In the Twisted League, you'll play an ironman (or ironwoman), locked to the Kourend and Kebos regions. Set out on an all new kind of challenge, thinking outside of the box while you attempt to unlock as many points as possible for relics and rewards. Set yourself apart from the rest, or just try out an exciting new way to play the game you love.
Old School RuneScape Twisted League will last for two months from the initial release date. Everyone participating in the league will start off as a fresh account on a separate game world. To customise your gameplay, you will be given the option to pick a relic from the very start. The more tasks you complete, the more points you get, and the more relics you can unlock.
Below is a sneak peek of the the Twisted League specifics. We recommend you expand each section fully.
Kourend and Kebos Locked
You will be restricted to the Kourend and Kebos regions only. Any successful attempt to escape from Kourend and Kebos will get you teleported back to the respawn point.
- The respawn location is set to Kourend Castle
- Ports aside from the one that takes you from one end of Kourend and Kebos to the other will not work
- All teleports will only work if the destination is within Kourend and Kebos
- The Ancient and Lunar spellbooks will not be accessible
- All clues obtained will only have steps that can be completed within Kourend and Kebos
You will be set as an ironman or ironwoman upon account creation. This is not changeable.
- No trading will take place between players
- Shops will have increased supplies and accelerated restocking rates to accommodate the number of ironmen and ironwomen players on Kourend and Kebos
- There will be accelerated XP rates throughout the entire league
You will start out with a fresh account with the basic stats, besides the following to allow for the ability to do Barbarian Fishing and train Herblore:
- Herblore: Level 3
- Agility: Level 15
In order to be able to obtain and wield certain items or level specific skills you will have the following quests unlocked:
- Druidic Ritual
- Dragon Slayer
- Rune Mysteries
You can start Slayer from level 5 combat by speaking to Konar. She has a new Kourend and Kebos defined task list which includes some new tasks specific to the Twisted League. Her tasks will no longer have Area Restrictions but will still award Brimstone Keys.
Tasks are a collection of goals and achievements which can be completed in the league. These tasks can be for various activities such as skilling, obtaining drops, killing creatures, completing quests or even playing minigames. Completion of a task will award a number of League Points which can be used to unlock relics and overall rewards. Points received for completing each task will be subject to balancing but will be based on the tier of the task. Tasks will range from Easy to Master tiers where Easy tasks are considered simple and Master tasks are considered to be extremely difficult achievements. Below is a list of some Twisted League tasks you can expect to see:
- Easy: Steal a golovanova fruit top
- Medium: Enter the Woodcutting Guild
- Hard: Cast Resurrect Crops
- Elite: Check the health of a redwood tree
- Master: Obtain a skilling pet
- Easy: Complete a jelly task
- Medium: 1 Skotizo kill
- Hard: Equip a Dragon Warhammer
- Elite: Complete 250 Chambers of Xeric runs
- Master: Metamorphise the Olmlet
- Easy: Complete the Client of Kourend Quest
- Medium: Complete the In Search of Knowledge miniquest
- Hard: Plant 100 bologano seeds
- Elite: Kourend and Kebos Elite Diary Tasks
- Master: 2277 Total Level
- You save 80% of your ammunition and runes.
- Your run energy drain-rate is reduced to 0 and your prayer drains at half the speed.
- Bones dropped by creatures are automatically buried and award 4 times the experience. Ensouled heads now drop two at a time.
Rewards gained will fall under two categories: League-to-League and Main Game.
- Any insured pets gained in the previous league will carry over to the next one.
- You will still lose your pet if you die with it on a league world but Probita will temporarily set up shop in Kourend and Kebos so you can insure and reclaim your league-to-league pet for free.
- A unique symbol representing the tier you placed in at the end of the previous league will appear when a player right clicks you.
- Mithril, Adamant, and Rune league specific worlds will be accessible based on the tier you ranked in.
- If you ranked in a higher tier, such as Dragon, you can use all of the rank worlds. Similarly, if you ranked in the Adamant tier, you can access both the Adamant and Mithril rank worlds.
- Based on how you placed in the league you will be awarded an armour set that can be used in the next one.
- This armour set will be a basic starter set of armour and a weapon with varying stats that can assist in the early gameplay of the following league.
Cosmetic Twisted League Outfit
- 3 tiers of cosmetic outfit with no stats
- Each tier will cost exponentially more points
- Tradeable and storable in the PoH
- Outfit will represent the Twisted League
Should the Twisted League offer cosmetic armour rewards as described in the blog? This will consist of three tiers of cosmetic outfits that represent the league.
Twisted League Themed Banner
- Similar to Kourend house banners but themed around the Twisted League
- Held in the main-hand slot
- Costs a relatively low amount of points
Should the Twisted League offer a Twisted League-Themed banner reward as described in the blog? These will be similar to the Kourend house banners and be held in the main-hand slot.
Twisted League Slayer Helm Recolour
- Twisted horns which can be used on a Slayer helm to turn it into a Twisted League themed helm
- Will require 1000 Slayer points to unlock the recolour to be consistent with all the other Slayer helms
- Twisted horns will be tradeable but the helm, once recoloured, will not
- Twisted horns can be removed from the helm
- This will cost a medium amount of points
Should the Twisted League offer a Twisted League Slayer Helm recolour reward as described in the blog? The recolour will require 1000 Slayer points to unlock to be consistent with the other Slayer helm recolours.
Twisted League Home Teleport Animation
- A scroll that changes the home teleport animation to have the player draw a black/green circle on the ground. When teleporting away a Xerician symbol appears under them
- Scroll will be tradeable but consumed once used
- This will cost a medium amount of points
Should the Twisted League offer a Twisted League Home Teleport Animation reward as described in the blog? This will be similar to the default home teleport animation but the player will draw a black/green circle on the ground. When teleporting away a Xerician symbol appears under them.
Twisted League Themed PoH Wallkit
- A scroll, once taken to an Estate Agent, will unlock the ability to have a league themed PoH
- Scroll will be tradeable
- Scroll will be returned when changing PoH wallkit style to something else
- This will cost a high amount of points
Should the Twisted League offer a Twisted League Themed PoH wallkit reward as described in the blog?
Twisted Ancestral Robes Ornament Kit
- An attachment to the Ancestral Robes which can be used to turn them into a White/Green/Black version
- Attachment can be removed from the robes
- Robes with the ornament kit are storable in the PoH separate to the existing Ancestral Robes
- Ornament kit is tradeable but the recoloured robes are not
- This will cost a high amount of points
Should the Twisted League offer a Twisted League Ancestral Robes Ornament Kit reward as described in the blog?
Cosmetic Twisted League Trophy
- A cosmetic wieldable trophy that represents which tier you placed in
- Can only be claimed by players who attained the specific tier rank in the league
- Unlike the other rewards, this will not be tradeable
- Storable in the PoH
- Held in the off-hand slot (aside from Dragon, Rune and Adamant which are 2H)
- Has a unique emote that is accessed by right clicking the trophy
- Will not cost any points to purchase
Should the Twisted League offer cosmetic Twisted League trophy rewards as described in the blog? This trophy will represent the tier you place in and will be untradeable.
A: We want rewards to be accessible to both the competitive and casual players. That is why alongside hiscores, we have a tiered reward structure that will cater to all types of players.
Q: Do I have to start over?
A: As this is on a new game mode, stats will start off fresh. However, with Twisted League we know the grind at the start can be rather frustrating, which is why we will have accelerated XP rates and an unlockable relic at the very start of your league adventure.
Q: Do I need to make a new account to play leagues?
A: You are more than welcome to use any existing accounts you have created. You will not be able to play both Old School and Twisted League on the same account at the same time.
Q: How long will a league last?
A: Each league will differ on how long it stays open based on the type of league it is and how previous leagues go. The Twisted League itself, however, will last two months from the release date. Stay tuned for the release date announcement!
Q: Why are you working on this and not Group Ironman or Account Security?
A: Leagues is all content work whereas Clans and Group Ironman require some platform work and Account Security falls under an umbrella of different teams such as technical services. We can offer Leagues now, whereas we can't do that with updates that require input from other departments. We know there is an appetite for Group Ironman and Account Security and we are keen to offer you updates when we can.
Q: Will this replace Deadman or other Competitive Gaming Updates/Events?
A: Leagues are not replacing Deadman. We have a new Head of Esports that is currently working on ideas for competitive gaming updates for Old School RuneScape. The moment we know more about that we will let you all know.
Q: If I don't compete in this league will I still be able to get the Twisted League rewards in the next league?
A: You will be able to obtain league rewards from previous leagues using the points you earned. Some of the rewards are also being polled as tradeable so if you don't want to wait until the next league you can always try your luck at buying one. We will not make discontinued rewards with leagues.
We appreciate the feedback and questions we have received thus far and encourage you to continue discussions with us. Stay tuned in the coming weeks for more information regarding Twisted Leagues and a poll date for the rewards.
Mods Acorn, Archie, Ash, Bruno, Curse, Ed, Flippy, Gambit, Gee, Ghost, Husky, John C, Kieren, Lenny, Lottie, Maz, Nasty, Roq, Ry, Sween, Tide, Weath & WestThe Old School Team