shortly after the update. Key feedback included our aim to reduce drops that are normally produced by skilling. We would also like to add alchables and uniques. Below is a list of the changes we would like to make.
  • Add a new Mystic set with a Mount Karuulm colour scheme
  • Add Coins as a potential drop
  • Add Rune armour to more evenly spread the value of the drops and act as alchables with a stable value
  • Replace high value herb drops with seeds.
  • Replace the raw shark drop with a fish drop. The type given will depends on your Fishing level
Afbeelding
There is potential for further uniques - ideas so far include Konar's equipment: her shield and an ornament kit that could be added to the Dragon hasta to make it resemble the one she uses. Let us know any other ideas you have for new uniques that could be put on the loot table!If we went ahead with the above changes, the new table would look like this:
Afbeelding
After the changes, Konar's Unique table would be accessed at the same rates. Both the Dragon hasta and the Mystic subtable will be a 1/200 chance. In the Mystic subtable, each Mystic piece has an equal chance of being rolled.In retrospect, we realise that a better loot table could have been designed by working with the community during the development process. Following these changes, we'll look to work with you all to see exactly what finer tuning is required and commit to involving you all with this sort of thing in future. With your help, we'd like to make sure we get this right as soon as possible. Get involved in the discussion with us on Twitter and the dedicated Reddit thread to have your say on both the changes above and further tweaks.
Afbeelding
Mods Archie, Ash, Bruno, Curse, Ed, Gambit, Ghost, Gee, Kieren, Lenny, Lottie, Mat K, Maz, Munro, Nasty, Roq, Ry, Stone, Sween, Weath, West & WolfThe Old School Team
Bot
Forumbot

Poll Blog: Post Kebos Changes

Bericht door Bot »

Poll Blog: Post Kebos Changes

Originele tekst

In response to player feedback, this poll blog has been put together to adjust the content recently released with the Kebos expansion. A further poll to fine tune Konar's loot table will follow in the coming days pending further suggestions and data collection.
AfbeeldingKonar's Loot Table
As mentioned above in the introduction - we are still examining the data and compiling feedback regarding Konar's table. Once we have sufficient information, a poll will be put together through the usual process regarding balancing the table. To get involved in the discussion, check out the Old School Twitter @OldSchoolRS and get involved in this Reddit thread if you haven't already! All the information regarding the original table and changes that have been made to it so far can be seen in the Konar Loot Table Balancing post.
AfbeeldingAerial Fishing
For those of you not familiar with the new content, an island lies in the middle of Lake Molch in the new Kebos area. At the lake, players can talk to Alry the Angler and begin aerial fishing. This method involves using birds to catch fish from spots around the lake, similar to the falconry Hunter method. Each catch offers a chance of finding a Molch Pearl which can be used to buy fishing related rewards from Alry.We have been aware for some time that the Fishing Trawler is not the most popular minigame, but is still visited by many players wishing to obtain the Angler's outfit. For reference, each piece of this outfit gives a small experience bonus while fishing with a bonus for having the full set coming to 2.5% in total. We would like to offer the option to obtain this set elsewhere, and the new Aerial Fishing content seems a good fit. However, if this were to be added, it would take longer to obtain the whole set via this new method as the rate of getting pearls is consistent. We also maintain that we would like to improve the trawler in future. To allow for the extra items players may wish to purchase from Alry's shop, we're also offering an increased rate of Molch Pearls gained while Aerial Fishing.
Afbeelding
Poll Question #1
Should Alry the Angler at the centre of Lake Molch sell the Angler outfit in his shop at a cost of 100 Molch Pearls a piece? The outfit would still be obtainable from the Fishing Trawler minigame.
Bot
Forumbot

Kebos Graphical Changes and Other Fixes

Bericht door Bot »

Kebos Graphical Changes and Other Fixes

Originele tekst

This week's game update sees the release of multiple changes and fixes following feedback from the release of the Kebos Lowlands. In the meantime, we are still collecting feedback from the recent poll blog and will use it to write a revised version expected to be live on Friday before polling the suggestions in game, this blog will include proposed changes to Konar's loot table.
AfbeeldingGraphical Changes
Afbeelding
Brimstone BootsThe Brimstone Boots have been updated to look more like boots!Ferocious GlovesThe Ferocious Gloves now cover the players' hands and the inventory model has been updated to show this. Seed BoxesThe graphic for seed boxes given with contracts in the Farming Guild has been updated.
AfbeeldingFishing and the Golden Tench
Afbeelding
Golden Tench NerfThe negative stats that all fun weapons usually have were added to the Golden tench to ensure safe slapping all around. Animation SnappingWhile 3 tick fishing, players previously used a snapping animation to assist with their timing which was removed with the release of equippable fishing rods. This has been re-implemented.
AfbeeldingHigh Alch Values
High alch value shouldn't dictate the value of an item unless it is specifically used as a 'high alch' drop (rune platebodies, platelegs etc...) on a drop table. Avoiding this prevents excess gold coming into the game. For new items, we'd prefer to focus our efforts on improving them to be worth a value above their alch value. This is why we are exploring options with the Drake tail. The other items we believe already offer more value than the alch values below. As a result, the following items have had their High Alchemy values reduced:
  • Broken dragon hasta to 37,440
  • Dragon hasta 37,440
  • Dragon hunter lance to 180k
  • Drake claw to 60k
  • Hydra claw to 90k
  • Hydra heart to 60k
  • Hydra eye to 60k
  • Hydra fang to 60k
  • Hydra leather to 60k
  • Ferocious gloves to 60k
AfbeeldingIn Other News
  • Seed boxes obtained from Wyson when handing in Mole parts now correctly include the new seeds.
  • The Abyssal Sire is now considered to be in the Abyssal Plane location for Konar's tasks.
  • A missing animation for initial chat dialog at all rug merchant NPCs was added.
  • Making History and Swan Song cutscenes are no longer blocked by dialog boxes in mobile.
  • Deleting text on the Report Abuse interface on mobile after closing the keyboard now works as expected.
  • Some hills have been made smoother around Yanille.
  • Brother tranquility now has the correct chatheads throughout The Great Brain Robbery.
  • Pathing relating to the tunnel on the southern Falador wall has been improved.
  • Clicking on the Zip-line before climbing the slope in the Werewolf agility course will no longer allow the player to skip climbing the skull slope.
  • A black tile which was visible on the Iceberg when roofs were hidden has been fixed.
  • The first hit on certain Molanisks will no longer give 0 xp.
  • Olmlet pet variants now have correct chatheads and names whilst in the POH Menagerie.
  • Players should no longer see water tiles above them whilst they are in the hull of Lady Lumbridge.
  • The area left of the XP counter now registers taps when the counter is disabled.
  • Tutor icons in the Newcomer map can now be toggled on and off correctly on mobile.
  • An audio issue encountered when crossing a log in the Monkey Madness 2 cave has been fixed.
  • The doors of the mansion in Misthalin Mystery now open and close as you walk past them.
  • A flash effect in a cutscene from Another Slice of H.A.M. has been fixed on mobile.
  • The Battlefront fountain now has a water icon on the minimap.
  • The Golden Tench can be stored in the Magic Wardrobe.
  • A typo with the Kharedst's memoirs was fixed.
  • Eight additional Blast furnace worlds were added.
  • Slayer reward unlocks that apply to Konar now correctly say so on the Slayer Unlock menu.
  • The amulet of Nature gives its information in fewer chat boxes.
  • A typo has been fixed in the flora book.
  • A typo has been fixed in Ektheme's dialogue.
  • Fixed a typo in the fishing level up guide for Drift net fishing.
  • A notification regarding the Brimstone ring's effect in PvP has been corrected.
  • Anima seeds no longer give hints about growing them in plant pots, as that is not how they grow.
Afbeelding
Discuss this update on our official forums, the community-led 2007Scape Reddit, or the community-led OSRS Discord in the #gameupdate channel. For reference on the above content, check out the official Wiki.

Mods Archie, Ash, Bruno, Curse, Ed, Gambit, Gee, Ghost, Kieren, Lenny, Lottie, Mat K, Maz, Munro, Nasty, Roq, Ry, Sween, Weath, West & WolfThe Old School Team
Bot
Forumbot

Revised Post Kebos Poll Blog

Bericht door Bot »

Revised Post Kebos Poll Blog

Originele tekst

This poll blog is a revision of the one that went live on the 15th. Some of the original questions have been changed or removed and others have been added. In addition, our proposal for a re-balanced loot table for Konar is included. Pending feedback over the weekend, we would like to poll the questions below early next week. This blog was put together by closely examining all of the player feedback (thank you!) and thoroughly discussing it within the whole Old School team. Balancing content, particularly for such a huge release, is not an easy task but we hope that the options offered below please as many of you as possible!
AfbeeldingKonar's Loot Table
As mentioned above, we have included our plans for Konar's loot table in this post. It can be found at the bottom of the blog. In response to your feedback, we have aimed to increase the overall gold earned from an average drop on Konar's table. This value is now very similar (possibly a little over) the original average amount upon release. Using community suggestions for alternatives to items produced by skilling and alchables, we have also added a couple items which were not present before. No uniques have been added for the time being so as to avoid the risk of de-stabilising the table. That said, we have seen some amazing ideas raised by the community which we have considered and may use variants of in future content relating to Mount Karuulm and Great Kourend.
AfbeeldingAerial Fishing
For those of you not familiar with this, an island lies in the middle of Lake Molch in the new Kebos area. At the lake, players can talk to Alry the Angler and begin aerial fishing. This method involves using birds to catch fish from spots around the lake, similar to the falconry Hunter method. Each catch offers a chance of finding a Molch Pearl which can be used to buy fishing related rewards from Alry.We have been aware for some time that the Fishing Trawler is not the most popular minigame but is still visited by many players wishing to obtain the Angler's outfit. For reference, each piece of this outfit gives a small experience bonus while fishing with a bonus for having the full set coming to 2.5% in total. We would like to offer the option to obtain this set elsewhere, and the new aerial fishing content seems a good fit. However, if this were to be added, it would take longer to obtain the whole set via this new method as the rate of getting pearls is consistent. We also maintain that we would like to improve the trawler in future. In response to additional feedback, we will poll an increased rate of Molch Pearls gained while aerial fishing.This is not to say the Fishing Trawler will not receive updates in the future to improve the experience. It will also continue to be the fastest way to obtain the set. This is just an option to offer the Anglers Outfit alongside an activity that is more engaging and has other benefits.
Afbeelding
Poll Question #1
Should Alry the Angler at the centre of Lake Molch sell the Angler outfit in his shop at a cost of 100 Molch Pearls a piece? The outfit would still be obtainable from the Fishing Trawler minigame.
Bot
Forumbot

Maintenance: Wednesday 23rd January

Bericht door Bot »

Maintenance: Wednesday 23rd January

Originele tekst

Server Maintenance: Wednesday 23rd January

On Wednesday 23rd January a number of Old School RuneScape worlds will be offline for an extended period of time. We expect you'll be able to play on the worlds again on Thursday morning, though we aren't able to offer a specific time. This is due to maintenance work. Fret not - you'll be able to continue to play on worlds hosted in other locations throughout the downtime.

We really appreciate your patience. We realise it might not be ideal to play on a world hosted elsewhere, but the maintenance is essential.

The worlds affected are: 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 124, 125, 126, 127

As always, we'll be sure to give you advanced warning of any future maintenance periods.

All the best,
Afbeelding
Mods Archie, Ash, Bruno, Curse, Ed, Gambit, Ghost, Gee, Kieren, Lenny, Lottie, Mat K, Maz, Munro, Nasty, Roq, Ry, Sween, Weath, West & WolfThe Old School Team
Bot
Forumbot

Chambers of Xeric Revisited

Bericht door Bot »

Chambers of Xeric Revisited

Originele tekst

AfbeeldingChambers of Xeric Revisited
Following the huge Kebos expansion, we'd like to turn our attention to improving some older content. There's lots in the game that could do with improvements, whether small tweaks or a major rejuvenation. For now, we'd like to start with the Chambers of Xeric.Traffic through the Chambers has remained strong over the two years since they opened, but there are a lot of points that players would like us to smooth out for them. Most of these are changes to room balancing or scaling mechanics that we'd not normally expect to poll, but the Xeric's Ward scrolls detailed below are a substantially new feature that will be polled.
Afbeelding
AfbeeldingBut, first, an apology...
Since its announcement at RuneFest in October, many of you have been asking about the Bounty Hunter rework that we pitched, in which additional rewards would be earned by performing assigned tasks such as killing one's target with a dragon scimitar, etc. While we did address quite a lot of Bounty Hunter issues later in the year, we weren't able to design and deliver that scale of expansion within 2018, at least not to the standard you all deserve. We're very sorry this didn't take place in 2018 as expected. However we would still like to proceed with that proposed expansion of Bounty Hunter.To ensure the content is high quality and meets expectations, our community staff will be discussing the design plans with prominent members of the BH community, regarding suitable tasks and rewards and game mechanics. A full dev blog can expected in the coming weeks. In the meantime, however, we'd like to improve what we can in the Chambers of Xeric...
AfbeeldingGeneral dungeon stuff
Let's kick off the list with some straightforward tweaks:
  • The smaller scavengers are annoying, making it slower to get the stuff you want from them. We'll delete those, so you always get the version you want rather than having the random dungeon randomly giving something less desirable.
    Afbeelding
  • The Monster Examine spell has never been able to work on monsters with custom attacks like this. While it's not going to become able to output details of all the custom attacks these bosses perform - after all, some calculate their max hit off the number of players standing nearby at the time, which the spell can't reasonably replicate - we'd like to enable the Monster Examine spell to reveal their combat stats.
  • Herb quantities can be a problem in a larger raid. The chance of a high yield already scales up as the party size increases from 1 to 50. We'd like to increase this effect so that more parties can benefit from it, with a party size of 14 or more accessing the optimal rate.
  • Some dungeon layouts don't give you a scavenger corridor before you get to the rooms that require the items they'd drop; we'll aim to weed out these possibilities.
  • Seed raking can be frustrating if you keep getting a seed you don't want. We'd like to make it remember which seed it last gave you, and always give a different seed next time, so that you're far more likely to get the one you're hoping for.
  • The energy pools at the ends of the floors will cure poison as well as replenishing energy, reducing your need to bring your own or to pre-pot.
    Afbeelding
  • Clue scrolls will be given as an additional drop, instead of taking up one of the resource spots. This is more consistent with how clues are given elsewhere.
A popular request is to let a dungeon instance remain open with no players inside. Unfortunately that's not something we'd be able to offer; the engine needs to be able to create enough instances for everyone on the world, even if the world is busy, so its ability to preserve empty instances is very limited. If we become able to do that in future, we'll be happy to revisit this topic.
Bot
Forumbot

Boxing Mechanics and Lots of Fixes

Bericht door Bot »

Boxing Mechanics and Lots of Fixes

Originele tekst

This week sees a change to the boxing and deskulling mechanics in PvP as well as various bugfixes and further changes relating to the Kebos Lowlands.
AfbeeldingDeadman Boxing Mechanic In The Live Game
Players splashing on each other may now be attacked by other players after splashing for a certain amount of time, just as it works in DMM. We have also improved this anti-boxing mechanic to make it more effective. This will reduce the number of people who abuse the boxing mechanic with alts to protect their mains. This applies to the entire Wilderness alongside everywhere in PvP Worlds.
Afbeelding
AfbeeldingClan Wars Portal De-Skulling
Players who use the Clan Wars FFA portal to lose their skull will now regain it back correctly if they attack a player they previously skulled on. This is to prevent players leaving a fight to de-skull to come back and continue it unskulled. Similar to the change above, this applies to all worlds.
Afbeelding
AfbeeldingIn Other News
The PvP World Rota will remain on B to make up for staying on A for four weeks over Christmas.FarmingThe Farming guild's doors have been updated again. Players will now be able to interact with things in different tiers of the guild without being stopped assuming that they have the requirements to enter that tier.Guildmaster Jane will now correctly tell the player they need to check the health of their cacti to complete their Farming contract. Shift+click on the Seed box from Gricoller's farm now lets you empty it.Players can more easily interrupt the repeated action when filling a compost bin. The descriptions of allotments containing Snape grass no longer mention potatoes. The auto-picking of bittercap mushroom patches is no longer interrupted by the Anima plant effect giving you a free mushroom. Kebos/ZeahThe dragon hasta (KP) is no longer tradeable.The death protection value of the Dragon hunter lance has been increased. The alchemy price of the Hydra tail has been reduced to 60k.We've slightly tweaked the Wyrm animations to help assist those who are sensitive to flickering effects.The hill north east of the Chasm of Fire no longer teleports players to the bottom when they try to go up it.The Golden tench's combat stats now match the stats of other fun weapons.Ents in the Woodcutting guild now correctly state which logs you receive from the Ent's carcass.Several drawers in the Lovakengj area to no longer block tiles in front of them.A door in the Lovakengj area now has the correct open/close options. When receiving a Metamorphic dust drop from the Chambers of Xeric Challenge Mode, a broadcast will be sent to everyone in the raid much like when a player receives a unique drop.The Boots of stone will now appear on the Slayer skillguide. Hairclips will now work as Lockpicks when stealing artefacts for Captain Khaled. MobileThe Pest Control shop interface has had its black background removed, since it wasn't rendering well on Mobile devices and looked ugly for desktop users too. As part of this, the buttons have been made more responsive on both platforms.The world switcher layout has been restructured to make sort buttons stay visible as the interface scrolls and increased size of the sorting buttons on mobile.The Pyramid Plunder overlay on mobile is now positioned in the top left making it less obstructive.The Wintertodt Boss next game countdown timer no longer displays when a game has started, this occurred when backgrounding the app on iOS and returning as the next round starts.The Prayer tab on Mobile now has an info icon which when activated displays tooltip information on tap. The Store Orb no longer overlaps the Castle Wars timer.Graphical FixesA render order issue with male snow imp leggings was fixed.A stretching issue with the Christmas tree legs and Heavy ballista was fixed.Arnold from the Piscatoris Fishing Colony has seen a physio in his spare time and had his neck re-positioned.The Large spade has been slightly rotated to help avoid clipping with multiple hats and to increase value for PKers.The inventory model of the Dragon pickaxe has been slightly adjusted to be consistent with all other pickaxes.An issue with the 3rd age pickaxe special showing the incorrect pickaxe was fixed.A piece of roofing in the Falador mountain mining shop was fixed.Some broken trees to the West of the Legend's Guild were cleared.We've updated the colours on Alfred's Barcrawl to make them easier to read on the beige parchment background, and listed the locations of any bars you've not already visited.A minor gap on female abdomens when wearing the Anti-santa panties was fixed.Issues with skin showing through hair while wearing the Deerstalker were fixed.A stretching issue with the zombie trousers and Light ballista was fixed.The inventory icon of Grimy snake weed has been changed to make it easier to differentiate between grimy and clean snake weeds.The colour of the Saradomin and Ancient god pages have been adjusted to make them match their respective God books.Grammatical FixesSome spelling errors in the Kebos diary task list have been corrected. Some grammar with the Iasor plant has been fixed.A typo has been fixed in dialogue with Archeio.A typo in dialogue with Jardric during Dragon Slayer II has been fixed. The bartender's chat options in The Golden Field bar now call the selected dialogue. OtherOverlapping clicks on the minimap orb no longer also count as clicking on the minimap.The Clear options on bank fillers have been switched round; Clear is now offered above Clear-all, so that players accidentally triggering this menu are less likely to wipe so much of their bank. Players who have completed the Elite Ardougne diary can now opt out of receiving free sand from Bert each day by speaking to him, if they no longer want the free sand. They can speak to him again to re-enable the reward. Progress in the Tower of Life pipe puzzles, will now be remembered if you exit out of the puzzle.The way Sotetseg's orb's appear have been tweaked to help with the issue of them sometimes disappearing.
Afbeelding
Discuss this update on our official forums, the community-led 2007Scape Reddit, or the community-led OSRS Discord in the #gameupdate channel. For reference on the above content, check out the official Wiki.

Mods Archie, Ash, Bruno, Curse, Ed, Gambit, Gee, Ghost, Kieren, Lenny, Lottie, Mat K, Maz, Munro, Nasty, Roq, Ry, Sween, Tide, Weath, West & WolfThe Old School Team
Bot
Forumbot

Song of the Elves Poll Blog I

Bericht door Bot »

Song of the Elves Poll Blog I

Originele tekst

AfbeeldingSong of the Elves: Poll Blog I
Afbeelding
The purpose of this blog is to let you know some of what to expect from our second major release of the year.Following feedback on the size of previous polls, we're doing something a bit different this time around by splitting the content across two separate polls. This blog will explain the contents of the first poll. A second blog will follow later this year to detail the contents of the second poll.If you want to learn more about the initial announcement of Song of the Elves, we recommend you check out the reveal blog.
AfbeeldingThe Quest
You think you're the hero of this story, but you're not... - Lord IorwerthBig things have small beginnings. Sixteen years ago, the Plague City quest was added to RuneScape. This quest marked the beginning of the fabled elf quest series, the oldest and longest quest series in the game. From elven rebellions to Dark Lords, the series has told a thrilling story with many twists and turns. Now, after all of these years, it's finally time for this story to come to its conclusion with Old School RuneScape's newest Grandmaster quest, Song of the Elves!Song of the Elves will see you team up with a range of characters from across the series to finally put an end to the schemes of Lord Iorwerth and King Lathas. Do not expect this to be easy - you will face challenging puzzles and deadly foes as you fight to bring peace to the elven lands.That's all we're going to say about Song of the Elves for now, as we don't want to ruin the surprises of the quest. However, you can be sure that it will be an epic adventure unlike any other.Poll Question #1
Should the Song of the Elves quest be added to Old School RuneScape?
Bot
Forumbot

Chambers of Xeric, Kebos, and Collection Log Changes

Bericht door Bot »

Chambers of Xeric, Kebos, and Collection Log Changes

Originele tekst

This week sees the release of Chambers of Xeric Quality of life and balancing tweaks, some changes to Kebos and updates for the Collection Log. Unrestricted worlds are now open for the duration of the Twitch Prime promotion. We're also happy to announce an extension to the Gold Premier Club offer!
AfbeeldingChambers of Xeric Balancing
Last week we published this blog about improving the Chambers of Xeric. Mostly players seemed happy with the balancing changes, especially the removal of scavenger runts, though opinions were more divided about the proposed methods for influencing what rooms you might encounter. We're starting off by releasing most of the balancing changes; see below for details of which ones got into this week's update - spoiler: the scavenger runts are gone. The remaining balancing adjustments will come later in February, around the QoL Month dev work.The proposed change to energy pools, whereby they'd cure poison as well as replenishing energy, wasn't so well received. As it's more contentious, and not required for the balancing of the Chambers, we're happy to leave it out for now, and put it to a poll in future if it seems more popular.Regarding the Xeric's Ward scrolls, we'd like to put that section aside for now, and continue working on the balancing of the rooms through updates like this one. Once we've had a chance to see the effects of this kind of change, especially checking which rooms players are more willing to play and which ones they're still avoiding, we'll reconsider that topic. We'd also need to ensure players can acquire suitable gear for the raid ahead of them.In the meantime, the following changes have been made:Tekton
  • Tekton's defence has been reduced by 25% to make it less dependant on defence-reducing attacks
  • Tekton has been made less sensitive to return to the anvil abruptly without trying to hit anyone
Afbeelding
Vespula
  • Vespula will no longer interact with her grubs until the party has entered the room
  • The portal's health regeneration has been lowered to 1/3rd of it's current rate
  • Each point of HP damage dealt now gives an additional 2 points
Afbeelding
The Ice Demon
  • Adding wood to a lit brazier is now just as effective as adding wood to an unlit brazier and burning it all at once
Afbeelding
Creature Keeper Room
  • This room now gives 5x points as you deposit grubs
  • We have removed the Thieving level restriction to the room so everyone in the party can contribute
  • The creature will now eat faster than before
  • The minimum time before the creature gets hungrier has been increased from 30 to 60 seconds
Other Changes
  • The seeds given when raking weeds will now rotate between the different seeds available
  • We've increased the amount of herbs available in higher-numbered raid teams
  • Dungeon layouts that don't give scavenger corridors before you get to rooms requiring the items they drop have been removed
  • Small scavengers will no longer spawn in the Chambers of Xeric. Only the larger Scavengers will now appear
  • Left clicking on a stackable item while storing items in a Private storage chest in the Chambers of Xeric no longer stores all the items in the stack
AfbeeldingThe Kebos Lowlands
A big thanks goes out to everyone for their feedback on the post Kebos launch poll blog and its revised version and those who voted in the recent poll. We've started working on the changes and have made the ones below to kick things off:The Alchemical HydraThe Jar of Chemicals has been added to the Alchemical Hydra's drop table. This drop is additional to the regular loot rolls. The jar can be placed in players own display case found in the Achievement Gallery of the Player owned House as long as you have atleast 1 killcount of the boss. Alongside this, the topiary bush in the superior garden can now be trimmed into the shape of the hydra. This also requires 1 killcount for the Alchemical Hydra Boss. A shortcut has been added to the Mount Karuulm dungeon. This allows players with 88 Agility to bypass the aggressive monsters between the entrance and the Hydra boss. It takes a similar amount of time to reach the Alchemical Hydra this way as it does to running through the dungeon.
Afbeelding
Aerial FishingThe rate at which Molch Pearls are obtained now scales from 1/100 to 1/75 based on your Fishing and Hunter levels.Alry the Angler at the centre of Lake Molch now sells the Angler outfit at a cost of 100 Molch Pearls a piece.
AfbeeldingUnrestricted Worlds Now Open
New and experienced players alike - join us on Unrestriced worlds to try out any part of Old School you want! Previously known as beta worlds or tournament worlds, we have opened Unrestricted worlds for a limited time in the past. These worlds allow you to engage with content you wouldn't normally, using any stats and gear you choose. When you log in, you'll find yourself in an area with chests full all the gear you could want and a right-click option to set your stats to the desired levels. You may also travel to anywhere in Gielinor. Unrestricted worlds are going live now and are expected to close on the 21st of March.
Afbeelding
These will give you the chance to test out any PvP set ups you want to try or have a go against any bosses you'd like to practice. The only exception is the Inferno which will be disabled on these worlds. Additionally, the 6 Jad challenge will be available for those who are brave enough to give it a go! Simply head over to the Yellow Portal just outside and West of the starting area. This also happens to be right infront of the free-for-all portal should you wish to try your hand at PvP without restrictions. This is the perfect chance to practice your skills or start learning to PK.
Afbeelding
The rest of Gielinor is also open so feel free to explore and engage with all the content that's out there with any levels and equipment! Note that progress is not saved on these worlds so your character will be temporary and reset each time they log in.
AfbeeldingPremier Club Gold
Afbeelding
Following its continued popularity, we're extending the Gold Premier Club membership package's availability! For more information on our best value membership offer, head over to this page.
AfbeeldingCollection Log Changes
Afbeelding
Since we released the Collection Log in early December, many of you have begun the enormous task of completing as many sections as possible. As you are enjoying this so much, we've listened to your feedback and added some more! If you currently own any of the recently added items below or their variants already, they should be automatically marked off in the log. If anything is missed, let us know!
  • Metal boots from Bronze to Rune were added to the Slayer group
  • The Graceful set was added to the Rooftop Agility group. We chose not to add all variations of the set because you're able to recolour the same pieces and sell them back
  • Xeric's Talisman was added to the Miscellaneous group
  • The Crab Claw & Helm were added to the Miscellaneous group
  • Tower of Life satchels and the flask were added to a new Tower of Life group under Miscellanous tab
  • The Chompy Chick pet was added to the Bird Hunting group. This already exists under Pets but was duplicated to show on both tabs
  • A high gamble counter in the Barbarian Assault group
  • Zombie boots were added to the Random Event group
  • Fossil Island note pages were added to their own group
  • A new group called My Notes was added. These are pages acquired from killing monsters in the Barbarian Dungeon near the outpost
  • Mystic robes and the Granite Helm were moved from Miscellaneous to the Slayer group
AfbeeldingIn Other News
  • A stretching issue with the Ferocious gloves and Torag's platelegs was fixed
  • The Ferocious gloves now provide protection when picking Belladonna
  • Edmond's hand has now been re-attached to his wrist
  • A spelling error when Slayer masters remind you of your task progress was fixed
  • A grammar error in the Hydra pet's dialogue has been fixed
  • The Wintertodt timer no longer has a rogue 0 when showing ther are 10 seconds remaining
  • A typo has been fixed in the compost bin options
  • The range icon has been removed from the world map for the Fishing Platform because the scenery doesn't act as a range
  • The Arceuus essence mine now has a handy chisel spawn
  • Tool Leprechauns now let you remove all your compost in banknote form so you can fill your Bottomless buckets more conveniently. This option is also offered for empty buckets and Plant cures
  • A typo in dialogue during King's Ransom has been fixed
  • The water sink at the Sinclair Mansion has been unclogged and now works properly
Afbeelding

Mods Archie, Ash, Bruno, Curse, Ed, Gambit, Ghost, Gee, Kieren, Lenny, Lottie, Mat K, Maz, Munro, Nasty, Roq, Ry, Sween, Tide, Weath, West & WolfThe Old School Team
Bot
Forumbot

QoL Month Poll: Combat

Bericht door Bot »

QoL Month Poll: Combat

Originele tekst

QoL Month Week 1: Combat

Afbeelding
QoL month has arrived once more! As always, we're spending the entirety of February dedicating time to themed Quality of Life updates. This week we kick things off with your Combat related suggestions! For those hoping to see improvements elsewhere, fear not, for the following weeks will be dedicated to Skilling, General/miscellaneous and Repolls. 

The schedule for Combat Week is as follows:9
  • In-game poll live by 01/02
  • In-game poll closes 05/02
  • Week 2 - Skilling Blog live by 06/02
  • As many of the combat updates given in game from 08/02
Make sure you head over to the Old School Content Suggestions forum, or Reddit (/r/2007scape/ and /r/oldschoolrs/), to share your suggestions for Week 2 - Skilling! 
Afbeelding
Poll Questions
Poll Question #1
Should the Defence requirement found on Blessed forms of D'hide Chaps be removed? Currently they require 40 Defence to equip.

Bot
Forumbot

Twitch Prime

Bericht door Bot »

Twitch Prime

Originele tekst

Afbeelding
Afbeelding
Our Twitch Prime promotion is almost here - don't forget to use it to claim your 14 days of membership! This will run from 5th February through to 19th March. For those of you who missed our previous promotions, Twitch Prime is a premium service included as part of Amazon Prime membership. Benefits include bonus loot in your favourite games, ad-free viewing on Twitch, a channel subscription every 30 days, and other gaming-related goodies.When it's live (around 5pm GMT this Tuesday), you can head over to this Support page if you have any problems or queries. The page will contain all the info you need to know about claiming your Twitch Prime subscription and linking it to your RuneScape account.
Afbeelding
Mods Archie, Ash, Bruno, Curse, Ed, Gambit, Ghost, Gee, Kieren, Lenny, Lottie, Mat K, Maz, Munro, Nasty, Roq, Ry, Sween, Tide, Weath, West & WolfThe Old School Team
Bot
Forumbot

Feedback Suggestions

Bericht door Bot »

Feedback Suggestions

Originele tekst

AfbeeldingFeedback and Suggestions
Automating ProcessesIn your suggestions for the Skilling week of QoL month, we saw lots of requests to automate certain processes such as cleaning grimy herbs or decanting coconut milk into vials. Rather than address these individually, we would like to find as many of these cases where the item could be used on its counter part to trigger the rest of the inventory as possible. Each method would be examined to decide how fast it should be - in the case of grimy herb cleaning, this would be slower than cleaning them individually. Let us know any other examples you have on the forums, Twitter, and this Reddit thread. Buckets of SandFollowing feedback asking for a faster method to obtain Buckets of Sand, we have considered the options. The first is a Sandstorm spell which would be added to the Lunar spellbook. This would be locked behind the Dream Mentor quest and have a medium level Magic requirement. Note that if this spell were added, all spells after it on the Lunar spellbook would be moved along one place, including Vengeance. Another option is to allow players to convert Sandstone into Buckets of Sand. This could be done by using a hammer on the Sandstone with empty Buckets in your inventory. If you like this idea, let us know how many Buckets of Sand you would expect to gain from each piece of Sandstone.Alternatively, we could look to add Buckets of Sand to the resources gained from Miscellania. Rather than become its own allotted resource, this would be added to the Mining section. If you have any other ideas which are none of the above, let know about those too!
Afbeelding
Discuss this update on our official forums, the community-led 2007Scape Reddit, or the community-led OSRS Discord in the #gameupdate channel.

Mods Archie, Ash, Bruno, Curse, Ed, Gambit, Gee, Ghost, Kieren, Lenny, Lottie, Mat K, Maz, Munro, Nasty, Roq, Ry, Sween, Tide, Weath, West & Wolf 
The Old School Team
Bot
Forumbot

X Marks The Spot

Bericht door Bot »

X Marks The Spot

Originele tekst

This week sees the release of a brand new novice Free-to-play quest, additional Kebos changes and some of the contents from the recent QoL - Combat Suggestions 2019 poll.
AfbeeldingX Marks The Spot
One of the residents of Lumbridge who lives across from the General Store has converted their house into the new Sheared Ram pub. In the pub, you'll find the Mysterious Veos who is looking for a bold adventurer's help to find some treasure.
Afbeelding
X Marks the Spot is a short, novice Free-to-play quest aimed at players just starting out with other quests such as Sheep Shearer and Cook's Assistant. This is designed to give the Kingdom of Kourend ties to the mainland. Additionally, Veos' boat that takes players to the Great Kourend has been moved to a small dock in Draynor village, making it easier to access and distinguishable from the ships at Port Sarim.
AfbeeldingKebos: Post Launch Changes
The Hydra HeadThe Hydra head has been added to the Alchemical Hydra's loot table. You can mount this on the wall of your Skill Hall in your POH at 82 Construction. This will reward the player with 1103 Construction XP as well as 200 XP in Attack, Strength, Defence, Magic and Ranged. This also requires two Mahogany planks and 2 Gold leaves.Alternatively, the Hydra head can be used to recolour the Slayer helm. This requires spending 1,000 Slayer points in the reward shop as it does with other Slayer helm recolours.
Afbeelding
Konar's KeysPlayers who are lucky enough to roll a drop on Konar's table during a Konar slayer task will be awarded with a key. These keys are stackable and can be used on the Brimstone chest for a reward. The chest is located on Mount Karuulm beside Konar.Wyrm, Drake and Hydra Bones
  • Wyrm bones now give 50 XP when buried.
  • Drake bones now give 80 XP when buried.
  • Hydra bones now give 110 XP when buried.
Afbeelding
Posion Protection From HydrasPoison protection from potions like anti-poison and the Serpentine helmet now reduce the damage taken from the Hydra's special poison attack.Dragonfire Protection From DrakesThe Drake's fire attack can now be resisted by dragonfire protection such as the Anti-dragon shield. This will work as it does with the metal dragons.Aerial FishingPlayers may now trade the Golden tenchs to Alry for 100 Molch pearls. Architectural AllianceAs recently polled, players will no longer lose favour in one of the Kourend houses if they perform tasks in a different house, regardless of whether or not they have started Architectural Alliance. As a result, completing Architectural Alliance will instead grant the player a reward lamp, granting 10,000 XP in any skill level 40 and above. If you have already completed the miniquest, you can claim the lamp from Hosa who can be found at the statue of King Rada I outside Kourend Castle.
AfbeeldingQoL Month: Combat Changes
Pest Control KC CounterYou can now check your Pest Control scores for each lander tier via a scoreboard. This will only count Pest Control wins achieved after this update.
Afbeelding
The Serpentine HelmThe Strength bonus of the Serpentine helm has been increased from +3 to +5 to make it more viable relative to its cost.
Afbeelding
AfbeeldingIn Other News
World RotaThe world rota is switching back to Period A this week. Although we left it on Period A for four weeks over the Christmas holiday, followed by four weeks on Period B to make up for that, we're now returning to the regular two-weekly rota, with the next change due on Thursday 21st February.However, we'd like to try a little experiment with worlds 324 and 325. They've been taking turns to act as the standard members' PvP world, with 324 acting as the PvP world in Period A, and 325 acting as the PvP world in Period B. For the next two weeks, although it's Period A, we'd like to leave both 324 and 325 open as PvP worlds.If the player traffic is enough to sustain both of these, we can leave them both open indefinitely. However, if the activity can't sustain them both at once, we'll go back to rotating that theme on the two-weekly rota.
  • An issue with player dying with a looting bag in a F2P world and the bag keeping it's contents was fixed. Now the items are dropped to the ground as they do in P2P worlds. Existing items in unclaimed Looting bags will still be there.
  • The weeds in Morytania's farming patches are no longer healthy, vibrant and full of life.
  • Doomsayer warnings for areas where players can build eternal fires of light are now unlocked automatically when the fires are built if they weren't already.
  • Reaching level 66 in the Hunter skill will now notify you that you can equip Spottier capes.
  • Duke Horacio will no longer repeat himself when greeting players.
  • The collection log will now track My notes correctly.
  • Some grammar when fixing Broken Dragon hastae was corrected.
  • The Scythe of Vitur's charges remaining notification will only be highlighted when the player reaches 100 charges remaining.
Afbeelding

Bot
Forumbot

QoL Month Poll: Skilling

Bericht door Bot »

QoL Month Poll: Skilling

Originele tekst

AfbeeldingQoL Month Week 2: Skilling
It's time for our second week of QoL month - Skilling! Let us know your thoughts on all the proposed changes below and on the two ideas found in this post!

The schedule for Skilling Week is as follows:
  • In-game poll live by 08/02
  • In-game poll closes 12/02
Make sure you head over to the Old School Content Suggestions forum, or Reddit (/r/2007scape/) to share your suggestions for Week 3 - Re-Runs! 
AfbeeldingPoll Questions
Poll Question #1
Should the Ring of Forging be made available in Free to Play? Currently, the ring is rarely used on members worlds but could be useful to free players. If this passes, Murky Matt at the Grand Exchange will enchant Ruby rings for free players at the cost 250 GP per ring.

Plaats reactie