Make a name for yourself in a spectacular city packed with quests, corrupted beasts, shifting tombs and much, much more. More than any RuneScape update before, this is just the tip of the pyramid ? get in there and discover every secret that the Golden City holds.
How to Play
Speak to the Emir in Al-Kharid Palace to start the Jack of Spades quest
Stolen Hearts, Diamond in the Rough
Sophanem Slayer Dungeon
88 Slayer, Icthlarin's Little Helper
50 Agility, Construction, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Prayer, Runecrafting, Thieving
Dealing with Scabaras, Missing My Mummy, Do No Evil, Spirits of the Elid
72 Fishing, 73 Hunter
Beyond the Sophanem Slayer Dungeon, Shifting Tombs and Faction system that we've covered in the preceding weeks, there are three new quests in the city (in addition to Jack of Spades):
- Crocodile Tears
- Our Man in the North
- 'Phite Club
Whatever you're doing, don't forget that there's a 5% XP boost for activities in Menaphos and the Sophanem Slayer Dungeon over the next eight weeks. It's most certainly the definitive place to 'Scape.
Open Weekend | Starts 9th June, 12:00 UTC
This weekend we're running an open weekend: 72 hours where free-to-play accounts can opt in and experience RuneScape members' content. If you're on the fence about joining us in the Golden City, the decision just got a bit easier!
Already a member? This could be a great time to get some friends into the game you love. Our recruit a friend system offers some awesome mutual benefits should your friend subscribe fully, so why not give them a taste?
We've talked a lot about Menaphos already, but we've barely scratched the sarcophagus.
The Golden City is here, and it's yours. Go and claim it.
Need membership? Don't forget that there's no better way to subscribe right now than the Summer Special.
The RuneScape Team
In Other News
See the patch notes for further details of today's updates.
WIN: A Razer Gaming laptop!
Enter our Summer Sweepstake to kick off your summer with a new laptop!
Live Streams this Week
Each week we stream Q&As, in-game events and more. Watch our streams and find a full streaming schedule over on our Twitch channel.
Check our YouTube channel, too, for all of our previous streams, including all the Road to Menaphos live streams.
Tuesday June 6th | 16:00 Game Time | Menaphos ? post-launch Q&A
Menaphos is live, and we can't wait for you to enjoy it. We'll be taking all your post-launch questions on Twitter, our forums and Reddit to ask to the Titans. Don't miss it!
Thursday, 8th June | Mystery Facebook Stream | Kicking off around 09:00 Game Time
We have a Menaphos-themed surprise for you this week! Tune in from 09:00 (don't worry if it's early, we'll be live for a while) on our Facebook page to find out more! You don't want to miss it.
Friday June 9th | 20:00 Game Time | Patch Notes preview with Mod Shauny
Mod Shauny will be previewing some of Monday's content for you. It's your one-stop-shop to get all the Patch Notes first!
Sunday June 11th | 18:00 Game Time | PvM with Mod Lee!
Get your weekly dose of PvM goodness with Mod Lee.
Menapos is geopend en wij kunnen de prachtige straten bekijken, quests doen, gecorrumpeerde monsters aanvallen, bewegende tombes legen en dat is nog maar het topje van de piramide.
Om binnen te komen, moet je eerst de quest Jack of Spades doen. Deze kun je beginnen door met de emir in het paleis van Al Kharid te spreken. Je hebt de quests Stolen Hearts en Diamond in the Rough nodig.
Voor de Sophanem Slayer Dungeon heb je 88 Slayer en Icthlarin's Little Helper nodig. De minigame Shifting Tombs vereist 50 Agility, Construction, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Prayer, Runecrafting en Thieving.
Voor de quests Crocodile Tears, Our Man in the North en 'Phite Club heb je Dealing with Scabaras, Missing My Mummy, Do No Evil en Spirits of the Elid nodig, naast 72 Fishing en 73 Hunter.
De komende acht weken krijg je 5% bonus-xp op alles wat je in Menaphos doet, ook voor activiteiten bij de bank. Daarnaast is het komend weekend open weekend, waarin gratis spelers ervoor kunnen kiezen drie dagen member te zijn.
Patch notesQuest, Challenge and Achievements
- Achievements which are still part of the 'old' task diary system, will now have their difficulty listed at the beginning of their title.
- Diango now keeps the Alchemist's Amulet if it's destroyed by the Player.
- Fixed an issue that was causing active lootshare to block Acheron mammoth's from performing special attacks.
- Players that had missed out on the obtaining the 'Fairest of Them All' title due to the Chinchompa Hunt requirement, will now have their title unlocked upon login, provided all other requirements have been met.
- The Kharidian desert has been graphically updated.
- Granite and sandstone are now left-click drop.
- Combat encounters during 'Stolen Hearts' and 'Diamond in the Rough' quests no longer give combat XP.
- Sumona has a high chance of assigning the new Slayer monsters as a task.
- The elite dark beast has a cooldown between when it can do its special attack.
- Camels, crocodiles, giant lizards, vultures, jackals, locusts and scarabs have been graphically updated.
- Bonfire icons have been added to the world map
- The damage cap on Tuska's Wrath has been increased to 15,000
- Crystallise timer bar now displays the correct time remaining if the resource is consumed by another player
- Divination wisps spawn closer to the Sophanem crater
- Fix for volumetric overrides.
- Fix for quick chat.
- A new graphical feature: Volumetric lighting have been added to the game. Make your way to Menaphos to check them out!
- A new graphical feature: Caustic water effects have been added to the game. Turn water details to ?Ultra? to enable.
- Added water light extinction effect.
- Fixed terrain sometimes appearing solid black on old AMD GPUs and/or old AMD drivers.
- Fixed flickering artefacts with textures disabled on certain GPUs (mainly Intel).
- Animations with random start points have been fixed so the animation does not end prematurely.
- Refactored a subsystem to save some memory.
- Added invalidation to OpenGL resources which may improve multi-GPU performance.