- Til Death Do Us Part
- Parcels from the hedge
- Patch Notes
- Skills, D&Ds and Minigames
- Quests, Challenges & Achievements
- Ninja Fixes
As it turns out, over a third of the world's nations observe daylight saving time, and among them are many of the countries in which RuneScape is most popular. We therefore consider that a big green light to press on with a so, the clocks have gone back then! style intro.
So, the clocks have gone back then! You did remember, right? Surely you're not the guy or gal who comically turns up at the office an hour early, lingering awkwardly in the doorway waiting for the receptionist to turn up? For the rest of you, that extra hour in bed was good though, wasn't it? Or did you perhaps wisely choose to invest your bonus minutes in some cheeky XP levelling?
Pressing on, we're a bit patch-tastic this week, although we do bring good tidings of freebies.
Til Death do us Part
Following the arrival of Famine last week, we hope you're prepared for Pestilence! The bringer of plague has answered Death's call and is coming to Gielinor's aid. Events will come to a head before the week is out, too. The threat may be grave right now, but true darkness must descend before the dawn...
Parcels From the Hedge
Members may remember Postie Pete from earlier in the year. He's hard to miss, unless your local postie is also a skull wearing a cap and carrying a satchel in their mouth.
Pete's back this month to host another round of Parcels From the Hedge, although this time his free parcels contain even better rewards. They stack too! As well as daily parcels, players can claim more from skilling - so keep your eye out for the occasional special package containing some specific guaranteed loot.
Do spare a moment for a chinwag with Parcel Pete, too, who may have a few things of interest to say.
So don't forget to log in to claim your rewards from November 1st onwards. You don't need to log in every day, but Pete's fondness will certainly swell the more he sees you throughout the month...
RuneScape is what it is because of you, the players. We are always incredibly grateful when our community takes what they have discovered in the game and adds it to the ever expanding (and brand new!) wiki.
Here's what you can expect this week!
- Corrected inconsistent colouring on Achtryn's skin.
- The Zaros Godsword special attack animation will no longer disappear upon the death of a NPC that's been targetted by it.
- Tweaked diviner's outfit to make it less likely to clip with capes.
- Fallen Nihil leg-guards no longer applies incorrect skin tone.
- Players using the flaming skull item or overide now appear correctly in chat heads.
- Removed yellow trim from Lucky Ahrim's robe top right hand sleeve.
- Golden Armadyl legs have been correctly aligned on the female player model.
- Lucky Bandos godsword is now compatible with the flaming sword enchantment visual effect.
- Camo top no longer has noticeable gaps on the lower end of it's model.
- Corrected a colouring issue with the male chathead with lucky Guthan's helm.
- The oxidised plateskirt now uses the updated model for a plateskirt.
- The crystal chisel will now be held in the correct hand while cutting gems.
- All variants of Dharok's maul now have the retro held position, so that they rest on your shoulder.
- Fixed the flame effect of a torch on Entrana.
- Fixed the stretching when wearing Dulcin gauntlets and holding a lucky coin.
- An issue causing the Shadow Cat Legs to not register the player's skin colour in certain scenarios has now been resolved.
- Fixed some minor graphical issues with a bridge in the Fremennik Isles
Skills, D&D and Minigames
- Accounted for a specifc odd state in the Invention tutorial that could potentially cause a loop of impossible requests.
- Players can now purchase Compressed anima for 45000 Shattered anima each from the Shattered worlds reward shop. This can be used to recharge sigils (acting as the equivalent of 45000 shattered anima), and can also be traded to other players and on the Grand Exchange.
- Player Owned Farm contract buyers can no longer be dismissed.
- Corrected various typos from the Temple of Aminishi and related content.
- Making maki sushi rolls now fills your cooking urns.
- Adjusted trait reroller code so that one is only deleted if a reroll was successfully performed.
- Fixed a typo in a warning message you receive when trying to operate bathysphere in build mode.
- The tree/master farmer outfits now correctly reduce the number of monkey nuts required to pay for spirit tree protection when using the right-click Pay option.
- Made the error message consistent when you don't have a high enough magic level to cast superheat or High/Low alch spells (including using the Lumbridge Ring)
- You can no longer place living things in the the treasure chest reward from Carnillean Rising.
- POF animals added to the Party Room chest will be reclaimed direct to the player's inventory rather than spawn on the ground.
Quests, Challenges & Achievements
- Fixed a typo in the I'll Pulverise You! Elite Dungeons achievement
- Fixed a typo in one of the elite Varrock achievements Red, Red Pies of Summer
- Fixed a typo in Evil Dave's Big Day Out quest.
- Malignius Mortifer no longer has chat option about magic secateurs before you start the Fairy Tale quests.
- In the Around the World in Six Ways cheevo, Taverley is no longer misspelled as Taverly.
- Highlighting errors of completed objectives in the quest journal of Blood Runs Deep, Carnillean Rising, A Void Dance, Dishonour Among Thieves, Troll Stronghold, Firemaker's Curse, Birthright of the Dwarves, Prisoner of Glouphrie, Hero's Welcome, The Hunt for Red Raktuber, Children of Mah, Crocodile Tears, Royal Trouble, Regicide, TokTz-Ket-Dill, One Piercing Note, Bringing Home the Bacon, Missing Presumed Death and The World Wakes have been corrected.
- Fixed Wording issue in one of the CS week clue scrolls
- Fixed a typo on the examine of Priests in the Sophanem Church
- Corrected various typos from the Temple of Aminishi and related content.
- Tweaked death lotus meditation rest tooltip on the Oddment store.
- Icons in the currency pouch favourites will now line up correctly with the box they're in.
- The Fremennik shipmaster at Daemonheim no longer speaks talks about the Xmas15 content.
- Corrected a typo in a confirmation message received after purchasing Scurvy pet from Oddments store.
- Fixed a typo in the loot duels promo information.
- Erethdor's Grimore's tooltip will now correctly display the charge of the item.
- When visiting Ports your side panel will now display an ETA for when your ships will return.
- When kicking a guest from your Clan Chat it will now mention guest instead of just user.
- The message that appears when first attempting to skill in the Clan Citadel has been removed as it caused confusion.
- Fixed a typo in Redacted Dragonkin Research book.
- Fixed a typo on the premier club token when redeeming an Ornate Katana.
- Fixed some typos in the Stronghold of security book.
- Fixed a typo in a message when unlocking recolours for Death Lotus outfit.
- Added a full stop to the examine message for Thora the Barkeep.
- Mutated Fury 100% crit chance effect will no longer be consumed when invention perks proc.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Bladed Dive to be used by Free to Play players.
- The wilderness bandit camp leaders are now a bit more open to talk, if you can make yourself welcome there.
- The region surrounding the goebie supplier in the midpoint of the Liberation of Mazcab raid now counts as a bank area.
- It is now possible to empty rune pouches whilst the bank interface is open.
- Existing compacted jewellery can now be charged with noted fully charged jewellery.
- Digsite pendants can now be noted.
- Rune pouches can now be dyed red, blue, yellow, green, purple, orange, pink and black.
- An option to toggle Barbarian fishing on or off has been added to Otto Godblessed.
- Certain interfaces on mobile were not correctly restoring the game state when closed from full screen. This required an app restart to restore. The following interfaces have been fixed.
- Clan broadcasts.
- Clan settings.
- Statue bag.
- The aura management UI.
- Seedicide configuration.
- The select left-click option for familiars, this interface is accessed from the summoning globe.
- Herb burner configuration.
- Bonecrusher configuration.
- Quick prayer setup.
- Fixed an issue with the mobile NPC chat layout where certain chat lines were not being handled correctly.
- Fully disabled and cleaned up some more code related to swiping to swap action bars on mobile as we have a more robust switching system in place now.
- Increased the size of the font and some of the other elements in the minigames side interface for the Guthixian Cache D&D to improve usability on mobile.
- Increased the size of the elements in the minigames side interface for the Warriors Guild defence minigame to improve usability on mobile.
- Increased the font size for scan clues to improve readability on mobile.
- Increased the size of the elements in the minigames side interface and the minigames top interface for the Troll Invasion D&D to improve usability on mobile. The top interface has also had an overhaul on all clients.
- Increased the size of the elements in the minigames side interface for the Heist minigame to improve usability on mobile.
- Increased the size of the elements in the minigames side interface and the minigames top interface for the Fish Flingers D&D to improve usability on mobile.
- Reworked the God Statues D&D interfaces for mobile to improve visibility and usability.
RUNESCAPE OFFICIAL SOUNDTRACK
We've partnered up with video game soundtrack specialist Laced Records to release two albums - RuneScape: The Orchestral Collection and RuneScape: Original Soundtrack Classics. They are open for pre-orders on double deluxe vinyl and CD! Both of these albums are also available digitally, each physical version includes a digital copy.
Pre-order here (shipping this December).
If you've been watching our livestreams, you must know that it's a great opportunity to grab some awesome in-game prizes. We've got a big surprise heading next week. But while we finish to prepare it, this week is the last chance to get one random regular Elite skilling outfit piece - taken from the ones currently available in game (except the Farming outfit). Here's the detail:
- Mining: Sapphire/Emerald/Ruby
- Runecrafting: Law/Blood/Death
- Fishing: Shark/Tiger/Burnt
- Thieving: Keldagrim/Prifddinas/Desert
- Divination: Energy/Chronicle/Memory
- Dungeoneering: Frozen/Furnished/Abandoned/Occult
- Large/Medium/Small prismatic fallen star or prismatic lamp
- Spirit ruby/diamond
- Advanced pulse core (x2)
- Tight spring (x50)
- Silverhawk down (x25)
- Medium/Small DG token box
- Uncut dragonstone
- Large/Medium/Small cash bag
Exciting isn't it?! So don't wait up, connect your RS account to your Twitch account and find out more about it here. Once that's done, have fun and watch our streams during the day for a guaranteed drop.
LIVE STREAMS THIS WEEK
Each week, we host developers QAs, exclusive in-game first looks and more. And it's all live on our Twitch channel, join us!
Missed a stream? Don't worry, we keep them all on our YouTube channel. So be sure to Subscribe to it!
Sunday, November 4th - 18:00 UTC (Game Time) - PvM with Mod Lee
Join our resident PvM expert Mod Lee with another mass this Sunday, live on Twitch!
LootScape will be enabled (see all details above).
PINK SKIRTS EVENTS
Of course, adventures continue in Gielinor! Our PMods organize a range of PvM Boss Masses, Events and Q&As each week. Check out all the community events organised by the Pink Skirts on their official schedule here
The RuneScape Team