Nieuwsberichten van de website

Hier kun je praten over zaken uit de OldSchool-servers van RuneScape die niet in de andere forumdelen passen.
Bot
Forumbot

Summer Special - 2019

Bericht door Bot »

Summer Special - 2019

Originele tekst

Afbeelding
It's that time of the year again! It's Summer and it's sunny somewhere (but not in rainy Cambridge, home of Jagex HQ)! If you want to experience the best content that Old School RuneScape has to offer then membership is essential - and there's currently no better deal than the Summer Special.

You'll get 3 months of membership for the price of 2, and with Song of the Elves - the thrilling conclusion to the Elf quest series - arriving in late July there's no better time to subscribe!

Old School RuneScape membership is the only way to explore the crystalline city of the elves, Prifddinas! Members have an exciting year of surprises and excitement ahead in addition to Old School RuneScape's hearty world, so grab a Summer Special package now!
Afbeelding
Mods Acorn, Archie, Ash, Bruno, Curse, Ed, Gambit, Gee, Ghost, Husky, John C, Kieren, Lenny, Lottie, Maz, Nasty, Roq, Ry, Sween, Tide, Weath, West & WolfThe Old School Team
Bot
Forumbot

PvP Improvements and W45 Changes

Bericht door Bot »

PvP Improvements and W45 Changes

Originele tekst

This week sees the release of some changes to PvP and new player updates for W45 DMM.
AfbeeldingPvP Improvements
Following The State of PvP Blog, we've implemented some improvements to PvP:Allow Looting Bag in PvP Worlds

The looting bag will now be useable on PvP worlds in certain areas. Please note that for UIM it still works only in the Wilderness. You can find areas the looting bag will work in below.
  • Varrock
Afbeelding
Lumbridge
Afbeelding
Camelot & Seers Village
Afbeelding
Edgeville
Afbeelding
Rimmington
Afbeelding
Castle Wars Entrance
Afbeelding
Duel Arena Entrance
Afbeelding
Tele Block Timer Chatbox Message
Afbeelding
There are now additional messages displayed when tele blocked to notify you when 30 seconds remain and when the tele block has expired.Tradeable Tier 10 Emblems
Afbeelding
Tier 10 emblems can now be traded with players and on the Grand Exchange. To combat emblem farming, the BH world is now limited to players with 300+ total level and 25+ hours of game time.HP Orb Changes
Afbeelding
The HP orb will now have a coloured background which changes colour if the player is poisoned, envenomed, diseased or a combination of the two. This is to help players that are on low Hitpoints be able to tell if they are under one of those effects.
Afbeelding
W45 DMM New Player Changes
The following new player changes were suggestions from the W45 DMM community to encourage new players to try out the Permanent Deadman world.

Protection Timer
Afbeelding
New players will be given a 12-hour protection timer instead of 6. This is to allow them to catch up to the permanent active accounts. Quest Unlocks
Afbeelding
New players will unlock the following quests and their pre-requisites: Dragon Slayer, Animal Magnetism, and Monkey Madness. In order to reach the 32 QP requirement for Dragon Slayer the following quests have also been unlocked: Romeo & Juliet, Goblin Diplomacy, and Prince Ali Rescue.

Defender Rates
Afbeelding
The defender drop rate in W45 has been changed from 1/50 to 1/25. The dragon defender's rate has been changed from 1/100 to 1/50.
Afbeelding
Summer Special
Afbeelding
It's that time of the year again! If you want to experience everything Old School RuneScape has to offer then membership is essential - and there's currently no better deal than the Summer Special.

You can activate your Summer Special through the bonds menu in game or via the billing website. We regret that we'll be unable to offer this deal on some platforms due to the rules of the various app stores that offer the mobile version of the game.
AfbeeldingMerch Store Additions
New lines have just reached the merch store - grab yours now here! We're also restocked on popular items like the Vorkath deskmats. Speaking of deskmats... the first new line is a print of the Gielinor map on official desk mats and mousemats shown below. The mousemats are already available in the store and the deskmats are available for pre-order so make sure to reserve yours and avoid missing out!
AfbeeldingAfbeelding
We're also extending the AngelsScapes range of key rings and pins! The following have been added to the store:
  • A Limited Edition Nieve pin (only 250 made so don't miss out!)
  • Achievement Cape key rings in Fire, Quest and Achievement Diary variants
  • Ancient Staff pins with Blood and Ice Barrage variants
Afbeelding
Afbeelding
In Other News
The PvP World Rota is switching over to Period B. On the east of the Atlantic, host the Standard PvP world (W25, UK) and the F2P PvP world (W71, UK). On the west of the Atlantic, host the Bounty Hunter world (W19, USA) and the High Risk PvP world (W37, USA).
  • When there are enough players in the LMS lobby for a casual game to start, Lisa now waits 60 secs instead of 30 before the game begins, so that other casual players can more easily get into the lobby to join in. The game will still begin immediately if a full complement of 24 casual players assemble.
  • Players may now bank items with imp boxes in PvP areas provided they are not in combat.
  • Teleporting to a Bounty target who's half-way across an obstacle in the revenant cave will no longer leave you half-way across the obstacle.
  • Players can now sell the right amount of artifacts when trading in large quantities of noted artifacts.
  • Players will no longer be able to logout in the hydra room. They are still able to leave the room when there is no hydra inside via the doors.
  • Players who had a stack of 0 items in their bank called "Useless key" will now have it removed.
  • Beginner clues can now be dropped by scorpions and barbarians on F2P worlds rather than just members' worlds.
  • Some tiles have been tidied up at the last obstacle of the Ardougne rooftop agility course to stop players from walking on them
  • Eniola now lets players unlock their bank PIN before considering taking their runes, since it was a waste of runes if one failed to enter the PIN after paying him.
  • The chat message about the molanisk bell resounding loudly throughout the cavern has been added to the spam filter.
Stay tuned in the coming weeks for future PvP updates voted by you, the players, some of which include: Wilderness Keys, Zammy Wine Spawns, and Kill/Death Ratio on HUD for PvP Worlds.
Afbeelding
Discuss this update on our official forums, the community-led 2007Scape Reddit, or the community-led OSRS Discord in the #gameupdate channel. For reference on the above content, check out the official Wiki.

Mods Acorn, Archie, Ash, Bruno, Curse, Ed, Gambit, Gee, Ghost, Husky, John C, Kieren, Lenny, Lottie, Maz, Nasty, Roq, Ry, Sween, Tide, Weath, West & WolfThe Old School Team
Bot
Forumbot

Song of the Elves: Progress Blog

Bericht door Bot »

Song of the Elves: Progress Blog

Originele tekst

Song of the Elves: Progress Update
The Song of the Elves team have been hard at work developing the quest and its surrounding content. In this blog we'll give you the details of the progress we've made!
Afbeelding
At RuneFest 2018 we revealed the Song of the Elves quest as the second major release for Old School in 2019. This grandmaster quest will conclude Old School's elven questline and give players access to the city of Prifddinas for the first time! The city also comes with lots of new content including two brand new challenges. The first is the Gauntlet; a unique PvM challenge with powerful rewards in the form of crystal armour and a legendary sword. The other is the demon Zalcano who has been trapped by the elves for you to test your skills using Mining, Smithing, and Runecraft.
Afbeelding
AfbeeldingThe Development Team
Mods Ed and Lenny are the content developers behind Song of the Elves. Both of them have found some time to talk about the quest and Prifddinas:Mod Ed has three roles for the project. Firstly, he's the lead designer behind the quest as well as some of the city (Prifddinas) content. He is also the main content developer working on the quest while Mod Lenny works on the city. Lastly, he's the team leader of the team working on Song of the Elves. The team consists of two content developers, four artists, two audio designers and one QA analyst. Contributions are also being made from other members of the Old School team and Jagex as a whole.At this stage, the overall structure of the quest is in place and most of the combat and dialogue is complete. The remaining pieces are the puzzles and cutscenes as well as a final polish. Currently, Mod Ed is working on the main puzzle for the quest:
Afbeelding
A work in progress image of the new light puzzle
"Previous quests in the series are known for their challenging puzzles and this quest will be no exception. Without giving away any spoilers, this is one of the most challenging puzzles we've ever created in Old School." The puzzle is also complicated from a development point of view. There are hundreds of unique pieces of scenery required for it to work and ensuring they all function as expected is a big undertaking. Once the puzzle is complete, Mod Ed will move onto creating the cutscenes for the quest. After that, the quest will be mostly finished."Working on the story has been very enjoyable. This is the first time we've ever concluded a storyline in Old School which allows us to do some different things when it comes to storytelling."~ Mod Ed
Afbeelding
Scenes from the quest
We also asked Mod Lenny about his time spent on Song of the Elves.What's your role in the project and what responsibilities do you have?"I'm one of the two content developers working on Song of the Elves and Prifddinas. While Mod Ed has been working away on the quest itself, I've been working on just about everything else: the city and everything that goes in it, from The Gauntlet and Zalcano, to the little amenities around the city like various shops, and everything in between."
Afbeelding
The latest version of the Prifddinas map - including Gwenith and surrounding areas
How is progress coming along? "Both The Gauntlet and Zalcano, the two largest pieces of content in the city, are mostly finished. The only the exception are some final bits of feedback, from both internal and external playtesting, as well as little bits and pieces to just polish them off. The city itself already feels alive and as a city should in Old School. The majority of the rewards are also in place."What are you currently working on? "Right now I'm working through the things that were offered in the second Song of the Elves poll. I've just finished work on things like the Crystal Implings, Divine Potions, the Crystal Tree, and so on.""I'm constantly acting on feedback for work done earlier in the project as well. We have a constant cycle where we ask other members of the team to play around with every increment of the project and let us know what they think of it all."
Afbeelding
The concept for a house in Prifddinas
What will you be working on next? "Next I'll be looking to finish off the last of what was offered in our second poll, things like the Agility course, and once all else is said and done, hopefully taking the time to look back over everything that we've done throughout the whole project and give it a little polish."What challenges have you faced while working on Song of the Elves?"One of the biggest challenges has been ensuring that everything feels rewarding enough. No matter how much fun I might make The Gauntlet and Zalcano as two pieces of content, to appeal to a lot of players they need to be worthwhile. I think we're in a good place now with the rewards for both of these things. Zalcano especially was always going to be a difficult one, since we didn't want to offer great amounts of XP from it. We didn't want it to become a new way of training while also gaining other rewards.""There have also been a couple of technical challenges faced in various jobs. Some of these have been in large pieces of content like The Gauntlet as you might expect, and others in obscure places, that you wouldn't expect to be particularly complex."
Afbeelding
A crystalline Dark Beast from the Gauntlet
What's the most enjoyable thing in the project you've worked on to date? "That would have to be The Gauntlet. I started work on the system behind generating it way back in December, before the project really kicked off. I did this since we weren't sure whether what we wanted was technically possible within our engine. Though it was a long journey to get where it is now, developing a system to randomly generate a dungeon like The Gauntlet was an exciting challenge to take on, and it was amazing to see it all coming together as time went by. Hearing just how much everybody enjoyed it when players come in for playtesting made it feel so worthwhile."~ Mod Lenny
Afbeelding
The Gauntlet environment
AfbeeldingThe Artists
Mods Ghost, West, Gee and Ry have all worked on the graphics for Song of the Elves. Mod Ghost's focus for Song of the Elves has been creating the models and animations for the content's bosses. He has also been modelling, building and animating the environments for the Gauntlet, Zalcano's prison as well as a very peculiar library.
Afbeelding
The Crystal Hunllef - the final challenge in the Gauntlet, created by Mod Ghost
Mod Gee took some time to talk in depth about her graphics work for Song of the Elves:What has been your focus as an artist on the Song of the Elves project?"My focus has been on creating awesome elves for the players to interact with both in and outside of Prifddinas." How is progress coming along?"Progress has been really good! Throughout the whole project, I've managed to keep a pretty steady pace, balancing speed and quality, including time for iterations and community feedback. So far, I've completed all eight of the elven clan Leaders, as well as all the key NPCs for the quest, and all the elven citizens."
Afbeelding
Lady Hefin, leader of the Hefin clan
How do you go about producing your work?"When I design a character I always start with research. This can be anything from investigating the character in the lore, checking out RS3 versions or just looking at their role in the world. Once I have an idea of what kind of character I'm making, I'll start mood boarding my inspirations, visual cues, reference and colour plan to make my life easier when I begin concepting. The concepting phase usually consists of quickly sketching a few ideas, fleshing out features and maybe applying colours. The most important part of concepting for me is the time I take to evaluate what's working and what isn't, choosing what looks good and combining ideas together to make the finished design I want to take into 3D. When I model in 3D I'll either work from scratch or (for a humanoid) work from a base mesh; and then it's just a matter of translating the 2D design into 3D, considering forms, applying colour and making sure all the labelling and joints work for the animations."What are you currently working on?"At the moment I'm re-working the crystal armour using community feedback to see what needs changing. I've gone all the way back to the concepting phase for this design as I think there are a few fundamental beats that are wrong which I can visualise fixing more quickly by drawing than modelling in 3D."
Afbeelding
Conceptual images of crystal armour shared for player feedback
What is the most enjoyable thing in the project you've worked on to date? "I absolutely loved designing the clan leaders, especially Lady Hefin and Lord Iorwerth. There are certain characters whose personality and backstory are so rich and strong that they seem to design themselves, and those two leaders definitely fall into that category. Lord Crwys is one of my favourite finished models, but designing him was a frustrating process with a lot of false starts and iterations. Not all design processes are smooth, but if you just keep hammering at it, you'll eventually get there."
Afbeelding
Lord Crwys
What challenges have you faced during the project?"The biggest challenge has been marrying the old and the new. Certain older elves had to be updated to fit with the newer elves coming in, and I had to adjust my usual process to accommodate a faithful representation of older characters. One of the strongest ways to link the old and new character art together is with the Old School animations, so making sure that everything designed can work perfectly with those retro movements is super important. It's certainly been a challenge and whilst I've definitely not nailed it every single time it's a learning curve and the communication with the community and players is invaluable."~ Mod Gee
Afbeelding
Lord Iorwerth, the main antagonist finished (left) and at the concept stage (right)
Mod West also describes his work on the project:"My involvement with Song of the Elves was more of a side role than previous large scale updates due commitments to other projects. The first thing I did, however, was right at the start - a greybox of the city. We already had a planned layout of the city which was designed last year in the run up for RuneFest, so I quickly assembled a rather basic temporary wall kit and spent a few days building the city. It was a rough layout that was likely to undergo a lot of changes once the final art assets had been created, but getting down a foundation as early as possible is important so that a developer has a place to work in."
Afbeelding
The map of Prifddinas coming to life
"My next job was to create a wall kit for the houses inside Prifddinas. We wanted to keep the style of Prif similar to RuneScape, but with an Old School vibe. We spoke with the concept artist who worked on Prifddinas for RuneScape, Mod Neil (@Zephusees). He showed us a bunch of different house designs and created some paint overs of the grey box so we could get a feel of what the houses would look like in-game.""I began work on the walls first, figuring out how to turn the houses into a wall kit. Old School, as you may have noticed, is built upon a grid. This means the walls need to be 1 tile wide and in various shapes and styles. I placed the walls on the outside of the tile so I could make them thicker and avoid clipping with any scenery put inside the houses. To create variety, I created two versions of the wall kit - a white stone variant and a dark wood variant."
Afbeelding
A house from Prifddinas
"Another way to add diversity is with the roofs. The paint overs we received from Mod Neil had a few variants, ones with a pitched roof and one with a bonnet roof. Initially I tried to make these in larger chunks to save time, but once placed in game it turned out large roofs had too many rendering issues so they were cut up to fit in a single tile."
Afbeelding
"One of my final tasks for the project was to create an area north of Prifddinas that houses a quaint little town called Gwenith. It seemed odd that Tirannwn had only two elven settlements (Prif and Lletya) so we wanted to add another one here. It came together quickly with very few new assets needed. I adapted windmill assets from elsewhere in the game to match the colours of the elf wall kits and moved onto mapping. The new mountain located in the north-west of Tirannwn was never intended on being explorable, but I got a little carried away... Once you've unlocked the city, be sure to explore it! The top is quite spooky and has a great view of the surrounding area."~ Mod West
Afbeelding
Gwenith, a small elven village north of Prifddinas
Mod Ry also gave some insight into his own contributions to Prifddinas."My role for Song of the Elves has mainly revolved around the city of Prifddinas. With environments being my core focus on the OldSchool art team, the great crystal city was something I was cautious about when first coming onto the project back in January. Thanks to Mod West, I already had a basic blockout to work with which is the backbone of the city's infrastructure; that being building placement and size, path layout and amenity locations such as the market and sawmill."
Afbeelding
"The first aspect of Prifddinas I looked at was the outer wall. In Old School this is the iconic, jagged white crystal that's well known for hiding the vast emptiness that currently sits within its boundary. The decision to change this wasn't taken lightly but due to our vision of the city being centred around nature, it wouldn't fit in it's current state. Our concept artist, Mod Neil, designed a wall much more fitting with nature. The new wall prominently features wood encrusted with crystal to better convey the idea of it being sung from crystal seed."
Afbeelding
Combining the naturally occurring woodland and crystals of the elven area - the updated version of the walls surrounding Prifddinas
"You may notice some new trees that surround Prifddinas in the image below. The new tree models that came with the Farming Guild earlier on in the year had a really positive reaction so building on the philosophy of big, chunky silhouettes I created the crystal sprouting trees that are native to the city. These are one of my favourite new additions I've made to Old School (yes, I know it's just a tree), and I'd love to hear how you'd feel about having more trees of this style in the future!"~ Mod Ry
Afbeelding
AfbeeldingQA
Mod Curse has been the lead QA Analyst on Song of the Elves and Prifddinas and it's his job to ensure the content is enjoyable, bug free, and balanced. which means having eyes on every section of the project, whether its audio, art or content.As this is the largest project that OldSchool has released to date, he's taken a slightly different approach, and got a lot more of the team involved in playtesting the content after each section of development.The work has been strategically completed in sections every fortnight, and after each section, Mod Curse will host a playtest for the entire OldSchool team alongside people around the office that are passionate about the game that wouldn't usually get a chance to have any input on the content. This involves providing a lot of information so that people can easily hop in and test specific sections of content.This has assisted him a lot when getting reactions for how content plays out, as well as seeing how each person reacts to the balancing to see where any tweaks can be made. But has also proved just how valuable it is to get as much internal feedback as possible, as it gave a good understanding of what to expect from the player testing sessions.Alongside running the testing and balancing for the content, he has also had to maintain all relevant documents, test plans and test cases, as well as update information on any jobs so that other people are able to jump in and find any information as quickly and easily as possible.It's easily one of the biggest challenges and there's been so much going on, but it wouldn't be fun without a challenge ~ Mod Curse
AfbeeldingAudio
Mod Ian and Mod Surma are the audio designers behind the many new tracks that feature in the quest as well as in the city of Prifddinas. Our audio designers wrote lots of music for Song of the Elves and Prifddinas. The project was one of the biggest that's they've done so far. For the city itself, each clan has an individual track reflecting their styles. The Amlodd clan for instance are a mystical clan and Mods Ian and Surma have reflected that in their theme. Doing this ensures that travelling through the city won't feel repetitive and gives each clan its own identity. Mod Ian explains that he was in a particularly good mood approaching the project which allowed the music to flow. Once he'd created the first few tunes, that formed the backbone for the other pieces to come later. When asked, he clarified that each track is original and separate from the ones found in Prifddinas in RuneScape. Mod Ian tells us that his inspiration can come from anywhere including films and what he reads, as well the design of the content. Each of these feed into each other throughout the creative process and come out the other end in the form of a song. He points out that not all the songs in the quest and around Prifddinas are jolly tunes - there's a mixture of moods. He made sure to include moments that are dark as well as light and hopes that the players will enjoy them.
Afbeelding
Zalcano - created by Mod Ghost
Mod Surma goes on to say that the art of the content often inspires the music that accompanies it. In the case of Zalcano, he says, when he saw the environment and boss' graphical model, it was clear he'd be putting together music that needed to sound dark and sinister. Then of course, being a boss fight, the music has to sound epic. For a chance to hear Zalcano's theme early, make sure to watch the Song of the Elves stream from June 5th here! That all from the Song of the Elves team. Mod Curse, the lead QA analyst for this content was not available to give his thoughts but we want to thank him for his work. His role has been to make sure your experience playing Song of the Elves is as polished and enjoyable as possible.
AfbeeldingCompetitions
What would a major expansion be without some competitions to run alongside? For our last major release, the Kebos Lowlands, we ran two competitions to test your creativity and talent. For Song of the Elves, we're doubling up and running four!Login Screen Design Competition
Afbeelding
Fan artists! We want you to design a thematic login screen to be displayed at the release of Song of the Elves! Feel free to use any theme relating to the quest, the city of Prifddinas, or the extra content. The Old School login screen works by taking the image above and mirroring it. When you submit your entry, make sure it is half of a full image just like the one we have linked so that it can be mirrored to create a full login screen. This means any image you create will be symmetrical so bear this in mind when designing it. Here are some other things to be aware of:
  • The image you submit must be a JPEG
  • It must be 545x671 pixels in size
  • The flames and window boxes (where players enter their login details) will be placed on top of your image in the positions they currently exist - these cannot be moved
  • The image is automatically mirrored
Send your submissions to oldschoolcommunity@jagex.com and make sure to:
  • Have "Song of the Elves - Login Screen" in the subject of the email
  • Attach your image in .jpg format
  • Include your RuneScape display name in the body of the email.
The deadline for this competition is Sunday 7th July 2019. The winner will be selected by the Old School team and announced on stream as well as in the update post on the day of release. In addition to having your own login screen design in-game, here are the prizes up for grabs:
  • 1st place - 12 months membership + 200 Amazon Voucher
  • 2nd place - 6 months membership + 100 Amazon Voucher
  • 3rd place - 3 months membership + 50 Amazon Voucher
Afbeelding
Elven Questline: The Story So Far - Video Competition
Afbeelding
The iconic Plague City quest kicked off RuneScape's oldest questline. After an epic tale full of action, excitement, deceit and despair, the story is finally coming to its conclusion. For our video competition, we offer you the theme of The Elven Questline: The Story So Far. Your video could take the form of an overview of the events leading up to Song of the Elves or focus on one specific portion of it. Whichever direction you decide to take; gripping, comedic, or informative, make sure to have fun and create a video you think others will enjoy.Submissions must be sent to oldschoolcommunity@jagex.com and must:
  • Be no longer than 6 minutes
  • Have "Song of the Elves - Video Competition" as the email subject
  • Have a link to the video you submit on YouTube in the body of the email
  • Include your RuneScape display name in the body of the email
The deadline for this competition is Sunday 7th July 2019. The winner will be selected by the Old School team and announced on stream as well as in the update post on the day of release!
  • 1st place - 12 months membership + 200 Amazon Voucher
  • 2nd place - 6 months membership + 100 Amazon Voucher
  • 3rd place - 3 months membership + 50 Amazon Voucher
Afbeelding
The Gauntlet - Fastest Completion Competition
Afbeelding
Hopefully by now, you'll have heard of The Gauntlet - the PvM challenge due to release alongside Song of the Elves. Those of you who complete the quest will have access to the dungeon where you'll gather your supplies and equipment against the clock and use them to defeat a brand new boss: the Crystal Hunllef.Once Song of the Elves has launched, we'll be tracking your completion times for the Gauntlet. We'll be keeping a close eye to see who's the fastest and reward the top three players in the opening two weeks. If you find yourself in those top three, you can expect an inbox message offering you one of the following prizes:
  • 1st place - 12 months membership + a custom Old School GT Omega Racing Pro gaming chair
  • 2nd place - 6 months membership
  • 3rd place - 3 months membership
Afbeelding
Write Old School History! Lore Building Competition
Afbeelding
Ever wanted to have your stories become canon in Old School? Completion of Song of the Elves will grant players access to the fabled crystal city, capital to the elves: Prifddinas. To compliment the range of content that will be available in the elven capital, we want to include lots of lore.For our final competition, we challenge you to write your own piece of Old School history. If we like your contribution, it'll be immortalised as a book in the game. To enter, make sure to do the following:
  • Submit your entry to oldschoolcommunity@jagex.com
  • Have "Song of the Elves - Lore Competition" as the email subject
  • Include your RuneScape display name in the body of the email
  • Include a summary of the story at the top of the email
  • Have the story as the main body of the email
  • Make your story fit with established lore
Our favourite entries for this competition will receive crystal trophies featuring a design custom-made by the Old School graphics team. That wraps things up for our Song of the Elves progress blog! Thanks for reading - we look forward to seeing your competition entries and seeing you enjoy the content upon release!
Afbeelding
Bot
Forumbot

Wilderness Updates and DMM Summer Finals

Bericht door Bot »

Wilderness Updates and DMM Summer Finals

Originele tekst

This week sees the release of some Wilderness updates and information regarding the DMM Summer Finals.
AfbeeldingWilderness Updates
Following the PvP Poll, we've implemented some Wilderness updates:Wilderness Slayer Keys
Afbeelding
Slayer tasks from Krystilia will now have a chance at dropping Larran's Key. These keys can be taken to either one of Larran's chests, which can be found in the Wilderness. These chests contain drop tables with the same items as the Brimstone chest but do not include the unique items.
  • The lower tier chest can be found in level 18 Wilderness, just north east of the Chaos Temple. This chest has drops slightly worse off in numbers than the Brimstone chest due to the location and ease of access.
  • The higher tier chest can be found on the middle floor of the pirate's ship to the west of the Pirates hideout in level 55 Wilderness. These chests contain drops that are greater in number to the Brimstone chest due to the more dangerous location and lack of access
Like Brimstone keys, the chance of getting a key depends on the level of the monster that's dropping it, with the higher-level monsters being more likely to drop one. These stackable keys are untradeable, but can nevertheless be dropped to a PKer on death provided they're not among the protected items. If the PKer is an Ironman, they cannot receive someone else's key in this way, so the key is destroyed completely.Wine of Zamorak Spawn in Deep Wilderness
AfbeeldingAfbeelding
Players may now find a faster respawning Wine of Zamorak from the Deep Wilderness dungeon south of the Pirate's Hangout. If a player has completed the Wilderness Hard Diary, the Wine of Zamorak will be received in noted form. K/D Ratio for PvP Worlds
Afbeelding
K/D Ratios are now shown on HUD in PvP worlds provided they are toggled on in Edgeville via the notice board.
AfbeeldingDMM Summer Finals
Afbeelding
The Summer Finals see the top players from the Summer Season invited to compete for $32,000 in prize money. Invites to those players have now gone out so please check your RuneScape message centre.

Mark Your Calendars
  • The Summer Finals begin at 3pm BST on Saturday 22nd June and will conclude with the Permadeath stage which begins at 8pm BST on Saturday 29th June.
  • The Summer Finals will be held live at Jagex HQ on Saturday 29th June. This will not be a ticketed event and will not be open to the public.
  • As with the previous Spring Finals, the 1v1 section of the Finals will include the last 256 surviving players of the Permadeath stage, rather than 128.
Where to Watch The Finals
The Deadman Summer Finals brings with it hours of content to watch and enjoy. Get to the Twitch directory and you'll find lots of dedicated Old School streamers broadcasting the slaughter of their enemies. Watch the action of the Summer Finals Permadeath stage from the official OldSchoolRS Twitch channel.
Afbeelding
Summer Special
Afbeelding
It's that time of the year again! If you want to experience everything Old School RuneScape has to offer then membership is essential - and there's currently no better deal than the Summer Special.

You can activate your Summer Special through the bonds menu in game or via the billing website. We regret that we'll be unable to offer this deal on some platforms due to the rules of the various app stores that offer the mobile version of the game.
Afbeelding
In Other News
  • Compost potions now require level 22 Herblore to make, matching the level required to clean Harralander.
  • Players who've turned off the Attack options on NPCs will no longer see the Pick option on a Zygomite's mushroom.
  • All unsheared rams now drop the Rag & Bone Man quest bone, not just the ram with a black face.
  • The Tournament Practice worlds now offer black salamanders and their ammo.
  • Players can no longer spawn large quantities of monkeys unexpectedly.
  • Quest journals of some quests will now more accurately cross out requirements that you have met.
Stay tuned in the coming weeks for the Additional Clan Wars Options update. Here is a sneak preview of the new interface:
Afbeelding
Afbeelding
Discuss this update on our official forums, the community-led 2007Scape Reddit, or the community-led OSRS Discord in the #gameupdate channel. For reference on the above content, check out the official Wiki.

Bot
Forumbot

Player Support - Account Security Blog

Bericht door Bot »

Player Support - Account Security Blog

Originele tekst

Welcome to the second in a series of four blogs from the Jagex Support Team. In our first, we detailed plans to upgrade our systems. This blog is about Account Security and will examine:

What we're working on now:
  • Strengthening passwords
  • Breached password usage warnings
Coming soon
  • Email notifications and validations for account behaviour changes
  • Authenticator checks on the website
  • Investigating if we should implement an authenticator delay
And in the future:
  • Additional account security systems
  • Increasing account recovery security
Account security is a challenge for all businesses on the internet. The number of websites to which people submit personal data, and the frequency of efforts to access this data, means that breaches are happening ever more frequently.It's therefore no surprise that improving account security comes with some major challenges. But we are nonetheless committed to overcoming them, although we must also be realistic - these changes will take time.Here's a detailed look at the various challenges with account security and how we're going to solve them.
AfbeeldingBetter Passwords
Our first priority is to strengthen passwords, and work is already underway.We're updating our systems to allow more complex passwords to be set, and adding user guides that help users create them. We're also looking into how we can support password managers.Work with a third-party provider is underway to implement a system which searches the internet for breached password data. That way we can warn you if you're using a password that might not be safe, or even stop you from choosing an insecure password in the first place.We really need your help on this, as these new systems will only benefit you if you choose to use them. In general, when it comes to password security, the essential things to remember are:
  • Never use the same password for your RuneScape/Old School account as you do for your email
  • If you are in any way concerned about your account safety, then set a new password immediately
  • Use a different password for every service you use online
AfbeeldingEmail Notifications and Security
Once password security is improved, our focus will shift to email notification.One of the quickest ways you can confirm you're the owner of an account is by using the email address registered to it. This is a very common security method you have likely seen on other sites.We're going to start sending email notifications to your email address if we see strange changes in account behaviour, and in some circumstance we will require authorisation from that email address to login.However, the risk of using emails for security is that we don't know if your personal email address is secure. And if the login details for your email are the same as your RuneScape/Old School account, then you've made it twice as easy for someone to find all the details they need.Essentially, the more secure your email address is, the more secure your RuneScape account is. If your email provider has extra security features like 2-factor authentication, then please use them (here are the links for Google, Yahoo and Outlook).Ultimately, these problems mean that in the long-run we want to move away from email and toward improved 2-factor authentication.
Afbeelding2-Factor Authenticators
One of the most secure things you likely own is a smart phone. Some have biometrics built in, most have additional password security and importantly people are generally very protective of them.We therefore want to use the security of your phone more to keep your RuneScape/OldSchool account safe, and the way to do that is 2-factor authentication (2FA) apps.Do note that we already offer 2FA and it is currently used by about 50% of active players. If you haven't already done so, then please setup 2FA as soon as possible ! Our aim is for all of our players to use an authenticator and for it to apply to the game and website logins.One feature often requested by players is authenticator delays. There are several ways we could do this, such as delaying change requests or temporarily limiting trades. We haven't ruled anything out just yet, but are mindful that there is a big risk of players getting locked out of their accounts or enduring restrictions if their phones are lost in the interim.We must also support users who need to change authenticator because they've lost access to their phone. These change requests already happen more times a day than Player Support could handle if they had to check everyone individually.Our preferred option, therefore, is additional account security systems.
AfbeeldingAdditional Security and Account Takeovers
We're looking into additional security checks using the same type of technology used to tackle payment fraud. This system will allow us to react to new threats in real time, create different security models for different states of a RuneScape account (e.g. active player, dormant account, not email registered, authenticator supported etc...), and respond sufficiently fast to avoid the blocks that an authenticator delay could create.We believe this data driven account security method is our best chance to tackle account takeover. It can work for all accounts and for all players. However:
  • If for whatever reason you can't use 2FA, this will be your backup to protect your account. As a result, though, it will take a few seconds to run checks every time you login so users might encounter a slight delay.
  • This system will check millions of logins every day, and it would be wrong of us to assume it will get it right every time. Striking the right balance between brevity and security (in other words, letting the right users in and keeping the illegitimate users out, all without creating too much of a delay) will be a process, and we're unlikely to get it right straight away. We will be doing extensive testing before going live to perfect this, but please be patient with us. We are looking at how you'll be able to contact us and resolve the situation ASAP if you do get incorrectly blocked.
  • If all goes to plan then this should all just happen without you ever seeing it or having to worry about it - unless you're trying to steal someone's account, of course. For that reason we won't be regularly updating players on progress.
  • The build and setup is going to take some time. This is a key priority for Jagex so it will be ready as soon as possible - current estimates point to a rollout in the first half of 2020. Despite the challenges, we think the benefits are worth overcoming the issues.
AfbeeldingRecovery Abuse
One of the biggest challenges we face when reviewing account recovery attempts is identifying if the request has been submitted by the account owner.Our focus for the next year is on stopping the hijackers before they even get to an account, but regardless we need to improve how we process account recovery attempts. This may mean that appeal information requirements become stricter. It's going to take some time to find that right balance between safety and swiftly getting players back into the game. At the moment we don't feel we have it quite right, so work will continue on this.
AfbeeldingFrom The Team:
We understand how important account security is to you all, just as it is for us - we hear everything you're saying. And while we can't fix it overnight, we won't stop until things get better. We'll keep you posted on our progress but please keep talking to us, please keep sharing your concerns and please keep offering your suggestions. We're committed to doing everything we can.Thanks,The Player Support Team
Afbeelding
Continue the discussion on Reddit, our official forums, or the community-led OSRS Discord in the #old-school channel. We'll also discuss the blog on Wednesday's weekly OSRS Q&A which you can watch at 5pm BST on the Old School Twitch channel.Ahead of that you can also see the blog being discussed on the weekly RuneScape stream, featuring appearances from Player Support, the Tech Services team, and Mod Sween as an Old School representative. You can watch that at 5pm BST on the RuneScape Twitch channel.
Afbeelding

Bot
Forumbot

Changes to Teleblock and Extra Clan Wars Options

Bericht door Bot »

Changes to Teleblock and Extra Clan Wars Options

Originele tekst

This week brings the remaining polled changes that were discussed in the State of PvP blog in May.
AfbeeldingClan Wars: Extra Options
We have added multiple new options when setting up Clan Wars games:
Afbeelding
  • Leaving channel - This setting can be used to toggle whether players leaving the clan chat are counted as a death or not.
  • Re-joining - An option for rejoining a clan chat during the game which would include "Unrestricted" or "60 second limit".
  • Team Cap - An option to cap group fights to the following:
    • 5v5
    • 10v10
    • 15v15
    • 20v20
    • 30v30
    • Uncapped
AfbeeldingTeleblock Changes
Afbeelding
Killing the player or NPC that teleblocks you now removes the teleblock effect. A player who successfully removes their teleblock this way will not be immune to another.
AfbeeldingDMM Summer Finals
Afbeelding
The Summer Finals are now underway with the top players from the Summer Season currently competing for $32,000 in prize money. Mark Your Calendars
  • The Permadeath stage begins at 8pm BST on Saturday 29th June.
  • The finals will be held live at Jagex HQ on Saturday 29th June. This will not be a ticketed event and will not be open to the public.
  • As with the previous Spring Finals, the 1v1 section of the Finals will include the last 256 surviving players of the Permadeath stage, rather than 128.
Where to Watch the Finals
The Deadman Summer Finals brings with it hours of content to watch and enjoy. Get to the Twitch directory and you'll find lots of dedicated Old School streamers broadcasting the slaughter of their enemies. Watch the action of the Summer Finals Permadeath stage from the official OldSchoolRS Twitch channel.
AfbeeldingAccount Security
Afbeelding
The Player Support team recently posted an Account Security Blog (the second in a series of four blogs) to examine security measures they are working on now and plans for the future. If you haven't already, make sure to give it a read!
AfbeeldingRuneFest 2019
Afbeelding
RuneFest tickets are still on sale! To join other players and the J-Mods in celebrating RuneScape and Old School, head over to the official RuneFest page.This year's RuneFest is shaping up to be totally epic. We're bringing back Skill Chips and adding new activities, new entertainment, and all the biggest announcements from both the RuneScape and Old School teams. RuneFest is a celebration like no other. You can look forward to panel sessions with your favourite JMods and content creators, an awesome 200 PC LAN party, and goodie bags filled with RuneFest Loot.Food and drink will be available on-site throughout the event, and as the day comes to a close we'll also be hosting a massive after-party for all our guests.We're packing in plenty of surprises this year, and we can't wait to see you there!
AfbeeldingIn Other News
Afbeelding
The PvP World Rota is switching over to Period A. On the east of the Atlantic, host the Bounty Hunter world (W18, UK) and the High Risk PvP world (W43, Germany). On the west of the Atlantic, host the Standard PvP world (W24, USA) and the F2P PvP world (W117, USA).
  • Larran's keys will now always be lost on death. They are also destroyed slowly if dropped manually, similar to Deadman keys.
  • The antispam teleport system applied to teleports from the spellbooks in PvP worlds has now been extended to teleport tablets, the Amulet of glory, and the Games necklace. This will be monitored and added to more places should it be necessary. The message displayed has been modified to be more helpful and is no longer filtered.
  • The player Demilancer has been added to Watson's list of clue scroll contributors.
  • The in-game world map now shows the rivers Hos and Dougne.
  • The welcome screen will tell you the time since your last session more accurately, after you've logged in and out one more time.
  • Players trapped on F2P worlds near the top of the lava dungeon ladder in the Wilderness can now escape.
  • The penguin island that can be accessed through the fairy ring code AJS is now a multicombat area. This has been changed to counteract the Hosidius rework nerfing bird tasks assigned by Turael.
  • Jimmy Dazzler no longer deforms horribly while trying to wave his hands about.
Afbeelding

Bot
Forumbot

Partnerships and Old School

Bericht door Bot »

Partnerships and Old School

Originele tekst

Afbeelding
Partnerships
Old School RuneScape is resolutely a subscription-only game. This means we're committed to keeping you happy, to attracting new players and to doing everything we can to make new players enjoy themselves so much that they sign up for membership (we've previously discussed potential changes to the early game designed specifically to make the new player experience a bit friendlier).

We think it's worth taking a moment to explain how games in our position can go about attracting new players, alongside simply striving to make the game itself better and better. Typically, the options are to release on new platforms, to expand into new territories and languages, and to pursue partnerships with other communities and with brands. Examples of how we've done this include:
  • The release of Old School on mobile - this massively expanded our community, and we're committed to improving the mobile experience by making regular content changes, just like on desktop.
  • The translation of Old School into other languages (localisation) - this is something that we're actively assessing.
  • Partners - as our game grows, so does the list of companies that want to work with us.
On the latter point, our partnerships with the likes of Twitch have been really successful. They benefit both us and our partners, but also benefit you by meaningfully contributing to the health of the game which allows us to invest in the changes that you prioritise.

Therefore, partnerships are something we would like to do more of. Last year with Twitch Prime we offered a whole month of free membership, and the chance for players to change their skin colour to purple. The purple skin was later made available to every player, regardless of whether or not they had Twitch Prime or had claimed it during the promotion.

We, of course, recognise that some people wondered why we offered cosmetics at all. We did it because the more we offer, the greater the encouragement for Twitch and other partners to promote the game, and the more incentive there is for new players to try it. And sometimes that's what it's all about - the tiny little things that get a partner that bit more excited or get people to go that extra step and click play.

Importantly, we are going to give you the choice as to how we proceed. We'll be polling the content that we think fits, and you'll get to decide on what gets added. We don't want any of you worrying that free cosmetics are in any way a step toward introducing MTX (microtransactions) into Old School - the rest of this blog will outline our commitment to you, and will show you the questions you can expect to see in the poll.

To be completely clear about this - everyone at Jagex, including the CEO himself, is in agreement that we will not add any MTX to Old School RuneScape. We understand that doing so would completely contradict the spirit of what has made Old School a success.

We can promise you that:
  • Any additions offered through partnerships will not be exclusive, and will be available for all members at a later date.
  • Any additions that we offer will be made according to the art style of Old School and will truly fit the game's theme.
  • Any additions we offer will not impact your playing experience.
  • You will be polled on what additions are offered.
  • Any additions we offer will be purely cosmetic.
To give you a taste of what we're currently pondering, ideas include additional skin colours, new emotes, Player Owned House styles and alternative home teleport animations. You can see the full list of ideas we're polling below. Don't be alarmed by the length of the list - this doesn't mean we're suddenly going to flood the game with lots of things. We're simply hoping to build up a backlog of ideas that you are happy with and to ensure that you have complete visibility on anything we might add to the game. Both ourselves and our partners are really excited to see what ideas catch your imagination, and we're also really keen to hear about your original ideas that haven't occurred to us - so please do let us know!

We promise that you, our players, will all get to have your say. Later this week we'll open the poll booths with a number of these potential offerings, so you'll be able to tell us which ideas feel right for Old School and which do not.

Looking after you all is every bit as important as trying to attract new people into the Old School family. We owe every bit of our success to you, our players, and we can't wait to work with you on making Old School the very best it can be.

We want your feedback. We'll be talking more about the blog and the poll on Wednesday's Q&A (which you can watch at 5pm BST on the Old School Twitch channel). You can continue the discussion on Reddit, or the community-led OSRS Discord in the #old-school channel.
Afbeelding
Poll Questions
The following text and questions is representative of how the poll will appear once it's made live, pending your feedback.

Earlier this week we spoke about growing Old School RuneScape through working with key partners in the gaming world. In this poll you'll be able to vote on a number of cosmetic changes. In the dedicated blog we specified that all items will first be made available alongside a partnership, but will then be made available to all players once the partnership ends. Click here to read the blog.

Poll Question #1
Should we add a new player-owned-house house style decoration, themed on the Morytania region? Poll Question #2
Should we add a new player-owned-house house style decoration, themed on the cave goblin city of Dorgesh-Kaan? Poll Question #3
Should we add a new player-owned-house house style decoration, themed on the Arceuus house? Poll Question #4
Should we add a new player-owned-house house style decoration, themed on the area of Mount Karuulm? Poll Question #5
Should we add a new player-owned-house house style decoration, themed on the elven city of Prifddinas? Poll Question #6
Should we add a new player-owned-house house style decoration, themed on the elven city of Lletya? Poll Question #7
Should we add a new player-owned-house house style decoration, themed on the Wilderness? Poll Question #8
Should we add a Saradomin-themed Home Teleport animation that draws a holy symbol on the floor and has you open a holy book? Poll Question #9
Should we add a Guthix-themed Home Teleport animation that draws a guthixian symbol on the floor and has you open a book of balance? Poll Question #10
Should we add a Zamorak-themed Home Teleport animation that draws an unholy symbol on the floor and has you open an unholy book?Poll Question #11
Should we add a Zaros-themed Home Teleport animation that draws an ancient symbol on the floor and has you open a book of darkness? Poll Question #12
Should we add a Seren-themed Home Teleport animation that draws a serene symbol on the floor and has you open an elven book? Poll Question #13
Should we add an Armadyl-themed Home Teleport animation that draws an armadylean symbol on the floor and has you open a book of law?Poll Question #14
Should we add an Bandos-themed Home Teleport animation that draws a bandosian symbol on the floor and has you open a book of war? Poll Question #15
Should we add a Home Teleport animation which would form a ring around your head and see your character lifted up, similar to the 2008 rework of the Lunar teleport spell? Poll Question #16
Should we add the Trick emote, similar to the emote added to RuneScape with the 2008 Halloween event? Poll Question #17
Should we add the Explore emote, similar to the emote added to RuneScape in 2008? Poll Question #18
Should we add the Freeze emote, similar to the emote added to RuneScape with the 2008 Christmas event? Poll Question #19
Should we add the Dramatic Point emote, similar to the emote added to RuneScape with the 2009 Christmas event? Poll Question #20
Should we add the option for an orange skin colour, which would be accessible when visiting the Make-over mage? Poll Question #21
Should we add the option for a grey skin colour, which would be accessible when visiting the Make-over mage? Poll Question #22
Should we add the option for a red skin colour, which would be accessible when visiting the Make-over mage? Poll Question #23
Should we add the option for a yellow skin colour, which would be accessible when visiting the Make-over mage?
Afbeelding
Mods Acorn, Archie, Ash, Bruno, Curse, Ed, Gambit, Gee, Ghost, Husky, John C, Kieren, Lenny, Lottie, Maz, Nasty, Roq, Ry, Sween, Tide, Weath, West & Wolf

The Old School Team
Bot
Forumbot

Forthos Dungeon

Bericht door Bot »

Forthos Dungeon

Originele tekst

This week sees the release of the Forthos Dungeon!
AfbeeldingThe Forthos Dungeon
Our Forthos Dungeon poll blog in June enjoyed a 90% yes vote rate. You can discover what lies below the Forthos Ruins in this exciting new dungeon filled with spiders, dragons, and undead druids.
Afbeelding
Rooms
AfbeeldingAfbeeldingAfbeeldingAfbeelding
The dungeon located below the Forthos Ruin in Hosidius is ripe for exploration. Rooms you can find in there include The Grubby Chest, The Library, The Altar of the Sun, and the Sacrifical Chamber. How much of the new content and lore will you discover?

Miniquest
Afbeelding
A new miniquest called 'In Search of Knowledge' has been added. Once you heal Brother Aimeri, he will give you information about tattered tomes found in the dungeon library. Each of the tomes can be filled with four pages that are dropped by creatures within the dungeon. You complete the miniquest by turning in all three completed tomes into the Arceuus Library. As a reward, you will be given a 10k XP lamp. The library will also reward you with 1k for any spare pages you may find in the dungeon.

Sarachnis
Afbeelding
Sarachnis is a new mid-level boss aimed at players around 100 combat who want to try their hand at bossing. Defeating Sarachnis poses many challenges - she has a high resistance to ranged and magic attack and will leech some of your health for her own. If you are able to defeat her, you may be able to get your hands on some of her unique drops including the Giant Egg Sac and Sarachnis' Cudgel.
AfbeeldingWords from The Developer
Afbeelding
"The Forthos Dungeon has been my first project working in the Old School team. The dungeon originally started from a concept that Mod West pitched as part of the original Hosidius Rework. Upon reading the original design I loved the concept of the dungeon as it reminded me strongly of Taverly dungeon. One of the key things I wanted to replicate in this design is the idea that there are unique interactions that the player has to discover to gain access to different parts of the dungeon (i.e. the dusty key).The core concept of the dungeon is to be a self-contained area where the player can stay for long periods of time, sustaining themselves from the drops they receive. The story and lore of the dungeon describes it as being home to the opposing sides of an old and forgotten druidic religion. However, this is no longer the case. The dungeon has been over-run by undead creatures and is now home to Sarachnis, mother of the temple spiders. Story and lore is to me, as important as gameplay and mechanics. Every NPC the player meets has to have a history or reason to be there, as well as a motivation or goal. Otherwise, they shouldn't be there at all.When re-working Mod West's concept the first thing I did was decide which parts of the design I liked, what needed to be change and, more importantly, who is going to interact with the content. Originally there was just going to be a higher level spider in the Spider's Den but one issue I was aware of is the lack of bossing content available to mid-level players pre-Zulrah/Vorkath/Raids. As such, I decided to create a new boss which can help teach players the basics of bossing. Ultimately our game, comes down to two different PvM mechanics, changing gear/attack styles and/or changing prayers. This boss focuses on the prayer switching aspect without making it tedious to fight or overly punishing. Following community feedback, Sarachnis was also re-worked to not be an instanced boss so that players had the option to fight it with their friends.Working on this project has been fantastic and it let me improve as a content developer. Having to create NPC interactions and combat scripts, new items, scenery the player interacts with, balancing content, writing stories... there's just so much to learn. Many of these problems involved having to research how existing content in the game has been created, and using that as an example. Working on this project has provided me with a huge amount of personal satisfaction, seeing my ideas come to life has been a lot of fun.I look forward to the future projects I will be working on and hope everyone enjoys exploring and interacting with the content within the Forthos Dungeon. As always, feel free to send any constructive feedback to me via Reddit or Twitter!"

Mod Husky
AfbeeldingSplashing in Lumbridge
Afbeelding
We'd like to let you know about a change to 'Splashing' in Lumbridge arriving in next week's update.

For those who don't know, 'Splashing' is a highly AFK Magic training method. By attacking NPCs with certain low accuracy Magic equipment, it is possible to only ever deal 0 damage. This means the NPC never dies, the player gains the cast experience for the spell and can remain in combat with the NPC for hours.

For new players that come fresh out of Tutorial Island, it looks odd to see players dressed in full Melee equipment attacking with Magic against low level NPCs such as rats. Whilst being a controversial aspect of the game, it's not something we're looking to get rid of altogether at this stage. But we are going to make this impossible in Lumbridge, and the surrounding area, to ensure it's not something that new players see.

So as of July 11th, we're removing cast experience for spells if your magic accuracy is so low that you could only ever deal 0 damage, while in the area defined in the map above on both members and F2P worlds.
AfbeeldingRuneFest Tickets Now Available
Afbeelding
It's not too late to grab a ticket for RuneFest 2019! To join other players and the JMods in celebrating RuneScape and Old School, head over to the official RuneFest page.

This year's RuneFest is shaping up to be totally epic. We're bringing back Skill Chips and adding new activities, new entertainment, and all the biggest announcements from both the RuneScape and Old School teams. RuneFest is a celebration like no other. You can look forward to panel sessions with your favourite JMods and content creators, an awesome 200 PC LAN party, and goodie bags filled with RuneFest Loot.

Food and drink will be available on-site throughout the event, and as the day comes to a close we'll also be hosting a massive after-party for all our guests.

We're packing in plenty of surprises this year, and we can't wait to see you there!
AfbeeldingIn Other News
Happy Fourth of July to all of our American players!

Don't forget that the Song of the Elves competitions are live! Submit your lore books, videos and login screen designs for a chance to win some awesome prizes. All the details can be found at the bottom of the Song of the Elves progress blog.
  • The cow field south of Falador is now a multi-way combat zone as an aid to faster bovine slayage, since the Hosidius rework update made a cow field in Kourend less effective for that.
  • Examining an attas plant in an anima patch at any state states now states "an attas" instead of "a attas".
  • Red spider eggs have now been removed from the Nightmare Zone Shop.
  • The green pixel in the Construction skill icon has been found and put back where it belongs.
Afbeelding
Discuss this update on our official forums, the community-led 2007Scape Reddit, or the community-led OSRS Discord in the #gameupdate channel. For reference on the above content, check out the official Wiki. If you run into any bugs, please submit an in-game bug report by right clicking the 'report' button found at the bottom of the chat box.

Bot
Forumbot

An Update On Partnerships and Old School

Bericht door Bot »

An Update On Partnerships and Old School

Originele tekst

Afbeelding
An Update On Partnerships
At the beginning of this week we published a blog on working with potential partners in the games industry. What we were offering in this blog represented a change to how content could be introduced to the game - however, for any game to continuously grow and attract new players there is a need for strong partnerships that engage existing players, attract new players and give returning players an incentive to come back and play.

We pride ourselves on ensuring that our players can vote on any in-game content, including content related to commercial efforts, like that which we were offering in the partnerships poll. As far as we're concerned, polling is the epitome of community-driven game development and is the heart of Old School RuneScape.

The poll was set to end on Monday 8th July. You came to vote in your thousands, and the voting so far has sent a clear message - and as such, we've made the decision to end the poll early. The results were so one-sided that the outcome of the poll could not change. It's this, coupled with the divisive discussion surrounding the poll, that has led us to make what we believe is the right call to close the poll booths early.

We'd like to thank you for voting, and your continued passion around Old School. We hope that you continue to trust in the polling process, just as we do. We'd also like to take this opportunity to share some insight into why we offered the content that we did.

Everything we stated in the blog was entirely true. Had the content we offered passed in the poll, it would have been added to a backlog of content we would call upon whenever a partnership was active. There would be no surprises whenever a partnership was approaching, and you would know exactly what content to expect. If the content passed it would not have led to more invasive forms of advertising or monetisation but would have enabled us to do exciting things for our players with partners such as Twitch, Discord, and more. Our motivation for the poll stems from our belief that by tying the partnership to content that we think you would honestly like to see in-game, our partners would then be more inclined to help us with activity that's good for all players.

The content we chose, we did so as a result of extensive focus group testing. We heard loud and clear that the Old School community would not accept the likes of buyable resources, wealth, or XP. We heard that you would not accept any additions which were either exclusive through purchasing, or partnership, nor would you accept anything that would become discontinued. We heard that you wear your cosmetic accomplishments with a feeling of pride. That's why we promised that the content we were offering would become freely available to all players once the partnership ended. It's why we've offered cosmetic content like the player-owned-house style decorations that would be seen only by yourself (and others you invite into your house).

We are disappointed that the reception to the blog has focused around monetisation in-game -something that is not in any of our plans - although we can understand your trepidation. We would like to categorically highlight once again that the forms of monetisation listed in the paragraph above will not be coming to Old School and that everything we are doing with Old School is to enable this amazing game to grow, be more fun for you and be experienced by more people in the world.

It should be noted that 'partnerships' is not a 'catch-all' term - there are many types of commercial partnership opportunities, and as well the ones suggested in the poll, we've partnered in the past with the likes of Apple and Google, who have been pivotal in helping us bring Old School Mobile to you all in October last year. So, rather than Walmart or Pepsi, we would look to partner with companies who make sense to both us, yourselves and the game itself.

Whilst we do believe that partnerships can be used for the growth of Old School RuneScape, we're going to work with you to see what you would be happy with. Again, we welcome your feedback on this and rest assured, no in-game content for partnerships will be added without a poll.

Collaboration is at the heart of decisions we make so we will work directly with players at our HQ in Cambridge and with the broader community so you can advise us on the right way to build partnerships that excite, rather than cause confusion and fear. Everyone at Jagex wants Old School RuneScape to be a game that you play and enjoy for many years to come.
Afbeelding
Mods Acorn, Archie, Ash, Bruno, Curse, Ed, Gambit, Gee, Ghost, Husky, John C, Kieren, Lenny, Lottie, Maz, Nasty, Roq, Ry, Sween, Tide, Weath, West & Wolf

The Old School Team
Bot
Forumbot

Small Game Improvements

Bericht door Bot »

Small Game Improvements

Originele tekst

AfbeeldingSmall Game Improvements
Afbeelding
We have been listening to your feedback on things in the game that need to be improved to help make the player experience better. We would like to bring some of those small improvements to you in the coming weeks. Below is a list of suggested changes for in-game content that will fall under the "Integrity Changes", "To Be Polled", and "To Be Discussed" sections. Pending feedback to this blog, we'll make any necessary changes and poll the suggestions from the "To Be Polled" section from Friday July 12th until Monday July 15th. Changelog:
  • Reworded Ecumenical key question.
Click here for proposed Integrity Changes. This section displays changes we plan to make without polling. These are classified as integrity changes as they combat rule-breaking or change elements of gameplay that are considered unfair or counterproductive to the game's long-term health.
Afbeelding
Granite Maul Rework
The Granite Maul currently uses 50% of the special attack to deal a damaging blow to a player while in PvP. The proposed change is to make the current Granite Maul use 60% of it's special attack to keep it in line with other special attack PvP weapons. We will then add a new item that can be attached to the maul (similar to a clamp) to the Bounty Hunter Reward shop for 10M BH points. This attachment when added to the Granite Maul will give it the 50% special attack back, is always lost on death and if PK'd, the pker will receive 1M coins.
Afbeelding
Bulwark Rework
When the Bulwark was released it was looking to fill a niche in PvM to enhance a tanker's ability to help the team when group bossing. As time has gone on, it's clear that the shield has very few limited uses outside of aiding in wilderness protection. This isn't a problem in itself however, in its current format, it gives the player high invulnerability when combined with certain equipment/protection prayers. We would like to reduce its Defence bonuses by -10 in Stab, Slash, Crush, Magic, and Ranged.
Afbeelding
Avernic Defender Repair Cost and Death Drop
The Avernic Defender currently drops 1M on PvP death but it also costs 1M to repair at Perdu. Typically, broken objects act as a gold sink in PvP, however, this one does not. We plan to increase the repair cost to 1.25M GP so that there's a cash sink but no decrease in value to the PKer.
Afbeelding
Snare and Entangle on F2P Worlds
After adding Tele block to F2P, the appetite to try out F2P PKing was apparent but lacked some key components such as preventing players from moving for longer durations. As a result, we plan to add Snare and Entangle to F2P to facilitate more effective F2P PKing.

Click here for proposed To Be Polled Changes.This section displays changes we plan to make if it passes a poll. These are changes that were suggested from you that involve improving existing in-game content. Please give us feedback on these changes before we go to poll so we can make appropriate changes and update this blog accordingly.
Afbeelding
Interfaces
In April we released a new Goldcrafting interface that functions with left-click buttons like the bank. Following the update, there was a high demand from you that we should update our Smithing and Silvercrafting interfaces as well.Poll Question #1
Should the Smithing Anvil interface be updated with quantity buttons similar to the Goldcrafting interface?Poll Question #2
Should the Silvercrafting interface be updated with quantity buttons similar to the Goldcrafting interface?
Afbeelding
Player Owned House Advertisement Board
Currently the meta for advertising an open player owned house is to have an account stand outside the house portal and spam the homeowner's RSN as much as possible so players can see it, type it into their chat box, and ultimately enter the house. This spam is often facilitated by bots or autotypers but also comes with issues such as being able to see that homeowner's name long enough to type it correctly and enter. We would like to propose a Player Owned House Advertisement Board. This will allow a homeowner to set their house to be advertised on a board that will sit outside every POH portal. This board will display the name of the homeowner, their Construction level, and a choice of what they are sharing the house for (i.e a gilded altar, lectern, portal nexus). When a player looks at the board, they can then click the homeowner's name and it will teleport them into the player's house. If a house is closed, the entry is removed from the board.

Poll Question #3
Should we add a Player Owned House Advertisement Board outside every POH portal as described in the blog? This board will display the name of the homeowner, their Construction level, and a choice of what they are sharing the house for (i.e a gilded altar, lectern, portal nexus). When a player looks at the board, they can then click the homeowner's name and it will teleport them into the player's house.
Afbeelding
Marble Lectern
Players can choose to have a single lectern in their house per Study room. This results in players having to either choose between the two best lecterns or making two Study rooms to accommodate the different tablets players can make. We would like to introduce a new Marble Lectern that combines the ability to make tablets from both the Mahogany Eagle and Mahogany Demon Lecterns. This will require 77 Construction, 1 Marble Block, 1 Magic Stone, and 1 Gold Leaf to create.

Poll Question #4
Should we allow players to create a new Marble Lectern that combines the ability to make tablets from both the Mahogany Eagle and Mahogany Demon Lecterns? This will require 77 Construction, 1 Marble Block, 1 Magic Stone, and 1 Gold Leaf to create.
Afbeelding
Kill/Death Ratios
We recently updated the K/D Ratio to be included on HUD in PvP worlds. Since then, there's been a demand to have separate K/D ratios for PvP and BH Worlds rather than using the same one for all. due to them being combined previously and therefore not tracking which world the kill or death occurred on, if we were to make separate K/D ratios, they will have to start at 0.

Poll Question #5
Should the K/D ratio on PvP worlds be a separate counter to the one used in standard worlds within the Wilderness? It will start at 0.The Wilderness in PvP worlds would use this version of the counter too.Poll Question #6
Should the K/D ratio on Bounty Hunter worlds be a separate counter to the one used in standard worlds within the Wilderness? It will start at 0.
Afbeelding
Volcanic Mine
In order to start a game, players must left click the Volcanic Mine and go through some dialogue to exchange numulites to enter. We propose an option to right click quick start on the entrance which will take the 30 numulite fee out of your inventory.

Poll Question #7
Should the Volcanic Mine have a right click quick start option on the entrance that takes the 30 numulite fee out of your inventory automatically without going through dialogue?
Afbeelding
Tithe FarmIn order to water your plants in Tithe Farm you must click your watering can and then click the plant. We'd like to allow left-click watering of plants in Tithe Farm. Poll Question #8
Should we allow players to water their plants in Tithe Farm by left clicking the plant rather than clicking the watering can and then clicking the plant?
In addition to the left click plant watering on Tithe Farm we would like to update Bologa's blessing to be 1 Tithe Point for 10 blessings rather than 1 Tithe point per blessing. This blessing allows players to pick Zamorak's grapes instead of grapes from the Vinery. It consumes one blessing per grape picked.

Poll Question #9
Should we update Bologa's blessing to be 1 Tithe point for 10 blessings?
Afbeelding
Chaos Elemental Respawn Timer
Currently the Chaos Elemental respawns every 2.5 minutes. Since there is only 1 Chaos Elemental per world, we propose making the respawn rate faster to 1 minute for everyone instead.

Poll Question #10
Should we reduce the Chaos Elemental respawn timer from 2.5 minutes to 1 minute?
Afbeelding
Web Slashing
Only specific types of weapons are allowed to slash webs. We propose letting any weapon with a slash bonus slash webs, with a success chance dependent on the weapon's slash bonus. The Wilderness swords currently give a guaranteed web slashing chance in the Wilderness and will be kept the same.

Poll Question #11
Should we allow any weapon with a slash bonus to have the ability to slash webs with a success chance dependent on the weapon's slash bonus?
Afbeelding
Locator Orbs
After completing Dragon Slayer II, players can only have one locator orb at a time. Since the orbs are useful for draining health, similar to Dwarven rock cakes, it can be a pain to have to retrieve another one upon death. We propose allowing players to retrieve multiple copies of the locator orb by speaking to Ana.Poll Question #12
Should players be able to have multiple copies of the locator orb by speaking to Ana?
Afbeelding
Shilo Village Shortcut
Players can directly teleport to Duradel with Karamja gloves 4 thus making the unlock to the Shilo Village river shortcut seem rather useless. We propose moving the shortcut unlock from the Elite Karamja Diary Reward to the Medium Reward instead.Poll Question #13
Should we move the shortcut across Shilo Village river from an Elite Karamja Diary Reward to a Medium Reward?
Afbeelding
Ecumenical Keys
The drop rate of ecumenical keys is 1/60. However, once you possess a key, the drop rate decreases by 10 to 1/70 and 1/80 for your second and third keys. You are limited to a maximum of three keys; if you get more than that, you will be unable to pick up anymore until they are destroyed or used. However, upon completion of the Medium or Hard Wilderness Diary you can hold up to 4 or 5 keys at a time. We can remove all the restrictions from the keys allowing players to have more than 3 (or 5 if diary is completed) and remove the drop rate restrictions to have a flat 1/60 rate regardless of the keys a player currently holds.Poll Question #14
Should we remove some of the restrictions on getting an Ecumenical key? This will remove the reduction in drop chance that scales based on the number of keys you own and remove the timer that stops you from acquiring another key too quickly.
Afbeelding
Clue Casket Locks
Since caskets are now stackable and clue scrolls have had a graphical change to be colour coded based on the various tiers, we can update the clue reward casket locks to match the colours of the clue scroll tiers so it's easier to determine which casket is which tier.Poll Question #15
Should we change the colour of the clue casket locks to match the colour of the clue scroll it came from?Click here for proposed To Be Discussed Changes. This section displays changes we are investigating and want your feedback on before we implement or poll any of them. Please provide us with as much feedback as possible to ensure we give you all the updates you want.
Afbeelding
Special Attack Teleport Restriction in PvP
In November 2018, a previous PVP cabal suggested we make a change that prevented players from teleporting for 3 seconds after using a Special Attack whilst in the Wilderness or in a PvP/BH world. Since the change, it was proven unpopular with PvPers and is often requested we revert it. We can revert this change however, we wanted to offer this as a discussion point first, to ensure we are reaching out to as many of you as possible. If this is something you would not like removed, please provide us feedback.
Afbeelding
Imbued God Capes and Other Untradeables
One of the most commonly questioned subjects as a result of the State of PvP blog is that Imbued God Capes are always lost on death but only in PvP. When originally polled, the capes were to be lost no matter what, however due to the way the death system works, it is overridden. We would like to discuss what we should do moving forward. This could be adding them to Perdu so they're usable in pre 20 Wilderness, or making them lost in PvM situations too so that it's fair for PvM and PvP alike (and matches what was polled). We would like to make the change to match what was polled however we want to ensure this is what the players want before proceeding.

While on the topic of fairness between PvP and PvM, a discussion arose about how PvPers are expected to pay to repair their untradeables for losing them below 20 wilderness, however in PvM they can't break and can just be reclaimed or are kept on death. The idea has been batted around the team and ultimately, we wanted to open up the discussion to you all on the finer details. There is little risk when PvMing outside an instance anymore so we would like to have a discussion on whether the items Perdu can repair, should be required to be repaired regardless of location (but still lost over 20 wilderness). While we can make this proposed change, we want to open up discussions on how you would expect to get your items repaired should the change go through. We can do one of the following options: require players to go to the current Perdu locations, map Perdu down at more locations such as TOB and COX, or we can offer the ability to go to a banker and have them repair your items for you (similar to Perdu).
Afbeelding
Magical Defence Calculations in PvP
We have the ability to make Magical defence be calculated differently for PvP and PvM. Currently it's 70% from your Magical stat and 30% from your Defence stat. Similar to what we did in Seasonal Deadman Mode, we could change these percentages to 50% for both in PvP only while leaving PvM alone. Please give us your thoughts and feedback on this proposal via the channels listed at the bottom of this newspost.
Afbeelding
That's all the proposed changes for this blog. Let us know what you think about them in the usual channels listed down below. Please ensure you expand the various sections of this blog to read all of the proposed changes including poll questions. Pending feedback, we look to poll the "To Be Polled" changes from Friday July 12th until Monday July 15th.
Afbeelding
Discuss this update on our official forums, the community-led 2007Scape Reddit, or the community-led OSRS Discord in the #gameupdate channel.

Bot
Forumbot

Golden Gnome Awards Announcement

Bericht door Bot »

Golden Gnome Awards Announcement

Originele tekst

AfbeeldingGolden Gnome Nominations
Afbeelding
The nominations for this year's Golden Gnomes are now open! Every year the Golden Gnomes recognise the very best community talent across RuneScape, Old School RuneScape and the wider community. This year The Golden Gnomes take place on the opening night of RuneFest 2019, at 18:00 on Friday October 4th. Not got your ticket yet? Then what are you waiting for - you can grab yours here!

Voting for your favourite has never been easier - simply visit this survey link. Nominations Close on the July 16th.

This year it's your votes that will drive the entire Golden Gnome Awards voting process, all the way from start to finish! Once we have received the nominations, the GGA panel will announce the finalists. You'll then have the chance to vote for the winner of each category. The final winners will be revealed live at the Golden Gnome Awards at RuneFest.

To run through that process once again:
  • Nominations Open
  • Nominations Close on July 16th
  • Nominees shortlisted by GGA Panel
  • Nominee shortlist announced to community
  • Players vote from shortlisted nominees on July 26th
  • Nominee voting closes on August 1st
  • Winner votes reviewed by GGA Panel (i.e vote manipulation checks)
  • Winners announced at Golden Gnome Awards at RuneFest on October 4th
The categories for this year are as follows:

Video Awards
  • Best New RuneScape Video Maker
  • Best New OSRS Video Maker
  • Best RuneScape Video Maker
  • Best OSRS Video Maker
  • RuneScape Video of the Year
  • OSRS Video of the Year
Streaming Awards
  • Best New RuneScape Streamer
  • Best New OSRS Streamer
  • Best RuneScape Streamer
  • Best OSRS Streamer
Art Awards
  • Best New RuneScape Artist
  • Best New OSRS Artist
  • Best Artistic Creation
  • Best Artist
We're so lucky to have such passionate and talented fans, and we can't wait to see you all to celebrate in October. The very best of luck to you all!

Please note: Cosplay Awards will be voted on live at RuneFest on Saturday during the Cosplay Parade.
Afbeelding
Mods Acorn, Archie, Ash, Bruno, Curse, Ed, Gambit, Ghost, Gee, Husky, John C, Kieren, Lenny, Lottie, Mat K, Maz, Nasty, Roq, Ry, Sween, Tide, Weath, West & WolfThe Old School Team
Bot
Forumbot

Last Man Standing Beta and Splashing Restrictions

Bericht door Bot »

Last Man Standing Beta and Splashing Restrictions

Originele tekst

This week sees the release of a beta for the Last Man Standing revamp!
AfbeeldingLast Man Standing: Beta
Afbeelding
Last month we changed casual games of Last Man Standing to begin with a minimum of 4 players rather than 24. We also reduced the competitive and high stakes modes from 48 to 24. In our State of PvP blog in May, we discussed a number of changes that could be made to dramatically improve LMS. Now that games are easier to start with a few friends or large groups, it's time to test those changes designed and implemented by Mod Roq and Mod Maz. We're opening five beta worlds that offer Last Man Standing with the new changes. The beta will take place on a Tournament/Unrestricted world. Remember - this means you won't have your regular save profiles, meaning anything done during the beta won't affect your main account in any way. For convenience, the player attack option will be set as "always left-click" by default. Bear in mind that this also means you will need to set your F Key options each time you log into the beta. Additionally, any wins in competitive mode during the beta will not affect your rank. The following worlds will go live to host the LMS beta: 401, 405, 407, 409 and 412.Because the existing version of LMS cannot be live at the same time as the beta version, the following LMS worlds will become normal worlds for the duration of the beta: 425, 317, 326, and 393.Click or tap each section by the drop down menu to read about that aspect of the LMS beta:Starting stats and equipment
Starting Stats and Equipment
Afbeelding
Upon login into the beta, you will receive a random set of stats. When you start a game of LMS, these will be boosted to 99 except for Defence which will be changed to 75. This is to test that the automatic stat changes when you enter LMS work correctly. Players will no longer start with just a beginner weapon. Instead, each player starts with a full tribrid setup. At the beginning of each game, all players will have the following items equipped:
  • Helm of neitiznot
  • Imbued god cape
  • Amulet of glory
  • Adamant diamond bolts (e)
  • Abyssal whip
  • Mystic robe top
  • Dragon defender
  • Rune platelegs
  • Barrows gloves
  • Climbing boots
  • Berserker ring (i)
  • Black d'hide top
  • Mystic bottoms
  • Spirit shield
  • Ancient staff
  • Rune crossbow
  • Dragon dagger
  • Ava's accumalator
  • 1x Saradomin brew (4)
  • 1x Super restore (4)
  • 1x Sanfew serum (4)
  • 1x Ranging potion (4)
  • 1x Super combat (4)
  • 1x Stamina potion (4)
  • 12x Shark
  • 2x Karambwan
  • Rune pouch - a unique version allowing infinite casts of blood and ice barrage and blitz
In their inventory, each player will find these items at the start of each game:Looting system
Looting System
Afbeelding
Players will no longer receive loot from locations such as drawers and cupboards - only chests. These chests will now require a bloody key to be opened, which are still dropped when you kill an opponent. When looting a chest this way, your loot rolls once on an offensive loot table and once on a defensive loot table:Offensive:
  • Dragon claws
  • Armadyl godsword
  • Armadyl crossbow
  • Staff of the dead
  • Granite maul
  • Dark bow with Dragon arrows
  • Infernal cape
  • Dragon warhammer
  • Seers ring (i)
  • Elder maul
  • Kodai wand
  • Ghrazi rapier
  • Heavy ballista with Dragon javelins
Defensive:
  • Ahrim's robetop
  • Ahrim's robeskirt
  • Karil's leathertop
  • Dharok's platelegs
  • Torag's platelegs
  • Verac's plateskirt
  • Dharok's helm
  • Guthan's helm
  • Torags' helm
  • Verac's helm
  • Amulet of fury
  • Blessed spirit shield
  • Eternal boots
  • Bandos tassets
  • Zuriel's staff
  • Morrigan's javelins
  • Vesta's longsword
  • Statius' warhammer
If a player is in the final five survivors, they'll start to receive bloodier keys as a drop. These roll on the same defensive loot table as the standard bloody keys, but also roll on an upgraded version of the Offensive loot table which contains the following: Loot crates will still appear on the map as before, but now roll on the upgraded offensive loot table.Rules
Rules
Afbeelding
The entry fee and reward systems for each mode will be as follows:High Stakes
  • Costs 1,000,000 GP to play
  • Players who finish 3rd - 5th win a free entry token
  • Players also earn points for the rewards shop
  • Will continue to reward GP
Competitive (requires 24 players to begin and affects your rank)
  • Players earn points for the rewards shop
  • No entry fee
  • No free entry tokens awarded
  • No coins awarded
Casual (requires 4 players to begin)
  • No entry fee
  • No free entry tokens awarded
  • No points awarded
  • No coins awarded
In High Stakes and Competitive games, players will receive 5 points for taking part, 10 points per kill and an additional 30, 20, or 10 points for placing first, second and third.Rewards
Rewards
Afbeelding
Let's talk rewards. Currently, LMS doesn't offer any rewards outside of the GP prize awarded to winners of high stakes games. This is unusual for a mini-game given that they typically offer rewards that are also useful elsewhere. Below is a list of proposed rewards, most of which have been suggested by the community. Let us know what you think and if you have any ideas of your own, feel free to send them our way!Deadman Armour
Afbeelding
In the currently retired Deadman mode, there was a set of armour that players could purchase for blood money. Unfortunately because the armour wasn't very good and blood money could be farmed, the armour was not widely used. So our first reward idea is to remove the stats from the pieces (top, bottoms, and cape), making the set cosmetic only, and add them to the LMS store. Trouver ParchmentWhile in the Wilderness (under level 20), some untradeable items will break on death instead of being lost. Players can take these broken items to Perdu who will repair them for a fee. In order to encourage use of these items in deeper Wilderness, we propose a consumable scroll that can be handed into Perdu. He would then use it to enchant one of these items. An item enchanted this way would not be lost on death above level 20 Wilderness. Instead, the item will lose its enchantment and be kept in its broken form as if the player had died in under level 20 Wilderness. This will also occur for PvM deaths. In a PvP situation, 75% of the repair fee of the item will be dropped to the floor for the killer as coins.This is expected to widen the range of items used in the rest of the Wilderness. Because players will no longer have to go get these items again and possibly endure the grind again (defender, void etc), you're more likely to see them appear.The cost of the scrolls is subject to balancing and testing.Halos
Afbeelding
For Many years Castle Wars have offered the 3 God Halos as rewards. But what about the other gods? Armadyl, Bandos, Seren, Zaros, and Brassica have been underrepresented in the headwear department. As a result, we would like to offer 5 brand new Halos as rewards. These will have the same stats as the existing halos, but will allow you to support the god of your choosing.XP RewardsFor the top 5 players in any competitive game of Last Man Standing, we would like to offer an XP reward, through a tome or token that can be redeemed in a combat skill of their choice. The XP awarded will be 35 x skill level.This number is subject to balancing through testing and the beta phase.Games Played/Won CosmeticsThese would be similar to the capes awarded for Chambers of Xeric or Theatre of Blood completion milestones. We would like to add two separate versions: one to show games played and another to show games won.3 Speed One-handed weaponFor a long time now OldSchool has had the Event RPG and more recently received the Ham Joint as quick weapons to help train certain pure builds. We would like to offer another weapon to add to this list but one that is a bit more thematic with the regular weapons of Old School. This weapon will attack once every 3 ticks and be one handed.Guthixian Icon/Staff of Balance
Afbeelding
In early 2018, players gained the ability to add a Saradomin's Light to a Staff of the Dead. This added some variety as a high level magic weapon that could cast Saradomin Strike. But what about Guthix?With this reward, players would be able to take the Guthixian Icon to Juna. She would then infuse it into a Staff of the Dead, creating the Staff of Balance,The staff of balance would have the same stats as both the Staff of Light and Staff of the Dead, and be able to cast/autocast Claws of Guthix.BolasThe bolas is a thrown ranged weapon that would require 70 ranged to wield. When a bolas is thrown as an auto-attack, it binds the player for around 10 seconds. It is possible to miss the bind as with other attacks from a weapon. Thrown bolas cannot be retrieved from the ground or by any Ava's device.The bolas will carry the same offensive stats as a rune knife but with an attack speed of 6. The attack range of the bolas is 7. Staff of ParalysisThe Staff of paralysis is a one-handed staff which requires 70 magic to wield. The staff would hold up to 1,000 charges and require 3 Nature, 4 Earth, and 4 Water runes per charge. On each cast, the staff of paralysis would have a 1/10 chance of turning off your opponent's run. The staff would have a maximum damage of 10 and has an attack rate of 5. In LMS only cosmeticsWhen we're good at something, we like to show it off. With this in mind, we want to offer the ability to unlock cosmetic changes to the starting equipment described earlier. For example, you could change your mystic robes to light/dark/dusk, your ranged equipment to gilded, and your rune equipment to any of the god and gilded variants.We have heard your suggestions on some other items, such as moving imbues, Korasi etc. However, with other discussions taking place, we have decided that these may be better suited for other upcoming content.Negative XP Lamps
Afbeelding
One suggestion we've had had been to add negative XP reward lamps as an LMS reward. Since they were last polled, there has been continued demand for and discussion around the topic. These would allow players to remove a small amount of experience (~500xp) from a combat stat below level 50. Doing so means players could 'fix' their accounts by removing unwanted experience. These lamps could potentially be used to remove XP awarded from quests, increasing range of account builds possible for PKing. This would open up a range of exciting possibilities to shake up PvP.However, there is also a technical issue to overcome. Currently, XP removal has very strict restrictions built into the game engine to minimise the risk of accidental XP loss, which could be very serious for a player's account. Now that players would be able to trigger it arbitrarily, we would need the engine changed to ease these restrictions while still providing the necessary safety checks. Let us know what you think of the idea. If the suggestion is taken forward, negative XP lamps would be polled again before being added into game. All other rewards above and any that are added will also be polled. Before then, let us know your thoughts and suggestions!Other Changes
Other Changes
Afbeelding
Here is a list of smaller improvements made to the minigame:
  • Players' Defence levels are now set to 75 rather than 70
  • Spellbooks are set to Ancients for the whole duration of the game
  • Fake XP drops now show for all account types
  • Prayer no longer drains
  • Smite has been disabled
  • Shops no longer exist on the map
  • Killing your opponent now restocks your inventory with the starting supplies
  • Killing your opponent now also restores all of your Hitpoints and run energy
  • Supplies only appear to the player who dropped them but equipment appears on the ground to everybody
Future Changes
Afbeelding
Customisable LoadoutsThe option to organise your starting equipment and inventory is a feature we would like to add further down the line. This would mean players would not have to rearrange these to their preferred set ups at the start of each game. This was not possible in the beta, however, as player profiles are not saved on these worlds.UIM AccessUltimate Ironmen are currently unable to play Last Man Standing unless they have no items on them. In the future, we will look to implement a system to allow them to play by temporarily storing their items to be returned at the end of each game. That's all for the LMS beta, We hope you're as excited as we are to try out the changes and look forward to seeing you there!
AfbeeldingSplashing in Lumbridge
"Splashing" is a highly AFK Magic training method. By attacking NPCs while wearing equipment with low Magical accuracy, it is possible to prevent yourself from dealing any damage. This means the NPC never dies while the player gains experience for casting the spell and can remain in combat with the NPC for hours.For new players that come fresh out of Tutorial Island, it looks odd to see players dressed in full Melee equipment attacking with Magic against low level NPCs such as rats. To avoid this, you no longer gain Magic experience for casting spells in the area shown below if your magic accuracy is too low to deal damage:
Afbeelding
AfbeeldingIn Other News
Song of the Elves CompetitionsThe login screen design and lore video competitions for the upcoming Song of the Elves release are still running! The winner of the login screen design competition will have their entry featured in the live game for players to see upon launch of the quest. The winner for the video competition will have their entry featured on the official Old School channels to promote the update. Both competitions also offer additional prizes of Amazon vouchers and membership.For your chance to win, check out the all the details in the competitions section of our Song of the Elves progress blog.
Afbeelding
On the topic of Song of the Elves - the release date of July 25th is fast approaching! In preparation for launch, we will be taking time away from updating the game next week. The usual reboot at 11:30am (BST) can be expected next Thursday to update the engine, but we are not expecting to make content changes. The PvP World Rota is switching over to Period B. On the east of the Atlantic, host the Standard PvP world (W25, UK) and the F2P PvP world (W71, UK). On the west of the Atlantic, host the Bounty Hunter world (W19, USA) and the High Risk PvP world (W37, USA).Small ChangesMinus a change to skill capes on PvP worlds, our small changes this week relate to feedback from the recent Forthos dungeon update.
  • Skill cape teleports now respect the anti-spam delay that spell teleports use on PvP worlds
  • The Wilderness swords will now have a 100% chance to slash the web with the peek option leading to Sarachnis
  • A typo when handing Dragonstones over to Olbertus was fixed
  • A typo when checking pages in the Forthos Dungeon tomes was fixed
  • The XP received from using bones on the bone burner has been removed while the altar in the room with Olbertus is cursed. This is to allow players who don't want to train Prayer to un-curse it
  • Temple Spiders will now drop more red spiders eggs
  • The Grubby Chest will now give Red dragonhide and Dragon bones in noted form
  • Loot Drop notifications will no longer tell every player in the dungeon when someone obtains a Crystal Key from Sarachnis
Afbeelding

Mods Acorn, Archie, Ash, Bruno, Curse, Ed, Gambit, Gee, Ghost, Husky, John C, Kieren, Lenny, Lottie, Maz, Nasty, Roq, Ry, Sween, Tide, Weath, West & Wolf The Old School Team
Bot
Forumbot

Warding Blog

Bericht door Bot »

Warding Blog

Originele tekst

AfbeeldingWarding Blog
Ever wonder where magical armour comes from? Yes, these robes are dropped by various monsters and sold in certain shops, but how does this equipment get imbued with magical properties?

We know that most Ranged armour is made from leathers and most Melee armour is made from metals, but what is it that makes Magic armour so special? Let us introduce you to Warding. Warding is a brand new production skill that teaches you the art of making magical equipment, items, and tools from the very best wizards in Gielinor.
Afbeelding
In April we shared a Warding Design Blog that described the skill, rewards, and content. We explained that we wanted to poll Warding in May, but shortly after the initial blog, we could see there were things that needed changing before we did that. Since then, we've released a public design document for full transparency and reviewed thousands of comments and suggestions to help make Warding a skill that truly fits Old School RuneScape. We want it to be and it is something that you, the dedicated players, have helped design.

Changelog
Significant changes have been made to the Warding Skill, including the following:
  • BattleWards removed
  • Venomous Armour removed
  • Kinhunter Armour removed
  • Cosmos Armour removed
  • Steatite and Wardstones removed
  • Vis variants reduced from 12 to 5
  • Channeling lamp variants reduced from 3 to 1
  • Imbues to be added to Warding as an additional method of obtaining it
  • Addition of new reward suggestions
  • Addition of Ward Shops
  • Oversaturated Farming methods for resource gathering now added to Hunter
  • Addition of charts on skill training loops
  • Addition of XP Rates
  • Combination Runes removed
You can read more about these changes by expanding the various sections below or viewing the Design Document here.

Click here for details about the Core Skill.
Afbeelding
Core Skill
Training the Skill
You train Warding by utilising tools to ward fabrics into magical armours. This is similar to how the tools, a needle and thread, are used on dragonhide to make ranged armour in Crafting. In Warding, you use a channeling lamp and vis on various material to make magical armour. Due to the magical armour being well... magical, you will need a ward to channel the fabric to give it its special powers. These wards are either created by a player using vis on the floor anywhere, like a fire with logs, or found across Gielinor. Using your tools and materials on the ward will then give you Warding XP. You can see the training loop below for a visual guide on how to train Warding.
Afbeelding
Optional Ways to Gather Materials
If you don't want to buy everything from the Grand Exchange, there are various ways you can obtain your materials to start gaining XP as cheap as possible.
AfbeeldingAfbeelding
  • Dissolve: You can dissolve, unpick, or reforge your items to turn them into vis. Dissolving is an item sink method that allows you to take excess items to a ward to dissolve resulting in giving you vis and token XP which aids you in making more armours for Warding XP later. Below is a list of various items you can dissolve, unpick, or reforge.
    Afbeelding
  • Wardshops: Throughout the world in a few select places, a bunch of new workshops have opened with a specialization in everything Warding. In these shops, the shopkeepers have stocked up on channeling lamps and small quantities of vis. There is also a tutor in the Al Kharid shop that will teach you how to train Warding.
  • Monster Killing and Hunter: Much like you can kill dragons for dragonhide, you can kill various monsters for items to dissolve down that is used for Warding. If killing NPCs isn't your thing, have a shot at some new Hunter methods to gather silk, hides, or barks. This includes butterfly net hunting (similar to imp catching), pitfall trapping, and a new way to combine Firemaking and Hunter with lantern trapping in a variety of new and unique moth filled dungeons.
    Afbeelding
Poll Question #1
Should we add the core skill, Warding, to the game as described in the blog? The core skill will come with an introduction quest similar to "Rune Mysteries". This question does not include the New Armours, Rewards, and Other Content.Click here for details about Armours.
Afbeelding
Armours
As Warding is a skill that involves the creation of magical armours, it is only fitting to introduce some newer armours to fill some gaps that are missing in magical equipment and give alternative items to ward for XP. Below is a list of armours that you can expect to see with the introduction of Warding.
Afbeelding
Pado's Set Afbeelding
Afbeelding
This set will offer two unique effects. A Prayer Bonus that offers +3 Prayer bonus with each piece and +35 when all pieces are worn together and "The Will of Saradomin" which is increased magic damage on followers of Zamorak, such as Hellhounds and Demons, by 25%. This set can only be made after learning about it from Brother Jered, a member of the Edgeville Monastery, and therefore it will have an implicit 30 Prayer requirement to wear it alongside the 30 Magic and 30 Defence requirements. Given that the set is part of the Saradomin following, it will be impossible to cast Flames of Zamorak with it equipped.

Poll Question #2
If question 1 passes, should we add the ability to ward the Pado's set with Warding as described in the blog? This set will require 30 Warding to make.Arceuus Robes Afbeelding
Afbeelding
These robes are an improved version of the Shade robes, however these will be member's only. They require the following stats to equip: 30 Magic, 15 Defence, and 20 Prayer. As they will mimic the look of the Arceuus robes worn by members of Arceuus in the Kingdom of Great Kourend it will require The Ascent of Arceuus quest to equip.

Poll Question #3
If question 1 passes, should we add the ability to ward the Arceuus set with Warding? This set will require 40 Warding to make.Thaumaturge Set Afbeelding
Afbeelding
This set will offer one unique effect when all pieces are worn together. The set effect "Spellwarp" will add 2.4 seconds to the cool-down timer instead of 3 seconds when casting a spell. This reduces time to cast a spell by one tick. This set effect will only apply to combat spells and will not apply to any spells from the Ancient Spellbook. Due to the Thaumaturage warper being worn in the shield slot, it will make the tome of fire unusable in combination with the set effect.

Poll Question #4
If question 1 passes, should we add the ability to ward the Thaumaturge set with Warding? This set will require 50 Warding to make.Bloodbark Armour Afbeelding
Afbeelding
This armour is an improved version of the Splitbark armour. This tank style armour will have similar defensive stats to adamant equipment however it will require 55 Magic and Defence to equip.

Poll Question #5
If question 1 passes, should we add the ability to ward the Bloodbark set with Warding? This set will require 55 Warding to make.Dagon'hai Robes Afbeelding
Afbeelding
These high-level set member's only robes are aimed to sit between Ancestral and Ahrims but without any defensive bonuses aside from Magic. These robes will require 70 Magic and 30 Defence to equip. They will mimic the look of the robes worn by Surok Magis (Dagon'hai variant), a member of the Dagon'hai order.

Poll Question #6
If question 1 passes, should we add the ability to ward the Dagon'hai set with Warding? This set will require 65 Warding to make.Thammaron's Set Afbeelding
Afbeelding
This set will offer one unique effect when all pieces are worn together. The set effect "Thammaron's Fury" applies an additional 50% Magic accuracy and 12.5% Magic damage boost when attacking any NPCs in the Wilderness. This set will require 60 Magic to equip and will stack with the Thammaron's sceptre.

Poll Question #7
If question 1 passes, should we add the ability to ward the Thammaron's set with Warding? This set will require 70 Warding to make.Astral Armour Afbeelding
Afbeelding
This armour is an improved version of the Lunar Armour. It would require completion of the Lunar Diplomacy quest along with 65 Magic and 40 Defence to wear.

Poll Question #8
If question 1 passes, should we add the ability to ward the Astral set with Warding? This set will require 75 Warding to make.Soulbark Armour Afbeelding
Afbeelding
This armour is an improved version of the Bloodbark armour. This tank style armour will have similar defensive stats to rune equipment however it will require 70 Magic and Defence to equip. This armour will mimic the looks of Splitbark but have blue elements incorporated into it to represent soul magic.

Poll Question #9
If question 1 passes, should we add the ability to ward the Soulbark set with Warding? This set will require 80 Warding to make.Click here for details about Other Items.
Afbeelding
Other Items
As Warding aims to unlock magical armour it seems appropriate to set milestones that allow you to unlock other unique magical related items from the skill. We offer the following item suggestions to reward players for leveling the skill:Combat Ring Imbues Afbeelding
Afbeelding
Combat ring imbues exist in-game as rewards from the Nightmare Zone minigame. With the release of Warding, these rings can be creatable via skilling using engravings. Engravings would be rewards from a Warding focused minigame - more on this can be found in the "Other Content" section. See the chart for more information on Warding levels and materials needed to create these combat ring imbues.

Poll Question #10
If question 1 passes, should we add Ring Imbues to Warding? This will be an alternative way of imbuing rings to what NMZ offers.Skilling Rings Afbeelding
Afbeelding
These degradeable rings aim to provide more profit while training gathering skills such as Woodcutting, Mining, Farming, Fishing, and Hunter. These rings will be created via Warding and will require a new untradeable item that is obtained randomly while training one of those gathering skills with any method. See the chart for more information on Warding levels and materials needed to create these skilling rings.

Poll Question #11
If question 1 passes, should we add Skilling Rings to Warding as described in the blog?Repairing Essence Pouches Afbeelding
Afbeelding
Instead of contacting the nicest NPC in Gielinor to fix any broken essence pouches, why not repair them with Warding? This can be achieved by patching them up with some abyssal silk which can be obtained as a drop from the various abyssal creatures. The abyssal silk required to repair each pouch is 2 for medium (level 25), 3 for large (level 55), and 4 for giant (level 70). Note: this will be an alternative to NPC contact and not a replacement.

Poll Question #12
If question 1 passes, should we allow players to repair their Essence Pouches with Warding as described in the blog?Elemental Tomes Afbeelding
Afbeelding
There is room to expand the elemental tome family to include the Tome of Air, Water, and Earth. These tomes will have similar functionality of the Tome of Fire and be added to drop tables. The creation of elemental pages can be done with Warding, however to mitigate the harm to the market of burnt pages, the cost of vis to make these tomes will match the price of burnt pages. The tomes themselves should become monster drops from bosses such as Obor and Bryophyta, whereas the pages are made via Warding. You can make the following pages with Warding:
  • Breezy Page (level 35): Papyrus + Air vis
  • Damp Page (level 52): Papyrus + Water vis
  • Dirty Page (level 67): Papyrus + Earth vis
  • Burnt Page (level 80): Papyrus + Fire vis
Poll Question #13
If question 1 passes, should we add Elemental Tomes as described in the blog? These will consist of the Tome of Air, Water, and Earth.Magic Incantations Afbeelding
Afbeelding
An incantation is an item held in the ammunition slot that increases the user's magic bonuses. These function in the same way that blessings do but for Magic bonuses instead of Prayer. See the table on more information regarding Magic Incantations.

Poll Question #14
If question 1 passes, should we add Magic Incantations as described in the blog? These will be held in the ammunition slot, the same way that blessings do, but for Magic bonuses instead of Prayer.Anti-Poison Lamp Afbeelding
Afbeelding
This lamp will be wieldable in the off-hand slot. It can be filled with anti-poison potions of all varieties. Once equipped, the player will be immune to poison providing the lamp has charges inside it. A charge is removed whenever a player would have been poisoned. Learning to make this lamp can either be done via Warding or a Warding related quest. It will require 20 Warding to make.

Poll Question #15
If question 1 passes, should we add an Anti-Poison Lamp as described in the blog? It will be held in the off-hand slot and when equipped the player will be immune to poison providing the lamp is charged.Rune Pouches Afbeelding
Afbeelding
The current Rune Pouch is an item that can store 16,000 of three types of runes. Players currently purchase the rune pouch via the Bounty Hunter store or as a Slayer Reward. Warding can introduce the creation of two new rune pouches and add a wilderness specific pouch to add to the Bounty Hunter store. The new pouches are as follows:
  • Elemental Rune Pouch: This pouch stores two types of elemental runes and is made using abyssal silk. It will require level 65 Warding to make.
  • Large Rune Pouch: This is an upgraded version of the current rune pouch and stores 4 types of any runes rather than three. It is made using abyssal silk and the rune pouch. It will require 83 Warding to make.
  • Wilderness Rune Pouch: This pouch stores three types of any runes but is only useable in the Wilderness. It will replace the one purchased in the Bounty Hunter store and cost less points than the current rune pouch. This pouch is not made via Warding.
Poll Question #17
If question 1 passes, should we allow players the ability to make two new Rune Pouches via Warding? These rune pouches will be an Elemental Rune Pouch that stores 2 types of elemental runes and a Large Rune Pouch that stores 4 types of any rune.
Scroll of Redirection Afbeelding
Afbeelding
Currently a Scroll of Redirection is purchased via the Nightmare Zone shop. It allows a player to redirect a teleport to house tablet to one of the other house portals provided the player as the Construction level to move their POH there. Warding offers the potential for players to make scroll of redirections using papyrus, a teleport to house tablet, and omni vis. In return for making these via Warding, these scrolls will be made tradeable. The Scrolls of Redirection will be removed from the Nightmare Zone shop if the poll question passes. You can read more about the scrolls and their level requirements by clicking the "i" icon next to the header of this section.

Poll Question #18
If question 1 passes, should we allow players the ability to make Scrolls of Redirection with Warding? This will make Scrolls of Redirection tradeable and they will be removed from the Nightmare Zone reward shop.Fused Essence Pouch Afbeelding
Afbeelding
This pouch would be a combination of all essence pouches magically fuse at a ward by channeling omni vis with all four pouches in your inventory. The pouch will hold slightly less than the cumulative of all pouches (27 essence). This fused pouch has a 1/310 chance of breaking the magical bond when filled, leaving you with a degraded giant, large, medium, and small pouch. The vis required to bind all four essence pouches to create the fused pouch is the same amount required to imbue a ring. You will not be able to obtain another essence pouch of any kind while you own a fused pouch. In order to create a fused essence pouch you will need 10 abyssal silk, omni vis, and all pouches. It will require 85 Warding and Runecrafting to make.

Poll Question #19
If question 1 passes, should we allow players the ability to make a fused essence pouch with Warding? This will require 85 Warding and Runecrafting to make and will be a combination of all pouches.Click here for details about Other Content.
Afbeelding
Other Content
Minigame: Mystical Sleuthing Afbeelding

This minigame will be a hybrid skilling method for Warding and Runecrafting. It will require completion of Rune Mysteries and the introduction Warding quest that comes with the core skill. Players will also need a channeling lamp, vis, and any Runecrafting Talisman/Tiara that is useable for their Runecrafting level. The aim of the minigame is to utilise your knowledge of Warding and Runecrafting to help citizens of Gielinor deal with magical problems and threats. You can start this by getting a mission from various wizards. Upon your mission, you will then be given location details of a place to investigate any sinister magical marks. Once investigated, you will tackle the threat by making the appropriate ward. This ward will then turn the threat into a hard-rocky magical residue that allows you to siphon into runes via your talisman. Players then repeat the process of obtaining a mission, investigating the threat, stopping the threat, and cleaning it up. The Warding XP rates for doing this minigame will be no more than one third of what you'd get training the skill normally. Runecrafting XP will be minimal and no more than 5k an hour. A new reward shop is an option for this minigame; however this will be polled separately if the minigame itself passes. You can read more about the minigame in the design document by clicking the "i" icon next to the header of this section.

Poll Question #20
If question 1 passes, should we add a Warding related minigame such as Mystical Sleuthing as described in the blog? If this question passes, it will come at a later release date than the skill and a reward shop will be polled separately for it.Warding Guild Afbeelding

A Warding guild brings in the ability to add more content to the skill whilst expanding on the reasoning behind it with new NPCs, lore, and dialogue. This guild will also offer a Silk Cupboard. This silk cupboard acts like a seed vault that stores various pieces of silk. There will also be a bank at this guild that allows easy access for training Warding. Finally, the Warding Guild will offer a permanent catalytic ward and omni altar. The omni altar will allow players to gain omni vis for ring imbues and the catalytic ward will allow players to train Warding without having to make wards. Please note that due to player feedback, combination runes have been removed from the guild and omni altar.

Poll Question #21
If question 1 passes, should we add a Warding Guild as described in the blog? If this question passes, it may come at a later release date than the skill.
Afbeelding

If you're still wondering what Warding is, we have created this short video to explain it. Watch it below.
That's it for Warding! We won't be forcing content into the game purely for the sake of the skill, we'll be polling everything individually so you have a say of what goes in or what doesn't. You'll also notice that all of the poll questions (such as armours, other items, and other content) require the core skill to pass as they tie into Warding in some way. Therefore, should the core skill of Warding not pass, the other questions will be considered to have failed this poll too. We intend to poll Warding this month. Please make sure you have expanded the various sections to see all of the information in the blog including poll questions. We thank you for all the feedback you have provided over the past couple of months. We couldn't have gotten this far without you.

Bot
Forumbot

Last Man Standing Beta Changes

Bericht door Bot »

Last Man Standing Beta Changes

Originele tekst

This week consists of feedback changes to the LMS beta.
AfbeeldingLast Man Standing Beta
Afbeelding
Next week sees the release of Song of the Elves! This is the second main expansion revealed at RuneFest 2018 and includes loads of extra content within the elven city of Prifddinas. As mentioned in last weeks newspost, we won't be adding new content this week so the team can focus on preparing for the big launch. In the meantime, some smaller changes have been made to the currently active LMS beta.Last week we launched a beta to demonstrate and tweak the changes to Last Man Standing described in the State of PvP blog from May. Since then, the beta has proven popular among regular PvPers as well as players just starting to learn how to PK. Shortly after launch, the following hotfixes were made to the LMS beta following initial feedback:
  • The PJ timer was increased to around 20 seconds to give players time to collect loot from bloody keys and prepare for the next fight
  • Crates were fixed to give appropriate ammunition after awarding a Heavy ballista or a Dark bow
  • Starting equipment was removed from the loot after killing another player
  • The initial countdown was increased to give players time to prepare their inventories
  • Karambwans were fixed to heal players correctly
  • Special attack and run energy were updated to fully restore instantly after killing an opponent
  • Dropped food and potions were changed to disappear after 5 seconds
  • Players may only have one Saradomin brew in their inventory at a time
The above changes were possible thanks to Mod Roq and Mod Maz keeping a close eye on feedback right after launch and making changes on the spot to suit the immediate feedback.
Afbeelding
Since then, the team and Mod Roq especially have kept a close eye on the suggestions and prepared the following changes to the beta to go live with this update:
  • Combat is now permitted as soon as the shouted countdown ends. Previously there was a 6 second grace period during which players could move but not fight
  • Players are now given 11 sharks rather than 12 as the basic supplies
  • Ava's accumalator has been removed from the starting equipment after feedback that it was unused
  • The Dragon warhammer was deemed not powerful enough to warrant a place as loot. It has been replaced with a Mages book
  • 6 players will now spawn in each group at the beginning of a game. This will reduce players being the odd one out and not getting a fight at the start
  • The final area has been doubled in size and will now have glowing orbs to indicate its boundary. Some chests have been moved into the newly expanded final areas
  • Dragonstone bolts have been replaced with diamond bolts to reduce the RNG element of the fights
  • More chests have been added to areas that were deemed too few including all final areas
The beta is still ongoing with no confirmed date of closing. If you haven't had a chance to play yet, we encourage you to give it a try if not least for the free practice! Any and all feedback is hugely appreciated and will be used to refine the minigame until the changes are ready to be polled. In particular, we are keen to hear your thoughts on the rewards that were pitched in last weeks game update newspost. Let us know on our social channels what you think of these or if you have any other ideas!Click/tap here to see the proposed LMS rewards
Rewards
Afbeelding
Let's talk rewards. Currently, LMS doesn't offer any rewards outside of the GP prize awarded to winners of high stakes games. This is unusual for a mini-game given that they typically offer rewards that are also useful elsewhere. Below is a list of proposed rewards, most of which have been suggested by the community. Let us know what you think and if you have any ideas of your own, feel free to send them our way!Deadman Armour
Afbeelding
In the currently retired Deadman mode, there was a set of armour that players could purchase for blood money. Unfortunately because the armour wasn't very good and blood money could be farmed, the armour was not widely used. So our first reward idea is to remove the stats from the pieces (top, bottoms, and cape), making the set cosmetic only, and add them to the LMS store. Trouver ParchmentWhile in the Wilderness (under level 20), some untradeable items will break on death instead of being lost. Players can take these broken items to Perdu who will repair them for a fee. In order to encourage use of these items in deeper Wilderness, we propose a consumable scroll that can be handed into Perdu. He would then use it to enchant one of these items. An item enchanted this way would not be lost on death above level 20 Wilderness. Instead, the item will lose its enchantment and be kept in its broken form as if the player had died in under level 20 Wilderness. This will also occur for PvM deaths. In a PvP situation, 75% of the repair fee of the item will be dropped to the floor for the killer as coins.This is expected to widen the range of items used in the rest of the Wilderness. Because players will no longer have to go get these items again and possibly endure the grind again (defender, void etc), you're more likely to see them appear.The cost of the scrolls is subject to balancing and testing.Halos
Afbeelding
For Many years Castle Wars have offered the 3 God Halos as rewards. But what about the other gods? Armadyl, Bandos, Seren, Zaros, and Brassica have been underrepresented in the headwear department. As a result, we would like to offer 5 brand new Halos as rewards. These will have the same stats as the existing halos, but will allow you to support the god of your choosing.XP RewardsFor the top 5 players in any competitive game of Last Man Standing, we would like to offer an XP reward, through a tome or token that can be redeemed in a combat skill of their choice. The XP awarded will be 35 x skill level.This number is subject to balancing through testing and the beta phase.Games Played/Won CosmeticsThese would be similar to the capes awarded for Chambers of Xeric or Theatre of Blood completion milestones. We would like to add two separate versions: one to show games played and another to show games won.3 Speed One-handed weaponFor a long time now OldSchool has had the Event RPG and more recently received the Ham Joint as quick weapons to help train certain pure builds. We would like to offer another weapon to add to this list but one that is a bit more thematic with the regular weapons of Old School. This weapon will attack once every 3 ticks and be one handed.Guthixian Icon/Staff of Balance
Afbeelding
In early 2018, players gained the ability to add a Saradomin's Light to a Staff of the Dead. This added some variety as a high level magic weapon that could cast Saradomin Strike. But what about Guthix?With this reward, players would be able to take the Guthixian Icon to Juna. She would then infuse it into a Staff of the Dead, creating the Staff of Balance,The staff of balance would have the same stats as both the Staff of Light and Staff of the Dead, and be able to cast/autocast Claws of Guthix.BolasThe bolas is a thrown ranged weapon that would require 70 ranged to wield. When a bolas is thrown as an auto-attack, it binds the player for around 10 seconds. It is possible to miss the bind as with other attacks from a weapon. Thrown bolas cannot be retrieved from the ground or by any Ava's device.The bolas will carry the same offensive stats as a rune knife but with an attack speed of 6. The attack range of the bolas is 7. Staff of ParalysisThe Staff of paralysis is a one-handed staff which requires 70 magic to wield. The staff would hold up to 1,000 charges and require 3 Nature, 4 Earth, and 4 Water runes per charge. On each cast, the staff of paralysis would have a 1/10 chance of turning off your opponent's run. The staff would have a maximum damage of 10 and has an attack rate of 5. In LMS only cosmeticsWhen we're good at something, we like to show it off. With this in mind, we want to offer the ability to unlock cosmetic changes to the starting equipment described earlier. For example, you could change your mystic robes to light/dark/dusk, your ranged equipment to gilded, and your rune equipment to any of the god and gilded variants.We have heard your suggestions on some other items, such as moving imbues, Korasi etc. However, with other discussions taking place, we have decided that these may be better suited for other upcoming content.Negative XP Lamps
Afbeelding
One suggestion we've had had been to add negative XP reward lamps as an LMS reward. Since they were last polled, there has been continued demand for and discussion around the topic. These would allow players to remove a small amount of experience (~500xp) from a combat stat below level 50. Doing so means players could 'fix' their accounts by removing unwanted experience. This would be a one-off use per account.These lamps could potentially be used to remove XP awarded from quests, increasing range of account builds possible for PKing. This would open up a range of exciting possibilities to shake up PvP.However, there is also a technical issue to overcome. Currently, XP removal has very strict restrictions built into the game engine to minimise the risk of accidental XP loss, which could be very serious for a player's account. Now that players would be able to trigger it arbitrarily, we would need the engine changed to ease these restrictions while still providing the necessary safety checks. Let us know what you think of the idea. If the suggestion is taken forward, negative XP lamps would be polled again before being added into game. All other rewards above and any that are added will also be polled. Before then, let us know your thoughts and suggestions!
AfbeeldingWarding
Afbeelding
On Monday we posted the second Warding blog with major changes since the last design we pitched to the community. We highly encourage you to give it a read and form your final opinion. The skill will be polled separately from the other features put forward. The poll can be expected to go live this Friday, July 19th.
AfbeeldingSong of the Elves Login Screen Competition
For major releases we typically hold a design competition to allow the community to create a custom login screen. The best entry is then displayed as the in-game login screen upon release. This time around we had a huge number of fantastic entries and the poll to decide the final winner is due to close later today. When the poll has closed, we'll announce the winner from our social channels. If you haven't yet cast your vote, head to the nearest poll booth to take a look!In the meantime, let's take a look at some of the other amazing entries from our shortlist that didn't quite make it to the final four:
AfbeeldingAfbeelding
Rushlash (left) and Tamara (right) depicted the gates to Prifddinas in their designs. Rushlash focused on the crystals woven in to the elven architecture while Tamara showed the missing city behind the gates with a detailed background.
AfbeeldingAfbeelding
Gamez X (left) and Runezilla (right) continued the popular choice of the city gates for their designs. In Gamez X's design, crystal gates and wooden architecture surrounding them are beautifully rendered. Runezilla opted for a more mystical feel with bright glowing colours and luminescent plant life.
Afbeelding
UIM Herblore's design completed the set in its own unique style. We particularly enjoyed the cleverly mirrored lettering on the signposts directing players to Zulandrah to the west and Ardougne to the east.
A massive thanks goes out to everyone who entered the competition! We love to receive your designs and choosing our favourite four to bring to a poll was especially difficult. The video and lore competitions are now also closed. The winner of the video competition will be announced in next week's livestream the day before launch and featured in the update post on Thursday. Players who submitted successful lore entries will have their entries featured in game!
AfbeeldingOther Changes
  • Song of the Elves has been added to the Quest list displaying the requirements for the quest
  • Various unnecessary game messages from candle-stealing on Entrana have been filtered or removed
  • Some incorrect info regarding XP loss for unskulled players in DMM (W45) has been edited
  • A piece of Evil Dave's cellar was removed from the Gnome Stronghold
Afbeelding

Mods Acorn, Archie, Ash, Bruno, Curse, Ed, Gambit, Gee, Ghost, Husky, John C, Kieren, Lenny, Lottie, Maz, Nasty, Roq, Ry, Sween, Tide, Weath, West & Wolf The Old School Team
Bot
Forumbot

RuneFest Theme Revealed!

Bericht door Bot »

RuneFest Theme Revealed!

Originele tekst

AfbeeldingRuneFest Theme Revealed
Afbeelding
RuneFest 2019 will be a blast from the very distant past as visitors take a dangerous journey into the unknown - we hope you all have a penchant for the petrified as we set sail for Fossil Island!

As you're travelling around a real-life slice of the island you can look forward to talks and meetups with the Jmods, loads of panels, a dedicated LAN area, an art area for meeting the creative teams and of course some very big surprise announcements on the main stage. We're also bringing back skill chips!

This year's RuneFest will be the biggest RuneScape fan event ever, and tickets are on sale right now - you can grab yours here! The event itself kicks off on the evening of October 4th and runs through October 5th, beginning at 18:00 on Friday night with a very special community event - the Golden Gnomes! Once again, we're heading to The Farnborough International Exhibition & Conference Centre, just outside London in the UK.

For tips and suggestions on everything from travel to accommodation, check out our dedicated Discord channel, the official RuneFest forum or the community-owned Facebook Group. For now, save the date to make sure you're part of the world's greatest RuneScape fan gathering. We can't wait to see you there!
AfbeeldingOther Changes
Discuss this post on our official forums, the community-led 2007Scape Reddit, or the community-led OSRS Discord in the #runefest channel.Mods Acorn, Archie, Ash, Bruno, Curse, Ed, Gambit, Gee, Ghost, Husky, John C, Kieren, Lenny, Lottie, Maz, Nasty, Roq, Ry, Sween, Tide, Weath, West & WolfThe Old School Team
Bot
Forumbot

Warding Poll Results

Bericht door Bot »

Warding Poll Results

Originele tekst

Warding Poll Results
The Warding poll was closed earlier today at 4:30pm (BST). Since then you've been able to check out the results in the poll booths and on our website.

Firstly, we want to sincerely thank you for taking part. The turnout was massive. With 125,147 number of votes, it was the largest content poll in Old School's history.

The results to question one, with 125,147 amount of votes cast, were:
  • 82,633 (66.4%) said Yes to Warding.
  • 41,726 (33.6%) said No to Warding.
Having failed to reach the 75% approval mark, Warding will not be added to the game.

As with any poll, we're pleased that you got to have your say on any potential content. The polling system is unique and is something to be treasured.

We know you're curious about what the next steps are, and we need to establish that exactly ourselves. We're going to do more digging into whether there's general appetite for a new skill - and if so, what that should look like and how it should be brought into game. We'll also be taking this opportunity to review all three skills polled in Old School's history so far, and how we can get you all involved in design so that any future skills are what you, the community, want. The one thing we will commit to is that we will take you all on this journey with us, bringing forward new ideas and proposals as early in the concept process as possible so that your voice can be heard, and we can make something we're all proud of.

Expect to hear from us in the next couple of months, but right now our efforts are focused on Song of the Elves, Last Man Standing, ongoing QoL changes, and RuneFest!
Afbeelding

The Old School Team
Bot
Forumbot

Song of the Elves

Bericht door Bot »

Song of the Elves

Originele tekst

This week sees the release of Mod Ed's latest grandmaster quest: Song of the Elves!
AfbeeldingSong of the Elves
Congratulations to K 80 for winning the 'Elven Story So Far' video competition!
Spoiler Warning: below is a summary of the elven questline.Our story begins with you, the hero, answering the call to adventure when Edmond, a resident of Ardougne, asks for your aid. By rescuing his daughter Elena from Plague City, the quarantined West Ardougne, you begin to unravel the mystery surrounding the disease. With her help, you discover the plague is a hoax - a plot by King Lathas to section off the West Ardougne. By confronting him, you find out this was done to protect the rest of Gielinor from the threat in the elven lands. The king sends you on a mission to travel through the Underground Pass and help his ally, Lord Iorwerth, in eradicating his brother King Tyras who threatens to revive the mysterious Dark Lord. After an arduous journey through the pass, you meet with Iorwerth and his forces to end Tyras' evil once and for all. Upon your return to Lathas you are intercepted by Arianwyn, a rebel elf who opposes Lord Iorwerth. He informs you of Lathas and Iorwerth's deception. They manipulated you into removing their final opposition and were now free to bring the Dark Lord back to Gielinor for their own intentions. You work with the elven rebellion to discover the purpose of the plague was to disguise the digsite of the long lost Temple of Light. An ancient place that is key to bringing back the Dark Lord. To make amends for your past mistakes and put a halt in King Lathas' and Lord Iorwerth's plans, you solve the intricate light puzzle designed to protect the Death altar within the temple. After sealing off the temple and preventing the return of the Dark Lord, it's now time to turn your attention to King Lathas Lord Iorwerth and end their schemes once and for all in Song of the Elves.
Afbeelding
These are the minimum unboosted stat requirements.
AfbeeldingPrifddinas
Those of you who complete the quest will gain access to the legendary crystal city of Prifddinas! The elven capital has been quietly waiting on the Old School map since 2004 and now the gates are finally being opened for the first time. Prifddinas is bursting with extra content for you to enjoy, the main features of which are brand new PvM and skilling challenges: The Gauntlet and Zalcano.
Afbeelding
Mod Ry and Mod West were the designers of the layout and architecture of the city.
The thriving city comes to life with a number of unique shops and characters. The full glory of elven architecture is on display at the city's center in the form of the Tower of Voices. There is also the magnificent Grand Library for those who wish to delve into the history of Gielinor. Each zone, owned by one of the eight elven clans, has its own feel based on the clan's specialty. For example, the city features a unique Agility course, courtesy of the Hefin clan. For the Mining and Smithing experts among you, the mines beneath the Trahaern clan area may take your fancy. We have taken this opportunity to expand on the area around Prifddinas too. The new elven town of Gwenith has been added to the north east to add to the depth of the elven part of Gielinor.
Afbeelding
AfbeeldingThe Gauntlet
The newest challenge for PvM is finally here. We present to you, The Gauntlet. This training ground was designed by the elves to train their mightiest warriors during the God Wars will be open to anyone who proves their worth and unlocks the city. Inside, you enter a race against time to collect the materials you need to prepare youself for the final fight. Forge your own crystal armour and weaponry by defeating crystalline monsters and gathering resources before facing the terrifying crystalline Hunllef. A huge shoutout goes to Mod Lenny whose development of a system to randomly generate rooms as you explore was key to making the Gauntlet happen. This challenge is open to Ultimate Ironman accounts - an NPC at the Gauntlet entrance will hold your items for you and return them at the end of your attempt. Hardcore Ironman accounts beware: deaths in the Gauntlet will remove your Hardcore status!
Afbeelding
The Crystalline Hunllef designed by Mod Ghost
Defeating the boss offers you a chance to receive crystal armour for use outside of the Gauntlet or even the powerful Blade of Saeldor. Open the drop down menus below for a further look at the stats and effects of both of these rewards:
Afbeelding
Crystal armour created by Mod Gee and the Blade of Saeldor created by Mod Ry
Click here for details about crystal armourCompleting the Gauntlet will provide a chance of gaining tradeable Crystal armour seeds. These can be combined with Crystal shards to create pieces of the new ranged crystal armour set. This requires 70 Defence and 50 Agility to equip.Crystal armour will degrade into an uncharged version, however its stats won't decrease until it is uncharged. Charges will be lost as hits are taken while wearing the armour; each hit removes one charge. Charges can be added by using Crystal shards on either charged or uncharged versions of the armour. Each shard provides 100 charges with each armour piece holding up to 5,000 charges. Each piece of freshly made armour starts with 2,500 charges. Both charged and uncharged pieces of armour can be dismantled at any time. Doing so will return the crystal armour seed but any Crystal shards will be lost. Below are the stats of crystal armour. It also has a set effect: when all three pieces are worn, you will receive a 15% damage boost and a 30% accuracy boost to the Crystal bow. This applies partially when wearing individual pieces of the set. This means a 3% damage boost is given for each item worn with an extra 6% if the full set is worn, giving 15% in total. Similarly, a 6% accuracy boost is given for each piece worn with an extra 12% if the full set is worn, giving 30% in total.
Afbeelding
Because crystal armour is untradeable and can only be made in Prifddinas, it requires Song of the Elves to equip. A dangerous death in PvP will cause crystal armour pieces to revert to their seeds which would then be dropped for the killer. Any Crystal shards will be lost. The table below shows the requirements to create crystal armour. Players who do not meet the level requirements can pay an elf in Prifddinas to create the armour for them at a cost of 60 additional Crystal shards per piece of armour.
Afbeelding
Click here for details about the Blade of SaeldorCompleting the Gauntlet also offers a rare chance of receiving the Blade of Saeldor, the slash weapon equivalent of the Ghrazi rapier, in it's broken state. This form is tradeable but unusable and can only be repaired with Crystal shards. Each Crystal shard grants 25 charges up to a limit of 2,500 charges. Once repaired, it will slowly degrade, losing a charge with each attack. If lost in PvP, the broken blade will be dropped and all shards will be lost. The blade requires 75 attack to equip and has an attack speed of 4 (in line with other swords). Its stats are shown below:
Afbeelding
AfbeeldingZalcano
The Hunllef is not the only powerful foe that lies beneath the city. The skillers among you who want to put your Mining, Smithing and Runecraft skills to the test may do so by facing Zalcano. Defeating her will offer you rewards in the form of skilling resources. She also has a rare chance to drop Crystal tool seeds which can be used to make Crystal picks, axes and harpoons.
Afbeelding
Zalcano is a powerful demon trapped by the elves at the time of the God Wars.
If you are interested in learning more about Zalcano and how she came to be trapped by the Trahaearn clan, visit the Grand Library to uncover her past. For more information on the crystal tools, open the drop down menu below:Click here for details about the crystal toolsZalcano is designed to be a challenge for earning new rewards rather than a new training method and as such only grants token amounts of experience. Her loot table contains gems, ores and a unique item: the Crystal tool seed.Crystal tool seeds may be combined with Crystal shards to create three new pieces of equipment. Crystal tool seeds are tradeable but the equipment itself is not.The three new tools are the Crystal pickaxe, Crystal axe and Crystal harpoon. Each one is made by combining a crystal tool seed with 120 Crystal shards and the corresponding piece of dragon equipment. Doing this requires 76 Smithing and 76 Crafting. Players who do not meet the level requirements may pay an elf in Prifddinas to create the tools for them. This will cost 60 additional Crystal shards per tool.
Afbeelding
These new items require level 71 in the respective skills to use and offer faster gathering speeds than their dragon counterparts. The items require 70 Attack and 50 Agility to equip and retain the equipped stats and special attacks of their dragon counterparts.Crystal tools degrade in the same way crystal armour does, eventually reverting into an uncharged version. You can add more charges by using Crystal shards on either charged or uncharged versions of the tools. Each Crystal shard provides 100 charges and each tool holds up to 20,000 charges in total. A freshly made tool starts with 10,000 charges. Charges are lost as items are gathered, with each item removing one charge (for example, mining one ore removes one charge). This doesn't include extra items obtained through bonuses like the Varrock Armour. Both charged and uncharged tools can be dismantled at any time. Doing so will return the Crystal tool seed and relevant dragon item but any Crystal shards will be lost.Crystal Pickaxe: this has a 1/4 chance to mine an ore one tick faster than the Rune pickaxe (up from 1/6 for the Dragon pickaxe)Crystal Axe: this is 15% more efficient at chopping logs than the Rune axe (up from 10% for the Dragon axe)Crystal Harpoon: this has a 35% faster catch rate when fishing at a harpoon fishing spot (up from 20% for the Dragon harpoon)Because crystal tools are untradeable and can only be made in Prifddinas, they require completion of Song of the Elves to use.A dangerous death in PvP causes Crystal tools to revert to their dragon equivalents which are then be dropped for the killer. Any Crystal shards will be lost.
AfbeeldingOther Activities
Completing activities around Prifddinas will reward you with Crystal shards. These are used to charge various pieces of equipment but more on that later! The drop down menus below give further details about the smaller activities you can try out around the city. Also make sure to look out for easter eggs and extra content hidden in the city and surrounding areas!Click here for details about the Agility courseThe Hefin clan have a strong focus on harmony and their time is often spent meditating. However, through their teachings on bettering oneself, they also focus on improving their body through Strength and Agility. To help train their agility, the Hefin clan has created a new Agility course that works different to the ones found throughout Gielinor.For completing the quest, they want to offer you the chance to use their new agility course. The course requires 75 Agility and offers approximately 56k Agility xp/hr at level 90 Agility. It features shortcuts that bypass small sections. However, the available shortcut moves each lap and will be different for every player. These shortcuts increase the maximum potential xp/hr at level 90 to 62k. Click here for details about the Iorwerth Dungeon
Afbeelding
The Iorwerth clan are a clan of warriors and slayers. As such, they have a unique training dungeon that allows them to train whenever they want. For completing the quest, they will offer you access to their elite training dungeon. Once you have gained access to this dungeon, Konar will be able to assign Slayer tasks there. This dungeon is not slayer task only, but it is single way combat and allows cannons. There are multiple rooms containing the following:
  • 9 Dark Beasts
  • 12 Kurasks
  • 9 Nechryaels
  • 9 Bloodvelds
  • 12 Waterfiends
  • 6 Moss Giants
The Dark Beasts in the Kourend Catacombs have been removed for thematic reasons.Click here for details about the the Crystal tree patch
Afbeelding
The Crwys clan are expert farmers and woodcutters. They help provide much of the food needed in Prifddinas and help to supply other plant based resources such as wood. After stumbling upon a Crystal acorn, the Crwys clan found new ways to gain Crystal shards through farming. For completing the quest, they want to offer you the opportunity to farm your own Crystal trees. This unique Crystal tree farming patch will require a Crystal acorn and 74 Farming to plant. Crystal acorns are untradeable but can be obtained from a nearby NPC in exchange for other crystal seeds. They can be stored in the Seed Vault. This NPC will accept the following:
  • Crystal tool seeds
  • Crystal armour seeds
  • Crystal weapon seed ("Crystal seeds" in game)
Note: the Crystal teleport seeds (formerly "Tiny elf crystals") were removed from the list for balancing.Crystal trees take roughly 8 hours to grow and have no chance of becoming diseased or dying. Once fully grown, they can be harvested with an axe. This will empty the patch, granting Crystal shards and occasional nests. It will offer the chance to obtain the Farming skill pet.The tree grants 126 Farming XP when planted and 13,240 Farming XP when harvested.Click here for details about the enhanced crystal chest
Afbeelding
When the Trahaearn clan aren't studying the demon Zalcano, they are creating new items and weapons through the means of smithing. They've figured out that you can take an existing Crystal key and upgrade it with Crystal shards through smithing and crafting to unlock some extra rewards. For completing the quest, they want to teach you their elite blacksmithing ways in order for you to access an upgraded version of the Crystal Chest with higher value rewards found in Prifddinas. Like the Taverley chest, this new Crystal Chest will always give an Uncut dragonstone and some extra items (armour, runes, coins, gems). To open it, you will need an enhanced Crystal key. This can be made by combining a normal Crystal key with 10 Crystal shards requiring 80 Smithing and 80 Crafting. If you don't meet these requirements you can pay a nearby elf 15 Crystal shards to make one for you.Click here for details about the Crystal implings
Afbeelding
Being the expert hunters that the Cadarn clan are, they have spotted a wild impling that is only attracted to the crystal structures inside Prifddinas. As a friend of the elves for completing the quest, they want to offer you a chance to catch this rare Crystal impling. It will only spawn in Prifddinas, requiring 80 Hunter to catch with a net or 90 Hunter to catch barehanded. They have their own loot table of elven themed items including a unique reward - the Elven Signet.The Elven Signet is a new tradeable ring that when worn, offers a 5% chance to not use a charge when using crystal items (armour, tools weapons, etc.). The ring's effect will not apply to the Blade of Saeldor described later in the post.Click here for details about divine potions
Afbeelding
The Meilyr clan are a clan of chefs, scientists, and explorers. They experiment heavily with the produce provided by other clans to create potions, foods, and other supplies for the city. In a recent experiment, the Meilyr clan found that by grinding up Crystal shards and adding them to various potions, they could create concoctions they like to call "Divine Potions". For completing the quest, they want to offer you the ability to use a pestle and mortar on Crystal shards to create Crystal dust for 10 dust per shard. This dust can be used on various potions to create their 'Divine' versions at a very low XP rate of 0.5 XP per potion dose made or 2XP per potion. Divine potions have the same effects as the base potion but renew it's effect every 15 seconds for 5 minutes.They drain 10 Hitpoints when drunk, and the damage will not be healed at the end of the 5 minutes. When the potion effect expires, you will be put straight back to base level. The potions are tradeable but the dust is not.

Below is an example of how the Divine potion's renewal effect works:
Provided that your Strength level is 99, drinking a divine super combat potion will boost that level to 118. The renew effect will ensure that it won't drop below 118 for 5 minutes. If, however, the stat is reduced by either an NPC, spell, or a potion such as a Saradomin brew, the effect won't renew the stat back to 118, and will instead begin renewing the stat at the level it's been lowered to.

If a Saradomin brew reduced the strength level from 118 to 105. The renewal effect will now begin renewing to level 105 but won't renew higher than that unless drinking another strength stat boosting potion.

Drinking a restore or Sanfew serum potion will not boost the stat any higher after it has been reduced. However, it is possible to maintain the renewal effect by drinking another potion that boosts the stat, and if this happens the renewal timer will continue and expire after the 5 minutes. This will not extend the original timer.The effects of Divine potions would not be sharable via the Boost Potion Share spell on the Lunar spellbook.The available divine potions are:
  • Divine Super Attack Potion - 70 Herblore
  • Divine Super Strength Potion - 70 Herblore
  • Divine Super Defence Potion - 70 Herblore
  • Divine Ranging Potion - 74 Herblore
  • Divine Magic Potion - 78 Herblore
  • Divine Super combat Potion - 97 Herblore
Click here for details about infinite teleport crystals
Afbeelding
The Amlodd clan are a clan of mystics. Though their magical prowess means that many of them will fight as part of the military, they prefer to use their abilities in more non-combat roles. As such, they discovered a way to create an Infinite teleport crystal and have given these to all the elves in Prifddinas. However, these elves won't give up their infinite teleport crystals so easily. After completing the quest, if you want to get your hands on an Inifite teleport crystal you will have to kill or pickpocket the elves, to have a rare chance of them providing the Infinite teleport crystal. This will be tradeable but can only be used if you have completed Song of the Elves.
AfbeeldingCrystal Weaponry
Afbeelding
In the second poll for Song of the Elves, we offer the following change which subsequently passed and will go live with this update:"Should stat degradation be removed from crystal bows, shields and halberds? This would mean that normal crystal weapons will act like imbued versions. Crystal weapon imbues will be removed from the Nightmare Zone shop if this question passes. Crystal seeds will be removed from Zulrah's drop table regardless of the outcome of this question."Upon logging in, existing crystal items will be converted to a new system. This means that any crystal bows, shields and halberds in your bank will be converted to crystal weapon seeds, which can then be traded to Ilfeen for the relevant item back with its charges. Any nightmare zone points lost in the process will be refunded. All crystal items outside of the bank should convert naturally.
AfbeeldingCompetitions
Earlier this month we ran three competitions to celebrate the release of Song of the Elves. They were the lore video, login screen and lore writing. We received many entries for each competition and want to thank everyone for their amazing submissions!
Lore Video
Afbeelding
We tasked both established and budding content creators to make a video themed around the elven questline building up to Song of the Elves. We received a wide range of entries from comedic to informative and greatly enjoyed watching them all. The prizewinners are:1st place: K 80 - who submitted a hilarious animated short which is featured at the top of this post.2nd place: Turtletale - who entered a narrative of the hero's story from the perspective of an elven citizen of Prifddinas.3rd place: DrPickle - whose comedic video was a series of elven questline themed shows and ads.Check out the videos submitted by our winners above by clicking on their display names! You can also see the videos of the players below who we'd like to give a special mention:
Login Screen
Player artists were challenged with designing the login screen for this release earlier this month. The competition was fierce and the Old School team had a difficult time picking their favourites. After we picked our top four, they were polled in game and the players have spoken:
Afbeelding
1st place: God Of Onion
Afbeelding
2nd place: Dagna
Afbeelding
3rd place: Player Owned
Afbeelding
4th place: FaydeneDore
A special congratulations goes to God Of Onion for winning two login screen competitions in a row! Their previous artwork featured Mount Karuulm for the launch of the Kebos Lowlands.Click here to see other entries that made the shortlistWe would also like to thank the following players who made the shortlist for their submissions:
Afbeelding
Gamez X
Afbeelding
Runezilla
Afbeelding
Rushlash
Afbeelding
Tamara
Afbeelding
UIM Herblore
Lore Submissions
We also want to thank the many players who submitted their lore suggestions! We received so many that unfortuantely not all of them could be added but we would like to highlight the following players whose entries have become canon and are now featured in the Grand Library:
Afbeelding
  • AesirWarrior
  • Bob1010102
  • Chapeau_42
  • Kushcleric
  • Mr Farenheit
  • Rallis
  • Spineweilder
  • Sundays
  • Thaumar
Each of these authors are credited in the Tower of Voices itself as a means of thanks for their submissions.
The Gauntlet
As of now, the final competition has begun. As a race against time, this PvM challenge seemed fitting for our final competition. So in our Song of the Elves progress blog, we announced the Gauntlet race. The three players with the top personal best Gauntlet completion times within two weeks of launch will be crowned the winners. Good luck to everyone who will be competing for the grand prize of the custom Old School RuneScape GT Omega Pro Gaming Chair!
Afbeelding
Congratulations again to all of our winners and thank you to everyone who entered. Current winners can expect to be contacted regarding their prizes in the coming days and the Gauntlet competition winners will hear from us shortly after it closes.
AfbeeldingSpecial Thanks
In addition to our competition entrants and lore writers, we would like to extend some additional thanks. These namely go to players who play tested Song of the Elves and helped us reach our vision for the quest. These thanks go to:
  • 7i
  • Adwam
AyizaCloud BadassFiariaGingerBeardieJakeyosaurusKnightenatorLuthien T2MmorpgRSDKHOOVLScotsmanSettledSick NerdSkiddlerSonicSorrowspellThurcoWe would also like to especially thank Mod Ian, Mod Surma, and Mod Slippers, the Audio Designers who helped bring the content to life with their music tracks and sound effects throughout the quest and Prifddinas. The same thanks are extended to all the Mods who support the Old School team, which allows us to create content such as Song of the Elves.Lastly, we'd like to thank you, the players. Enjoy the quest.~ The Song of the Elves team, Mods Curse, Ed, Gee, Ghost, Lenny, Ry, and West
AfbeeldingThe Merch Store
To celebrate the launch of the quest, we're adding a range of elven goodies in our merch store!The latest designs from AngelsScapes are now available and include the Crystal Halberd Keyring, Crystal Bow Pin, Trimmed and Untrimmed Ranged Skill Cape Keyrings and Ardougne Max Cape.For those complete the quest, why not celebrate by equipping your own Quest Cape IRL by snag one of the Untrimmed Quest Cape Keyrings launching this month to join the already popular Trimmed Quest Capes!
Afbeelding
We're also releasing two new skillcape keyrings: Ranged and trimmed Ranged. You will now find these in addition to the Song of the Elves merch above in the store. Keep an eye on our Twitter @OldSchoolRS and other social channels for other additions coming soon such as our RuneFest 2019 hoodies and tees which will be available for pre-order shortly.On the topic of future merch, we may also release a line of Old School themed mugs if there is sufficient demand. Let us know what you think of the idea and vote for your favourite from these concepts in this poll.
AfbeeldingAfbeelding
AfbeeldingOther News
Afbeelding
The PvP World Rota is switching over to Period A. On the east of the Atlantic, host the Bounty Hunter world (W318, UK) and the High Risk PvP world (W343, Germany). On the west of the Atlantic, host the Standard PvP world (W324, USA) and the F2P PvP world (W417, USA).
  • A bug affecting mobile users setting a display name in the tutorial was fixed.
  • One of Sherlock's challenges has had its instructions clarified.
  • Damage from the Haunted Mine boss fight scenery will no longer be applied to players who've left the room.
  • In the Last Man Standing beta, the supplies have been adjusted. The Ancient staff is no longer given; instead, players are given Ahrim's staff and an Occult necklace. Death no longer causes deletion of spare diamond bolts.
Afbeelding
Let us know your feedback on the quest and surrounding content on the official forums, the community-led 2007Scape Reddit, or the community-led OSRS Discord in the #song-of-the-elves channel. For reference on the above content, check out the official Wiki.Mods Acorn, Archie, Ash, Bruno, Curse, Ed, Gambit, Gee, Ghost, Husky, John C, Kieren, Lenny, Lottie, Maz, Nasty, Roq, Ry, Sween, Tide, Weath, West & Wolf The Old School Team
Bot
Forumbot

Song of the Elves: Day One Report

Bericht door Bot »

Song of the Elves: Day One Report

Originele tekst

AfbeeldingSong of the Elves - Day One Report
Yesterday saw the second major release for Old School this year: Song of the Elves! We'd like to thank everybody for their feedback, which we will continue to act upon as it comes in. Remember: if you encounter any bugs, report them in game by right-clicking or long-pressing the Report button.
Afbeelding
Since we released the quest:
  • It has been completed 15,044 times.
  • The Gauntlet has been completed 32,864 times.
  • Players have died in the Gauntlet 57,139 times.
  • The Corrupted Gauntlet has been completed 935 times.
  • Players have died in the Corrupted Gauntlet 12,566 times.
  • Players have defeated Zalcano 18,577 times.
  • Zalcano has defeated 17,866 players.
  • Players have run a total of 35,369 laps on the Agility course.
The above stats are accurate as of 14:00 BST 26/07/2019.
AfbeeldingElena's Chathead
For those who are not aware, "chathead" refers to the talking head that appears for an NPC or the player character next to their dialogue. Many players have expressed concerns over the style of Elena's chathead which was updated with the release of the quest. Some of you felt that this change was too different from the original and no longer fit the Old School aesthetic. In response to your feedback, Mod Gee has designed a chathead that is similar to the original while still improving certain aspects. We will run an opinion poll alongside the release of this post to decide which you would like to see in-game:
Afbeelding
The old chathead from before Song of the Elves.
Afbeelding
The new chathead currently in game.
Afbeelding
The proposed chathead.
Poll Question #1
In the Day One Report for Song of the Elves we proposed a chathead for Elena that improves upon the old version but is not as different as the current version. Which of Elena's chatheads do you prefer: the old version, the current version or the proposed version?Options:
  • The old version
  • The current version
  • The proposed version
We're also aware of a number of other chatheads belonging to certain elves that received similar feedback. Let us know in the song-of-the-elves room in the Old School Discord server as well as on this Reddit thread and our Twitter how you feel about them. Bear in mind that it would look very odd for pre-existing elves to look different from the many new ones they interact with during Song of the Elves.
AfbeeldingHotfixes
Afbeelding
Below is the list of hotfixes that have already been deployed as a result of initial feedback and bug reports. Many of these happened yesterday shortly after launch and others took place today:
  • Puzzle items are now removed from players who have finished the light puzzle.
  • Reverting a crystal item now deletes the one selected rather than the first one in your inventory.
  • XP given at the Agility shortcuts in the dungeon has been reduced.
  • At some points during the quest, the player is unable to talk to Eluned and Ilfeen about recharging crystal items. The elven scouts found in the forest will now do this on their behalf.
  • The login message given when players have changes made to their crystal items has been given a different colour to draw more attention.
  • The Prifddinas respawn point has been moved into a safe zone on PvP worlds.
  • A point in MEP2 where the only way to get to the Death Altar was via the Abyss was changed so that players in this state can now use the light doors again.
  • One of the pillars in the Warped Library didn't give out light when a fractured crystal was put in it. This has been fixed.
  • Players who had clicked out of dialogue with Eluned during Mourning's End Part I were unable to continue the quest. This is now fixed.
  • The tunnel between the Temple of Light and the Underground Pass can't be used at some points of the quest. This is a bit inconvenient, so we've changed it so it can still be used.
  • The Hosidius Spirit Tree was taking players to the Farming Guild when teleported to. This has been fixed.
  • A trapdoor was accidently mapped down in the Grand Library. It has been removed.
  • Players previously had to unlock the Ardougne teleport to start Song of the Elves. This requirement has been removed.
  • Using any item on a door in the Waterfall Dungeon would tell the player they used a key to unlock it. This message is now only given when they use the actual key.
  • The previous way to reclaim the Iban's Staff was removed. We've now added a new way to reclaim it by talking to Koftik.
  • Prior to the update, players could run behind the city of Prifddinas. This area now requires quest completion to access.
AfbeeldingPlanned Changes
In addition to the above bug fixes, there are more changes we'd like to make in the coming weeks. The changes below are based on feedback you've given and how we're seeing you interact with the content.
Afbeelding
  • We'd like to add a world map for the Warped Library to allow players to better navigate it.
  • We'd like to expand the Gauntlet stats interface so that it shows both Personal and Global numbers of deaths for both the standard and corrupted versions.
  • We'd like to let you fight the Fragment of Seren after completing the quest, similar to how you can choose to re-fight Galvek following Dragon Slayer II. This would be a safe fight, accessed via the Tower of Voices which would record the best Personal and Global kill times.
  • We'd like to make it possible for you to rewatch the cutscenes from the quest since you've been telling us how much you've enjoyed the quest playthrough.
  • We're going to further optimise the Warped Library to address the framerate issues that some players are reporting.
  • We're going to allow new crystal weapons (from Islwyn or the singing bowl) to act as stackable when in the bank. Weapons used in combat, or with charges added, would separate from the stack of unused weapons. This would allow players to store multiple crystal weapons without taking up so much bank space.
We're continuing to monitor feedback on the Gauntlet and Zalcano loot tables and will adjust them accordingly if needed.
We also have two proposed changes we'd like to poll alongside the Elena chathead opinion poll. They are as follows:Poll Question #2
Currently the Agility course in Prifddinas provides 60k XP per hour at level 90 Agility without using the shortcuts. Should this be increased to 66k XP per hour?Poll Question #3
Currently players can obtain Crystal shards faster than intended at a rate of approximately 100 per hour. Should the rate of Crystal shards be increased from other activities to match? If this question fails, the rate of shards obtained from Zalcano will be reduced to approximately 50 per hour to be in line with other methods.
Afbeelding
Bot
Forumbot

Golden Gnome Awards Finalists

Bericht door Bot »

Golden Gnome Awards Finalists

Originele tekst

AfbeeldingGolden Gnome Finalists
The finalist vote for this year's Golden Gnomes are now open! Every year the Golden Gnomes recognise the very best community talent across RuneScape, Old School RuneScape and the wider community. This year The Golden Gnomes take place on the opening night of RuneFest 2019, at 18:00 on Friday October 4th. Not got your ticket yet? Then what are you waiting for - you can grab yours here!

Voting for your favourite has never been easier - simply visit this survey link or download the Official RuneFest App from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and vote there! Voting closes on the August 1st at 12:00am GMT.

Two weeks ago we received over 5,000 nominations for Golden Gnome Awards. We received the votes, tallied them up, and now it's up to you to decide which finalist should win. The final winners will be revealed live at the Golden Gnome Awards at RuneFest on Friday October 4th.

The nominees for this year are as follows:
AfbeeldingVideo Awards
Best New RuneScape Video Maker
  • DarkWorldOrder
  • Elyem
  • Silenced
  • RSGalaxyshark
Best New OSRS Video Maker
  • J1mmy
  • lsmokey
  • OnlyTrials
  • Tedious
Best RuneScape Video Maker
  • Maikeru
  • ProtoxxGaming
  • RsWillMissIt
  • Tonix RS
Best OSRS Video Maker
  • Rendi
  • Settled
  • LinksOcarina and Rargh
  • EVscape
RuneScape Video of the Year
  • "RuneScape Historical Timeline 1998-2018" by RSWillMissit
  • "A lot has Changed - RuneScape 3 Series (Episode 1)" by DarkWorldOrder
  • "RuneScape Telos Anime Opening" by Karil Chan
  • "When RuneScape Players go Farming IRL" by TheRealScaperz
OSRS Video of the Year
  • "$1000 OSRS Battle Royale" by EVscape
  • "I Locked my Ultimate Ironman Account in Morytania" by Settled
  • "The 18 Combat Fire Cape Journey" by Rendi
  • "Swampletics Exposed" by Lilsmokey
AfbeeldingStreaming Awards
Best New RuneScape Streamer
  • DylanTheGoon
  • FoxxTickles
  • LoadFix
  • RSNate
Best New OSRS Streamer
  • Ayiza
  • Itwill_rs
  • Roidie
  • Xzactrs
Best RuneScape Streamer
  • iTrolledU
  • TheRSGuy
  • Wazzy
  • Maikeru
Best OSRS Streamer
  • Sparcmac
  • MrMammal
  • Faux
  • SickNerd
AfbeeldingArt Awards
Best New RuneScape Artist
  • Brassica Prime
  • Willoway
  • Grommy Art
  • Enkoro
Best New OSRS Artist
  • 7th Sleeper
  • Lazy_Slav
  • Auenke
  • Vaaritu
Best Artistic Creation
  • "Thank you for your Service Mod Mat K" by Zuhaar, Grommy Art, and 7th Sleeper
  • Corbicula Sculpture by Magenixy
  • "Fishing at Barb Village" by ClubPeter
  • Grand Exchange Sculpture by Claycapes
Best Artist
  • PlushieTum
  • Zuhaar
  • Dagna
  • God Of Onion
We want to take this moment to congratulate everyone who was nominated. We hope you continue to make content whether it be videos, livestreams, drawings, or paintings and put yourself out there for the next Golden Gnome Awards. Your content helps bring the community closer together and we couldn't have a Golden Gnome Awards ceremony without you. We're so lucky to have such passionate and talented fans, and we can't wait to see you all to celebrate in October. The very best of luck to the finalists!

Please note: Cosplay Awards will be voted on live at RuneFest on Saturday during the Cosplay Parade.
Afbeelding
Bot
Forumbot

SOTE Changes and Small Game Updates

Bericht door Bot »

SOTE Changes and Small Game Updates

Originele tekst

This week sees the release of feedback changes following the Song of the Elves quest release and some updates from the Small In-Game Improvements poll.
Afbeelding
Song of the Elves
Afbeelding
The following changes have been made following the release of the Song of the Elves quest based on player feedback:

NPC Changes
  • Zalcano's reward calculations have now been improved.
  • The Crystalline and Corrupted Hunllef has been altered slightly: Ranged will always be the first attack style, damage has been increased when praying incorrectly (or not at all), and damage has been reduced when praying correctly. Note: as this will affect the competition please see the 'Gauntlet Competition' section below for more information.
  • The seemingly innocent rabbit in Gwenith can no longer be blocked by a player.
  • The skeletons and zombies in Glarial's tomb have returned from vacation.
  • Moss Guardians will once again attack as expected if you get too close.
Zalcano's Reward Calculations
Players who contribute a fair amount now receive a drop on Zalcano's better loot table. The quantities of items received scale based how much they have contributed. Everybody above a certain threshold of contributing will also have a chance of receiving any of the unique drops, including the pet. This chance scales based on much a player has contributed. The MVP still receives Zalcano's additional drop, but from the "lesser" drop table - closing the previously wide gap between the highest contributor and everybody else. This design is aimed to maintain the incentive to be the highest contributor but improve the fairness of the system.Quest Changes
  • Opening the world map within the Grand Library during Song of the Elves now displays a map of all levels.
  • A pillar in the Grand Library from Song of the Elves which let you place a mirror in an incorrect position has been fixed.
  • The doors in the Mourner hideout can be opened without requiring a key after completing the battle of West Ardougne during Song of the Elves.
  • Baxtorian now prompts you to reclaim items if you die in the final battles of the Song of the Elves quest.
  • Various typos in the Song of the Elves quest dialogue have been fixed.
  • A missing tinderbox spawn in the Dwarf Camp in the Underground Pass has now been found.
  • The changes to fail rates of the obstacles within the Underground Pass have been reverted.
Prifddinas Changes
  • A crystal impling will no longer hide away between some trees in Prifddinas.
  • You can no longer remove bonds from the pouch while in the Gauntlet.
  • Players can now make crystal harpoons through crystal singing provided they have the correct items to make it.
  • Three chinchompas have escaped from Gwenith and the remaining spawns have been moved slightly.
  • You can now trade noted seeds with Pennant.
  • Pennant now has a 'don't ask again' option.
  • The Prifddinas gardener has regained his sense of direction and now properly describes his north and south allotments.
Polled Changes
  • Elena's chathead has been changed to the variant that was selected in the recent opinion poll.
  • The Agility Course XP rates have been increased to 60k xp/hr at level 90 when not using shortcuts and to 66k xp/hr at level 90 when using shortcuts.
Other Changes
  • Dom Onion's interface no longer mentions crystal imbues.
  • Crystal shields and armour no longer degrade when taking a 0 hit.
  • The Crystal Acorn and Crystal Sapling can now be placed in the Seed Vault.
  • Crystal implings have been added to the impling tracker. This is accessible via right clicking on nets.
  • A chat message and a sound effect now play when a divine potion effect expires.
  • The strength bonus for Dragonstone Gauntlets has been lowered from +8 to +4.
  • The Smithing guide for the eternal teleport crystal has been updated.
  • A clue scroll step involving bowing near Lord Iorwerth has been changed to bowing at the Iorwerth Camp.
  • The elven skirt no longer stretches when performing certain animations.
  • Monsters within the gauntlet no longer drop loot from the Deadman loot table on Deadman worlds.
Afbeelding
We plan to look at the following in the coming weeks:
  • Warped Library optimization for better frame-rates and loading times.
  • Stackable crystal weaponry.
  • Quest cutscene replayability.
  • Quest boss fight replayability.
  • Addition of elves to Nightmare Zone after quest completion.
  • Gauntlet death statistics.
  • Ability to add Knight of Ardougne armour to the POH.
We would like to thank you for the feedback you have given us thus far. As stated in our Day One Report, we will look to poll other graphical changes such as the Dragonstone armour set and the Elven models soon. We are also still reviewing loot tables for Zalcano and the Gauntlet and are open to making changes in the future.
Afbeelding
The Gauntlet Competition
Afbeelding
The period following a release is vital in terms of monitoring feedback and engagement to inform the balancing of new content. With this in mind, there are a number of changes we'd like to make to the Gauntlet.

We do not want to challenge the integrity of the ongoing Gauntlet competition, so to allow us to make necessary changes, and to reward the performance of players from the past week, we're going to make the following changes to determine who wins the four prizes.
  • Chair 1 will be awarded for the fastest normal Gauntlet PRE-change
  • Chair 2 will be awarded for the fastest Corrupted Gauntlet PRE-change
  • Chair 3 will be awarded for the fastest normal Gauntlet POST-change
  • Chair 4 will be awarded for the fastest Corrupted Gauntlet POST-change
It's apparent that a player could win more than one category. In that eventuality we'd only reward the player for one of the prize categories. We'd publicly proclaim that player as the winner of other categories, but in terms of prizing we'd reward the earliest category that the player claimed and look to reward another player. As an example:

If a player claims the Corrupted record at 2pm Monday and the Normal record at 4pm Monday. We'd reward the player for the Corrupted record, and we'd look to reward another player for the other record set. We'd reward the next fastest in the other category, which is the Normal category in this example.
Afbeelding
Small In-Game Improvements
Following the Small In-Game Improvements and February QoL polls, we've implemented some of the updates below:Fletching Animations
Afbeelding
Animations have been added for when a player tips arrows, bolts and darts, and adds feathers to shafts. These animations will not affect the rate at which you do actions and will not prevent movement or other actions such as doing Agility while Fletching.

Reduce Chaos Elemental Respawn Timer
Afbeelding
The Chaos Elemental now spawns substantially quicker - from 2.5 minutes to 60 seconds.Volcanic Mine Quick Start
Afbeelding
Players can now right-click quick pay to enter the Volcanic Mine.Multiple Locator Orbs
Afbeelding
Ava will now offer multiple locator orbs after completion of Dragon Slayer II.
Afbeelding
In Other News
The Last Man Standing beta has closed - thanks to everyone who's spent their time playing it and sending advice for improving it. In the coming weeks we'll be working on the various features that have been suggested, leading to a re-launch in the autumn (of 2019). We may also bring back the beta before that time, so that players can help us test an engine change involving line-of-sight.
  • Players can no longer avoid Sarachnis' web attack.
  • The ambient sound effects in the Forthos Dungeon have been updated.
  • A grammar error has been corrected in the reward messages from beginner clue scrolls.
  • Blocking has been added to an awkward tile upstairs in Varrock Palace where players kept getting stuck.
  • The battlemage potion has been realigned with the other potions in the bank.
Stay tuned in the coming weeks for the Smithing interface rework!
Afbeelding
We advise that if you run into any bugs, please ensure you report them in-game by right clicking or long pressing the "Report" button in the bottom of the chat box. You can read more about how to report a bug in Old School here.
Afbeelding

Plaats reactie