Vic's the Trader's back in Burthorpe, and is here to exchange your spare Bonus XP for credits, which can be exchanged for much sought-after rewards: skill outfits, slayer masks and more.
There are some new additions this time around:
- Dungeoneering outfit pieces
- Slayer masks from the third and fourth batches
- Four more skilling outfits: Lumberjack, Constructor, Golden Mining, Master Runecrafter
Vic's trading Bonus XP for credits until 23:59 UTC on the 19th of June, and hanging around for another week after that so you can trade in any leftover credits.
The RuneScape Team
This week we?re focusing on fixes and tweaks following on from the Menaphos release, with improvements aplenty to Slayer and the city itself.
The Ninjas have been hard at work too, bringing you some nifty Luck-related updates.
See the full patch notes for full details of today's updates.
Live Streams this Week
Each week we stream Q&As, in-game events and more. Watch our streams and find a full streaming schedule over on our Twitch channel.
Check our YouTube channel, too, for all of our previous streams, including all the Road to Menaphos live streams.
Golden Path AMAA ? Tuesday 13th June, 16:00-17:00 UTC
Our mystery ARG competition is over (you can still grab yourself a magic carpet pet, though!) Find out how we made it, and the secrets you may have missed on Reddit this Tuesday from 16:00 UTC. Ask your questions from 13:00 UTC!
- Fishing icons at the pond next to Lumbridge Crater have been removed.
- The model for the pharaoh mask cosmetic helmet has been fixed.
- The Contact! map marker has been moved.
- A tile that was missing blocking in the Sophanem Slayer dungeon has been fixed.
- Missing blocking has been added to the pillars and gates southeast of the Menaphos lodestone.
- A buff icon has been added, which displays when you are receiving the 5% XP boost in the city of Menaphos and the Sophanem Slayer Dungeon.
- Your favourited faction in Menaphos is now reflected in the small overlay interface.
- The Map icon for Contact! quest has been fixed.
- Water icon visible again on minimap for Imperial District.
- Mutator icons and their slots have been center-aligned.
- A typo in Raids reward shop has been fixed.
- The Player-Owned Ports ship name creator had 'Hunter' listed twice in the People/Professions category. One of them has been changed to 'Hunger' and moved to Properties/Attributes category. There's a possibility that some players that had the name 'Hunter' as the second name on the ship will now have the ship named 'Hunger'. You will need to manually change the name to 'Hunter'.
- The Runecrafting Skills tab now correctly sorts A-Z.
- Icefiends on Ice Mountain now drop souls that can be collected by Ushabti Jars.
- Players can no longer get stuck when adding creatures to their Slayer dungeon.
- You can now add both the ring of slaying or ferocious ring to the corrupted slayer helmet.
- The Quick Chat option for the total experience between Slayer levels now accounts for levels above 99.
- Raptor lamps now cap at level 99 Slayer values, instead of awarding level 1 experience if you were level 100 or higher.
- The Slayer Codex no longer crashes when viewing certain monster entries.
- An issue that caused players to gain loot in the Sophanem Slayer Dungeon while Scrimshaw of Corruption or Sacrifice was active has now been fixed.
- Slayer level 120 now correctly counts as a 99 towards re-tuning a second skilling portal in the Max Guild garden.
- Players are more likely receive Keys to the Crossing both on and off slayer task.
- A buff icon has now been added to the Shifting Tombs that tracks the following:
- Stacks of charge to use.
- Timer until you lose your charges.
- The soul runes entry has been removed from the Invention skill guide and added to Runecrafting skill guide.
- Several boxes needed for 'Sophind yourself some treasure by searching these boxes' clue scroll have been returned to Sophanem.
- Tweaks have been made to ensure that concentrated sandstone in Menaphos always has at least one deposit open.
- Some of the Cabbage Facepunch Quartermaster's dialogue has been tweaked to reflect that fact that he's moved to the Gamer's Grotto.
- The quest requirement for attuned crystal weaponry has been corrected in the skillguide.
- The defense skillcape should now reliably add a Sign of Life cooldown to your debuff bar.
- Attempting to catch charming moths without meeting requirements will now give the correct message.
- A typo in Mornid's dialogue during The Lord of Vampyrium has been fixed.
- Mourning's End Part 1 should display the correct adventure log following the conversation with Arianwyn.
- A typo previously seen when talking to Mazchna via NPC Contact in the While Guthix Sleeps quest has been fixed.
- Raids' feats window has been removed as the feats now appear on Achievement tab under PvM.
- Achievement - Barbarian Scavenger (Trimmed Comp) will now correctly complete only upon finding the last entry.
- Achievements which are still part of the 'old' Task system, will now have their difficulty listed at the beginning of their title.
- Certain NPCs and Locs will no longer disappear after completion of the 'Our Man in the North' quest.
- A Quest Journal typo for The Jack of Spades quest has been fixed.
- Danzelop now gives directions to the correct location when on a city quest.
- The achievement 'Work on your Artisan' (Trimmed Completionist Cape) was incorrectly completing if you had any one of the rewards unlocked (rather than all of them). This has only been an issue since the launch of the achievements system, so anyone who had legitimately fully completed the Artisans' Workshop will remain able to wear their trimmed comp cape. However, if you've falsely been able to wear the cape because of this issue, you'll have to go back and complete all the rewards as originally intended.
- Reduced the amount of croc ices required on a Menaphos city quest.
- Urluk will now go back to the start of a list if players exhaust all of his advice options.
- The correct skills are now awarded experience in Tears of Guthix.
- Qat will no longer wander the streets of Menaphos.
- The reputation gained whilst on and off task in the Sophanem slayer dungeon has been increased.
- The reputation received when completing a city quest has been increased.
- Retroactively, for any city quests you have completed prior to this update you will be given the reputation reward for them when logging in.
- You are no longer able to drag any item from your backpack into your action bar while the action bar is locked.
- A debuff icon has been added to tell you when Crystal Shield comes off Cooldown (similar to Crackling).
- A 1 minute cooldown text line has been added to the Crystal Shield and Crackling perk descriptions.
- A tooltip has been to the Crystal Shield defense active buff icon which shows how many temporary life points you have.
- A typo in the examine text for Statius' platelegs has been fixed.
- A typo on barrelchest's disguise has been fixed.
- A small typo on Telos's pet has been fixed.
- A typo on Slayer Cape Perk text has been fixed.
- A typo on the graphics options setting for FXAA+MSAA has been fixed.
- A grammatical error when searching bird nests for seeds has been fixed.
- Missing death audio has now been added to the goblin flashmob NPC, Hollowtoof.
- Changed Eat to Drink on some teas when used from the bank.
- Report a Player now gives correct directions for silent abusers (bots etc.).
- Added blocking to a rock next to Kathy Corkat north of the Eagles Peak Lodestone.
- Repairing items on a repair stand with max coins will now correctly do so, instead of ignoring the attempt.
- Winners of the clan cup have had their logos added to the clan motif editor.
- Lava Lanterns are now treated as Prismatic rewards on TH, when freezing/unfreezing via the categories interface.
- Corrected the typo in the warning message you get if you still have any unused charity tokens.
- Angelic Inari no longer appears in the Pets tab for players that do not own it.
- Dragging and dropping sandstone from the inventory will now correctly drop the sandstone.
- Added missing blocking to plant pots in Menaphos.
- An issue with Luminous Wisps harvesting audio has been fixed.
- An issue with bartender chat looping incorrectly has been fixed.
- Players will now correctly be sent back to Menaphos when exiting the Ports portal, if they had previously entered from there.
- After using the Menaphos lodestone, the right-click previous destination now displays Menaphos.
- Players can now use the tackleboxes to store and teleport the raw beltfish, raw catfish and the raw desert sole.
- Joining a friend in Menaphos via the Friends List (if you're eligible) should now correctly teleport you to the Menaphos lodestone.
- The Scorpion pet will now spawn in accessible locations.
- The following has now been added to the buff/debuff bars:
- Stone of Jas duration & percent of additional damage gained.
- Fury Shark effect duration.
- Book of Char effect duration.
- Zaros Godsword Spec cooldown.
- When hit by certain abilities that disable your prayers/curses.
- You can now track your active Sign of the Porter charges on your buff bar.
- An issue regarding Ironmen converting untradeable bonds, causing loss of money (as they cannot trade tradeable Bonds), has been fixed.
- Dark Beasts max hit has been changed back to 600 from 1080.
- Higher-tier luck effects now work for all tiers below it. For example, Ring of Fortune can now work for areas where only the Ring of Wealth would work.
- An option to teleport to Keldagrim has been added to Luck of the Dwarves.
- Hazelmere's Signet Ring now has the option to teleport to Miscellania, Grand Exchange, Keldagrim or Tree Gnome Stronghold.
- A typo in the Nex: Angel of Death bleed effect message has been fixed.
- You will no longer get luck messages when you successfully roll a clue scroll drop when you already have one.
- Players will no longer have to pay a fee to reclaim their loot from the chest in the Sophanem Slayer Dungeon if they die outside of it.
- In solo Shifting Tombs, players will only receive a maximum of 3 sarcophagi to open, making the experience more solo-friendly.
- Players can now use the shortcut as expected in the Sophanem Slayer Dungeon.
- Players will no longer receive a message saying that they have no keys to fight the Magister with when going through the boss portal.
- Scarabs and Scarabites now count towards eachother's assignments.
- The Jack of Spades quest can no longer be discussed on a free-to-play world.
- The Crondis dowsing rod now works once more when locating the third source.
- Desert goats now increment correctly when killed on a random quest task.
- Dialogue has been added to Coenus to allow one-way passage to Sophanem (for players who have completed 'Contact!').
- Scan clue coordinates have been moved out of the water in the desert.
- You can once again claim Easy Desert Task Set rewards from Hassan.
- Speaking with random quest NPCs no longer causes a game crash.
- An issue where players progress towards the 'A Game of Tombs' achievement would reset when a player hit 255 tombs completed has been fixed.
- Exiled Kalphites now count towards your progress when you're assigned to kill Kalphites for a city quest.
- You will no longer receive city quests in Menaphos which require more than 100 seeds.
- Dealing with Scabaras can once again be completed.
- Relomia has returned to the Heart to continue Sliske's Endgame.
- The ability to wear a penguin suit has been returned to the desert, allowing 'Back to the Freezer' to be completed.
- Queuing threshold & ultimate abilities in certain situations no longer halts revolution until the queued ability is triggered.
- Players are now able to complete any remaining fayre fortunes that were previously incompletable due to the Fayre ending.
- Teleporting to the Imperial district via the Menaphos journal no longer causes a crash.
- Players can reclaim items on death from camel warriors.
- When a player completes the Golden Path, a World Broadcast will no longer be displayed. However, friends of the player will see a friends broadcast.
- The Choleric Imp has returned to the Fire Altar for those looking for a yellow bead.