- Motherlode Maw Enhancers
- Action Bar Fixes
- Patch Notes
- RuneFest 2019
- The Land Out of Time
- Summer Special
- New Merch!
- Livestreams this week
- Pink Skirt Events
Motherlode Maw Enhancers
We're changing the way enhancers obtained from the Motherlode Maw work. To begin with, they will no longer be items - but don't worry! Your enhancers will still exist as passive effects which can be toggled on and off. To do so, simply speak to Wythien in the Meilyr area of Prifddinas, who can also tell you how much charge remains on your enhancers. Enhancers are toggled off by default.
Every time you would usually gain an enhancer, you will be gaining charges on your passive enhancers.
On login, your enhancers will be removed from your bank or inventory, leaving you with up to 16 extra bank slots. Enhancers from Slayer Bounty and Elite Dungeon reward shops have not been changed, and must still be held in the inventory to be used.
Action Bar Fixes
The changes this week centre around how certain items function when placed on the action bar. The crystal teleport seed, the enchanted lyre, and certain items of jewellery will now teleport the player when used from the action bar.
If you're crafty enough to own a scrimshaw (or two, or three) they can now be activated and deactivated using the action bar.
Finally, when placing objects onto the action bar, their icons will now refresh correctly.
If you'd like to delve deeper into the cave of wonders that is this week's update, you need look no further than the patch notes. Enjoy!
RuneFest 2019 is now set for October 4th & 5th, and tickets are on sale! Grab your tickets and guarantee your entry to the world's best RuneScape celebration. Get your tickets now!
This year, everyone gets everything with one ticket, with The Golden Gnome Awards and RuneFest both included. For tips and suggestions on everything from travel to accommodation, you can also join our dedicated Discord channel, head to the official RuneFest forum or the community-owned Facebook Group.
We will be revealing this year's theme and details as we get closer to RuneFest 2019. So keep an eye on our website and socials!
The Land Out of Time
The Land Out of Time has lots of new adventures to offer and mysteries to unearth. Last week, we revealed Big Game Hunting - a new innovative method to train your Hunter skill (9 new Creatures, resource-based traps, stealth hunt mechanic, new armour/weapon rewards, and more). And this week, it's all about making Slayer even more exciting and taking on an island-wide Agility Course. Alright, let's stretch, pack our bags and head for Anachronia! What's the weather like anyway? We will be giving you all of these details in our video tomorrow - but if you just can't wait for it, subscribe to our newsletter and you'll get the info a day early!
Still craving for more exclusive info? Head to our "World Out of Time" website! You'll find exclusive info about the new story line launched with Desperate Times - that extends to the Land Out of Time - as well as never-seen-before concept art, and even more surprises to be revealed as we get closer to the launch of our Summer update!
Summer Special is back! Get ready to hop in Gielinor and enjoy the longer Summer days thanks to the return of our Summer Special 3-for-2 Months Membership offer. As well as getting 3 months' membership for the price of 2, you also receive the amazing Dragonkin Imperial Set!
You want more free stuff? Sure thing, we've got two words for you: "Summer Sweepstakes". Yes, we can sense the excitement in all those of you who know what we're talking about. But for the two in the back that are never following anything:
WIN a Chillblast Desktop PC + GT Omega Racing chair + 1 Month RuneScape Membership
What are you waiting for? Click the link above and hop in!
There's new merch on the official RuneScape Store, hurry if you don't want to miss out!
Thanks to all your positive feedback on the Map of Gielinor, we've decided to bring this art as a high-quality Deskmat and Mousemat. And that's not all, AngelsScapes fans will be happy to know that new lines have made their way in the store (Ancient Staff, etc).
Our live streams are always a great opportunity to grab some awesome in-game prizes. And we've done one particularly hefty update of the LootScape for you! We've added a bonanza package for your Player-Owned Farm, courtesy of Granny Potterington. In addition, we thought it would be time to bring back some player-favourite goodies: the skilling outfit piece, the Loots Cape and Nature's Balance (main-hand sword override).
This month, each and every RuneScape stream watched will give you a random drop from one of the following:
- Between 10-100 Player-Owned Farm Beans
- A name re-roller or trait re-roller
- A random animal for their farm
- Guaranteed drop from Basic Drop Table (see below)
- View counter goes up on Orb
- A random skilling outfit piece (if unowned)
- Either Nature's Balance or Loots Cape (if unowned)
Exciting isn't it?! So don't wait up - connect your RS account to your Twitch account and find out more here. Once that's done, have fun and watch our streams during the day for a guaranteed drop.
Live streams this week
Each week, we host developer Q&As, exclusive in-game first looks and more. And it's all live on our Twitch channel, join us! Missed a stream? Don't worry, we keep them all on our YouTube channel. Be sure to Subscribe to be the first to know.
Tuesday, June 18th - 16:00 UTC (Game Time) - Land Out of Time Special
Land ahead! *raise spyglass* Yes, yes, we can finally see it on the horizon, Anachronia - The Land Out of Time! It's getting closer and closer by the day, and we've got so much to show you. Last week we've unveiled Big Game Hunter - a new innovative method to train your Hunter skill. Well this time, the tides are bringing in a whole new lot of content focused on Slayer & Agility!
In addition, we'll take some time to cover the other exciting things happening in Gielinor these days: the Weapon Diversity, the latest news shared on RS Mobile, and the additions from this week's Game Update. So set your reminders and tune in!
LootScape will be enabled (see all details above).
Saturday, June 22nd - 17:00 UTC (Game Time) - iTrolledU Featured Stream
This week, our featured streamer is iTrolledU. Join him for a special HCIM session in Gielinor, grinding his way to the top of the scoreboards!
And since we love to support our amazing Content Creators, this featured stream is also an opportunity to grab a LootScape! That's right, you can now receive in-game loot when you watch a RuneScape streamer. It works exactly the same way as our official streams, just watch iTrolledU's stream (his Twitch channel) and you'll receive the LootScape the following day!
LootScape will be enabled (see all details above).
Sunday, June 23rd - 18:00 UTC (Game Time) - PvM with Mod Lee
Our resident PvM expert Mod Lee knows no fear and he's ready to take you all on another round of boss mass. From Vorago to the Kalphite King, the Corporeal Beast, the Angel of Death, if you've got a set to complete, an achievement to unlock, or simply want to hang out with friends and slay some, this is the place and time!
LootScape will be enabled (see all details above).
Pink skirts Events
Of course, adventures continue in Gielinor even when we're too busy (PKing) creating the adventures of tomorrow. Our PMods are here to welcome you in a range of PvM Boss Masses, Events and Q&As each week. Check out all the community events organised by the Pink Skirts on their official schedule here.
The RuneScape Team
As a note anything with this next to it = Ninja Fix!
- Fixed an issue that would cause Summer special purchasers to have the Dragonkin Imperial armour to be removed upon logging in
- The hide cogs from augmented armour setting no longer also hides the spikes on spiked augmented masterwork armour.
- Rerolling Mazcab raid loot will now show the correct reward
- A Flanking icon has now been added to the monster bar, it will appear if you're in the right spot to use the Flanking perk and have a weapon equipped with the Flanking perk on.
- You will no longer be skulled if you attempt to cast telegrab on another player within the wilderness.
- It is no longer possible to build Player Owned House rooms outside of the maximum range of the house.
- A crash no longer occurs when completing a large number of farming urns at once on Manor farm.
- You can now fish at Mort Myre Swamp without bait if you have the baitless fishing perk active.
- It is now possible to add barbarian fish to player owned farm troughs.
- Signs of porter and Grace of the Elves will now successfully send farming produce to bank when your inventory is full.
- It is now no longer possible to buy more "Large animal pen kits" if you do not have a place to use them.
- When placing objects onto the action bar, the icons will now refresh correctly.
- Action bar slots that were previously occupied by an ability and then an object, will no longer flash when the object is removed.
- Adding pets to your menagerie in your player owned house will now correctly remove them when toggled.
- Various items placed on the action bar, including scrimshaws and jewelry (including passage of the abyss), now correctly provide their primary function when activating the keybind.
- A keybinded follower action, now calls the function of your selected leftclick option. As ever, this can be customised for familiars, pets and legendary pets separately and the keybound action will update to match. With no follower it defaults to "Summon Pet"
- Fixed issue in which some player-owned house rooms could be duplicated.
- Further improved child windows saved locations to prevent unwanted snapping in some rare cases during saves and loads.
- The inspect option on herb patches now tells you what type of seed was planted there.
- POH storage units in the costume room now display a gold border on sets that you are holding the required items to deposit into.
- Added Menaphos and Sophanem underground onto the world map
- Converted maw enhancers from objects into variables. You can check remaining charge and toggle the enhancers on and off via Wythien in the Meilyr district of Prifddinas. Revenant damage enhancers have not been converted and must still be held in the inventory.
- Barbarian Assault abilities such as 'Shout - Crackers' are no longer affected by the global cooldown.