Memorial to Guthix is here a fascinating new layer to your Divination training where you'll collect, activate and archive the memories of Guthix himself, then show them off in a lush new environment.
Also, if there's Bonus XP burning a hole in your pocket, pay Vic the Trader a visit over in Burthorpe.
Read on to find out more!
Memorial to Guthix
How to Start
Head to the site just north of Eagle's Peak and speak to Orla Fairweather.
Alternatively, train Divination and once you receive a memory strand click to teleport to the memorial site, then speak to Orla.
During your normal Divination training (not while Dungeoneering), you'll now start to receive memory strands a new type of item that's stored automatically into your currency pouch.
These are the raw material of the memories of Guthix, which can be used with various flavours of divine energy to activate 12 engrams items found around the world which will display key memories from the life of Guthix, after he had ascended to godhood.
Speak to Orla Fairweather at the site, who'll set you on the path to hunting down the engrams. Charge them, then return them to the memorial to activate echo plinths, which give you Divination XP and oodles of Guthixian lore showing a side of Guthix that you've never seen before - plus some awesome Divination-focused rewards.
There are a range of persistent buffs and bonuses available from activating the engrams. These include a removed cap on chronicles, increased XP from divine locations, chronicle fragments replaced with Guthixian butterflies, and more. You can have one of these active at a time to begin with, and can switch between them once a week (after the Wednesday reset) at the memorial site's fountain.
Collect all 12 engrams and you can reset the memorial and start again. This prestige mechanic rewards you with a chunk of Divination XP, and unlocks the ability to have an additional reward active (4 maximum) and a butterfly wing cape override with an increasingly elaborate appearance.
For further details of everything to do with Memorial Guthix, check out Mod Manti's overview thread.
Vic the Trader Returns
Everyone's favourite Bonus XP trader is back in Burthorpe and ready for business.
Until the next update on the 16th of January, you'll be able to exchange your unwanted Bonus XP with Vic for credits, which can be on items from his store.
As well as some pricing adjustments, regulars will notice the following changes to Vic's store:
- Invention Bonus XP can now be traded in
- Master camouflage outfit pieces have been added to the 'Special outfits' tab
- Grotesque armour and soul gems have been added to the 'Other' tab
- The price of all special outfits have increased by 50
- Skill training dummy crates can now be purchased
- The second batch of slayer masks has been added to the store
- Dummies next to Vic have been updated with the latest outfits
Vic will stop trading Bonus XP with the next update, but he'll stick around for a further week (until the update on the 23rd) so you can access his store and use up any outstanding credits.
Please note that Ironman players cannot trade with Vic.
We hope you've all had a fantastic holiday season, and can't wait for you to experience everything we've got in store in 2017.
If you haven't already, be sure to check out the Year Ahead video for a sneak preview of the year's RuneScape content. Don't forget to claim your Guthixian Butterfly pet from Diango with the code 0800488449.
The RuneScape Team
In Other News
See the patch notes for further details of today's updates.
Live Streams this Week
Each week we stream Q&As, in-game events and more. Watch our streams and find a full streaming schedule over on our Twitch channel.
Check our YouTube channel, too, for all of our previous streams, including all of our Dev Diaries if you want to find out more about Mining and Smithing rework or the Bank Rework, that's your place.
Tomorrow's stream is based on the epic plans we have for the first couple of months this year based on the 'Year Ahead' video. Read on to find out more.
Tuesday, January 10th | 17:00 Game Time | The Year Ahead
In this week's stream, we'll be talking all about the recent Year Ahead video and asking your questions. Don't miss it!
Want your question asked? Use the #RSQA hashtag on Twitter, head to our forums, or to Reddit to post it.
Watch from 17:00 Game Time.
Sunday, January 15th | 20:00 Game Time | Nex Mass with Mod Lee
Mod Lee and friends are gunning for Nex this week - tune in to see how they fare!
Tijdens het trainen van Divination zul je memory strands kunnen vinden. Deze worden automatisch bewaard in je currency pouch. Dit zijn geheugenflarden van Guthix, die je kunt gebruiken om engrams te activeren en herinneringen van Guthix te ontdekken. Orla Fairweather, ten noorden van Eagle's Peak, kan je helpen met het vinden van de engrams. Laad ze op en breng ze naar de gedenkplaats bij Orla voor Divination XP en inzichten in de herinneringen van Guthix. Naast XP en literatuur zijn er permanente buffs te verdienen voor Divination. Deze zijn onder andere het verwijderen van het maximum aantal chronicles dat je tegelijkertijd kan hebben, verbeterde XP van divine locations en het vervangen van chronicle fragments voor Guthixian butterflies. Je kunt maar één van deze trekjes tegelijkertijd actief hebben. Eens per week kun je je keuze hierin veranderen bij de fontein bij de gedenkplaats.
Wanneer je alle twaalf de engrams hebt verzameld, kun je het geheel resetten en er opnieuw mee beginnen. Elke keer dat je dit doet krijg je Divination XP en kun je een extra buff actief hebben, tot een maximum van vier. Ook krijg je een cape override die er met elke stap knapper uitziet. Meer details over de update kun je vinden in Mod Manti's forumthread.
Een beknopte Engelse uitleg en de locaties van alle engrams kun je vinden in dit forumtopic.
Ook kun je de komende twee weken de code 0800488449 bij Diango, in Draynor Village, opgeven om een Guthixian Butterfly huisdier te krijgen.
Vic the Trader
Vic is terug bij de lodestone van Burthorpe. Tot de update van volgende week, maandag 16 januari, kun je bonus-XP bij Vic inwisselen voor krediet in zijn winkel met (oude) voorwerpen van Treasure Hunter. Hier zijn onder andere de camouflage outfits van Thieving, het grotesque armour en soul gems, skill training dummy's en meer Slayer maskers aan toegevoegd. Na de update van 16 januari kun je geen bonus-XP meer bij Vic inwisselen, maar je kunt wel tot de update van de week erna, 23 januari, je krediet opmaken.
- The Zombie Walk idle animation now plays correctly again.
Skills, D&Ds & Minigames
- It's now possible to combine used silver jewellery.
- Mining a shooting star will now give augmented pickaxes XP.
- It is no longer possible to alch or disassemble the planks from the Yakamaru fight, which caused the fight to enter unofficial hard mode, in which mirage phase would never end.
- Rick Turpentine's name now appears correctly during court cases.
- Players can now pick up manifested knowledge that spawns during agility training at the Advanced barbarian outpost course. If it spawns while using the balance beam, then it will appear on the platform below you.
- Manifested knowledge will now spawn on the central platform when using the Hefin serenity posts.
Quest, Challenges and Achievements
- A situation where Thearisk didn't appear when replaying While Guthix Sleeps after a pure reset has been resolved.
- Players may now correctly drop Ana in a Barrel.
- Imposter mapsquares in Sliske's labyrinth have been disabled to avoid visual clutter on the game screen and minimap.
- Better chat flow has been added when talking about other gods to Armadyl and Zamorak in Sliske's Endgame.
- Grammar and spelling errors in Sliske's Endgame have been fixed.
- Two adjacent rooms in Sliske's labyrinth have been swapped to prevent players crossing into a room they haven't rotated and becoming stuck.
- Signs of life have been disabled at a certain point at the conclusion of Sliske's Endgame.
- Sliske will no longer invite Vorago to his game after the fact.
- A number of text issues and inconsistencies in Children of Mah have been fixed.
- Suspicious traitors found in the Children of Mah quest now function correctly when leaving the area after deciding their fate.
- The three disco outfits can now be keepsaked.
- The Maul of Omens is no longer kept on death when dying during the final transition at Vorago.
- Bosses have now lost their festive spirit.
- The companion pet Roooots will no longer auto-dismiss itself upon logout.
- A spelling error on the Winter Weekend interface has been fixed.
- Blood nihils no longer fail to drop any items if killed as they begin their special attack.
- The chance of receiving a warpriest armour piece in the God Wars Dungeon is now decided on an NPC's death rather than on each drop.
- Ice strykwyrms will no longer become immune to attacks and then disappear after burrow attack.
- Unsetting overload states while not actually being under the effects of an overload has been fixed.
- A spelling error on the Deathmatch reward shop has been fixed.
- Unlock hints for some music tracks have been changed to reference the Deathmatch arena, rather than the Crucible.
- Attempting to hop to a Bounty Hunter world now has an extra confirmation step, since you are very likely to be moved to Edgeville.
- Tiny Sliske now always has click options when familiar options aren't hidden.
- The message for spawning manifested knowledge with the shadow-touched training set effect has been unfiltered.
- 11/12, 13:32 UTC: An issue where a player attacking familiars under the effects of intercept would cause the familiar's owner to become skulled when the familiar retaliated has been fixed.
- 19/12, 16:54 UTC: A second Icthlarin has been prevented from appearing in the Endgame labyrinth when crossing between areas.
- 19/12, 17:00 UTC: Constant 100% run energy during the Endgame labyrinth has been enabled.
- 21/12, 17:03 UTC: Withdrawing above max cash to an existing stack of coins in the Wilderness no longer drops it to the floor.
- 28/12, 14:54 UTC: Nightmare gloves no longer provide their effect on free worlds.
- 28/12, 16:44 UTC: The daily cap for Diango's workshop post-quest skilling activities is now always reset daily.
- 03/01, 13:31 UTC: Advent calendar portables can no longer be obtained by new accounts.
- 03/01, 17:02 UTC: Feng the Bounty Master once again hands out bounties.
- 03/01, 17:17 UTC: Players can now use the Mahjarrat Aura up until the end of January.
- 05/01, 11:27 UTC: An issue in which Ironmen could not complete the Heist resolution has been fixed.