Today marks the beginning of a dangerous new chapter in Gielinor's history, and it all kicks off with Song of Seren and new quest Desperate Times coming on Monday.
Seren is forming an army - and her song is an ideal opportunity for you to prepare for battle. Song of Seren is similar to Voice of Seren, except this time the effects are not limited to the great elf city of Prifddinas. Players will have the chance to earn 1.5x XP all weekend (Only active for the skills in focus) - it's a fantastic skilling boost ahead of the challenges that are to come.
From May 10th to May 13th, the Song of Seren will call out across the entire gameworld. Each Song will herald a focus on one of four sets of skills - Support, Combat, Gathering and Artisan. Once called, players will have two hours to make the most of the extra XP in the activated skills. Then, after two hours, Seren's Song changes and new skills come into play.
Check out the full skill schedule further down the post.
Here's what each set of perks will offer:
Support (includes Agility, Dungeoneering, Slayer and Thieving - plus Invention)
- No XP penalty for dying in Dungeoneering
- Increased loot and chance of getting totems whilst safecracking
- All Slayer tasks act as if you have VIP tickets
- +1 to all charm drops
- Decreased cost of instances
- 1 auto resurrection to full health per run in Elite Dungeons
- 10% chance not to deplete Uncharted Isles resources
- Training hotspots in Hall of Memories don't move as often
- 10% more beans from selling items in the Player Owned Farm
- Reduced chance of burning food*
- 2.5% chance to save a secondary when making potions*
- Increases node spawn and double rewards in the RuneSpan
Simply log on any time during the event and click on the Seren head to take part.
TIME TO SEREN
Running alongside Song of Seren will be a Treasure Hunter event that offers the chance to grab specific rewards applicable to whichever set of skills is active at the time. If you're familiar with Time to Train, you'll have a good idea of what to expect. Just jump into Treasure Hunter at any stage throughout Song of Seren and an overlay will show you which skills are active, and the items you'll have a chance of unlocking with your keys. Remember - the Song and selection of items will change every two hours, so check back often.
Song of Seren Time Table
The RuneScape Team