Today sees a new event kick off within the Golden City: Aiding the Exile.
Speak to the shady lurker by the Menaphos front gates to get started collecting Menaphite coins, earned as you train combat or skills within Menaphos itself or the Sophanem Slayer Dungeon.
You?ll get +20% Menaphite coins from training Mining, Thieving, Fishing or Woodcutting. Please note, however, that you won?t be able to earn currency from Daily Challenges, as these can?t be handed in within the city.
Earn up to 1000 per day and unlock some sweet rewards, including magic carpet rest and teleport animations.
If you need to catch up, or just fancy speeding things up, you can increase your daily cap with Runecoins at the Rewards Store.
There?s more Menaphos in this week?s patch notes, some Nex-related updates, plus plenty of tweaks and fixes elsewhere in the game.
Read the patch notes for full details of today?s update.
We hope you?re having a tremendous time uncovering everything Menaphos has to offer. See you in game!
The RuneScape Team
In Other News
Vic the Trader is now continuing to do business until 23:59 UTC, 20th June.
Community & Competitions
WIN: A Razer Gaming laptop!
It?s the last week you can enter to win a Razer gaming laptop!
Golden Path Winners
Congratulations to our intrepid winners of the Golden Path challenge ? Fire Noob, Ranging Pro, and xoKatiLina ? they win their choice of an all-expenses-paid trip to RuneFest 2017 for two, or lifetime membership for them and a friend. Well done to all those who unearthed all the secrets of the Path.
We hope you enjoyed it! Check out last week?s Reddit AMAA to find out more about it.
Live Streams this Week
Each week we stream Q&As, in-game events and more. Watch our streams and find a full streaming schedule over on our Twitch channel.
Check our YouTube channel, too, for all of our previous streams, including all the Road to Menaphos live streams.
Friday June 23rd | 20:00 Game Time | Patch Notes preview with Mod Shauny
Mod Shauny will be previewing some of Monday?s content for you. It?s your one-stop shop to get the patch notes first.
Sunday June 25th | 18:00 Game Time | PvM with Mod Lee
Get your weekly dose of PvM goodness with Mod Lee ? don?t miss it!
- A shadow under the fairy ring in the Glacor cave has been fixed.
- The animation played when descending certain ladders inside pyramids has been fixed.
- The contact juggling resting animation can no longer be used to spin weapons.
- Placing a Divine location no longer blocks auto-deploying protean traps.
- Rubium mining messages have been added to the chat filter.
- Defeating your opponent in a duel will no longer leave them as a target that you're unable attack.
- An issue where Castle Wars barricades sometimes left their blocking behind when being destroyed has been fixed.
- Exiting a player-owned port will now consistently place the player at the point at which they entered.
- The Make-X interface no longer shows the wrong skill when making burial armour.
- Portable crafters will now default to the correct type of battlestaff being crafted.
- Remaining 'Cloud of Destiny' fortunes will now automatically complete upon login and players will receive the relevant prismatic star reward.
- The slayer creature kills table has been expanded to show all existing entries as the latest alphabetical entries were being cut off.
- It is no longer possible to teleport from the Rocking unicorns during Gower Quest.
- Cosmetic overrides for the shield (Aten) and axe (Uraeus) found after Diamond in the Rough now have ownership tracking which is set when first picking up, wearing or destroying the item.
- Menaphos district houses containing cats now unlock at tier 5 reputation.
- Players can no longer enter Menaphos district houses without the correct reputation tier.
- Menaphite gift offerings now have a right-click offer for reputation option.
- Speaking to Urluk about city quests will now display a hint arrow to the NPC if someone has a task to complete.
- The soul talisman can now be traded via the Grand Exchange.
- The reputation interface & corruption stacks are no longer lost when stepping on one rogue tile in the Sophanem slayer dungeon.
- Players are now correctly awarded the full amount of reputation when killing the last monster on their Slayer task in the Sophanem Slayer dungeon.
- Khopesh weapons can now be traded correctly.
- Shades will now spawn correctly in the Player-Owned Slayer Dungeon.
- The keris effect now works correctly on corrupted kalphites.
- Corrupted dust devils are now affected by the mask of dust.
- The mask of dust now provides a teleport to the Sophanem slayer dungeon with at least 97 Slayer.
- A duplicate reference to a Crocodile Tears quest reward in the quest complete scroll has been removed.
- Players can now get a replacement charged dowsing rod by taking a replacement rod to the Elid spirits during Crocodile Tears.
- Rhotep's city quest head icon has been placed back above his head.
- Implings and Guthixian butterflies will no longer fly into the pillars on the dock in the Ports district of Menaphos.
- Squeck can now be removed from a player-owned house menagerie.
- The Tale of Amascut, Crondis, Het, and Jack of Spades music tracks will now be unlocked after the respective quest has been completed, if you've already completed these quests you can unlock the tracks from listening to the Pub singer.
- A shadow on Commander Akhomet's chat head has been tweaked.
- Pets received in Menaphos will now function correctly on free-to-play worlds.
- The mirrors in Sophanem have been graphically updated.
- The swamp environment area in the desert has been updated.
- Blocking has been added to some desert locations near the Bandit Camp.
- The bankers in the underground Sophanem bank have had their models updated.
- The Nex banker no longer moves around, making her easier to find with lots of players in the area.
- Dominion mines are once again usable within the Nex: Angel of Death encounter, but will only work on blood reavers (as they are under the 138 combat level check). Pillars had a combat level of 0, so they will no longer damage pillars.
- Nex: Angel of Death no longer targets another player who isn't the tank when restarting her attacks.
- All players who participate and defeat Nex in the Angel of Death encounter will be able to obtain the lore book drops from the exit pillar. This is regardless of the amount of damage dealt for ease of access.
- Players who have been pinned under the icicle during the Nex: Angel of Death encounter will now longer get hit by the shadows during the final phase.
- The player who started the Nex: Angel of Death fight is now broadcasted to the entire arena.
- The Praesul Codex from Nex: Angel of Death now works with the shardshare system.
- Tunks has been out on a new adventure around Gielinor!
- Players can once again find the rainbow amulet and cape tokens on the Grand Exchange.
- An issue where the Flanking perk was sometimes dealing extra damage to large NPCs when facing them has been fixed.
- Trying to enter Daemonheim from the Wilderness no longer loops a chat message.
- Players will now walk towards Ugthanki camels instead of talking to them from a distance.
- Mr Ex has taken all Hardcore players' jars of divine light for safekeeping. He will continue to open the jar upon death as before. He will also allow you to open it by speaking to him.
- The following skyboxes now utilize volumetric lighting when activated via the 'Skybox/Filters' option:
- The Wilderness warning will display to the player until they choose to turn it off.
- 12/06, 13:40 UTC: The city quest fix to clamp objectives to 2-100x items was reapplied.
- 13/06, 15:30 UTC: An issue that was preventing players from acquiring their 'Phite Club quest reward was fixed.
- 13/06, 15:30 UTC: A way has been added for players who have missed out on their 'Phite Club quest reward to obtain it by speaking to the Menaphite royal guard in the throne room.
- 15/06, 07:40 UTC: The choleric imp's yellow bead has been added near the Fire Altar.
- 15/06, 14:00 UTC: Players will now consistently be given their final collection rewards. Any players missing these can claim them from Assistant Librarian Subotai.